26 coaches online • Server time: 04:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2004 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi there!

im going back home from uni to my beloved ireland this summer and im wondering if there are any people from Northern ireland or cavan or donegal who play bloodbowl. i havent really been able to find many people to play and i live a good 1.5 hours away from the GW in belfast so its not an option.

id love to start a league up if there wasnt already one but im hoping there will be a league running in northern ireland. i already know colin from fumbbl (lives down the road from me when he isnt the other side of the world!)

anyway thanks
tubboy

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2004 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Bout ye Rob Smile

Well i live in belfast and play on fumbbl, but to be honest i don't know anyone from here who still does, (i don't frequent the GW shop very often)
not much in the way of advice, and if you find more people who play let me know!
cthol

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2004 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

well, i live in ireland, but in dublin, so i ain't much use to ya... good luck with finding games anyway:)
tubboy

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2004 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry rob manged to delete for pm to me without repsonding!

thanks for the update, i've actually played Colin before but didn't know he was from good old Norn Iron, Guess that'll teach me to be more chatty in match Very Happy

There was once a gorup of about 8 or 9 of us who played in Antrim but i don't really see them anymore, gawd knows some of them could be here undersome strange handel for all i know, and i've a mate in dublin who will be joining fummbl once he manges to get it sorted and buy himself a computer!
Filov

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2004 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I live in Belfast at the moment and have been searching (admittedly half heartedly) for a bloodbowl league over here. So far no luck. And unfortunately bloodbowl on fumbbl is difficult at the moment since I only have the internet from uni and the network settings are somehow keeping me from using irc to join the chat and find games.

Has anyone heard of a league out here?

Cheers,
tubboy

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2004 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

You at QUB mate?

I know the Uni had a club called "the dragon slayer" who did role play and stuff, now i never went to any of there meetings nor do i know if they still exist but if they do they may play or least know were there a league.

saving that there's the games workshop in castlecourt, someone there might be able to point you in the right direction!

Good Luck
Filov

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2004 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Aye, I am at QUB.

I have heard of the dragonslayers and just haven't gotten around to checking them out yet. Its on my to do list.

I went down to the GW in Casltecourt and asked one of the staff there and got a disdainful reply and told that the game hasn't been any good since the rules revision. Which I am assuming is his way of saying he didn't know. (also would have been nice for him to mention which edition but....)

Cheers,
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2004 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

bah dont mind about castlecourt GW it is infested with morons! I asked in there about 6 months ago when i was passing through belfast and i recieved no help at all! You are better off clear of that dump! Smile

i had planned on making a league but i have no board anymore but im planning on making one!

I have a few friends from home in fermanagh in QUB who would be interested in playing BB again but havent played for maybe 5-6 years. I myself am in edinburgh uni right now but i will be back over the summer and colin mentioned that he may be back in fermanagh in june
Colin

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2004 - 02:12 Reply with quote Back to top

browwnrob_ni wrote:
bah dont mind about castlecourt GW it is infested with morons!

Callow, beardless twerps, as useful as a chocolate teaspoon and a disgrace to the role-playing industry, they give us all a sad rep. Bloodbowl was around before most of them were even born...
 Jump to: