18 coaches online • Server time: 02:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
deyempe

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2014 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

So this is Legal?

It only concernes me because I played a match against this guy last night and I had to wait sometimes for seemingly nothing. I rarely need to time someone out but I had to during this game, he had finnished his turns by 1-2 mins btw... I asked him about it but his response was meaningless.

Not saying he was playing to games last night aswell but It would explain the LONG PAUSES between the ending of his moves and the clicking of thew End Turn button....

Ofcourse if this is legal practice then we should all be doing it Smile

Last edited by deyempe on %b %18, %2014 - %14:%Jun; edited 2 times in total
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2014 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I know naming and shaming isn't allowed. But big pictures make it pretty clear. Don't break the rules or we will witch hunt you like a witch! Very Happy

Also, don't break the rules by starting a witch hunt.

Also, don't name and shame.

Also, stuff.

Edit: Also, follow the rules about not playing more than one game at a time.

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2014 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I would say he is amazingly quick doing this. Him playing two games is quicker than most opponents playing 1 game. It is legal if the coaches playing have no problem with it. Seeing as he is a damn fun opponent, I have no problem with it.....

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2014 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

it's legal if opponent allows, right?
I always ask first the few times I have to play two at a time.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2014 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Rules presented to me said that time: "Don't play more than 1 game at a time, unless explicitly allowed by all other coaches involved."

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2014 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Hrm ok well my bad then, I guess I was stil la bit pi**ed off about the unusual ammount of time I had to wait last night during a game, for simple things such as kicking a ball and ending a turn :/
KenThis

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2014 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

This shouldn't be in the forums. If you have a problem see admins. Naming and shaming sucks twice as bad as playing double games.
deyempe

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2014 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Please delete the post if it is considered inapropriate.

My intention wasnt to name and shame. And if this is legal then nobody has been shamed Smile

My intention was to prove that this double game thing was happening (first time I have seen it tbh) and I question the legality of such practices..

as stated earlier:

deyempe
Quote:

It only concernes me because I played a match against this guy last night and I had to wait sometimes for seemingly nothing. I rarely need to time someone out but I had to during this game, he had finnished his turns by 1-2 mins btw... I asked him about it but his response was meaningless.

Not saying he was playing to games last night aswell but It would explain the LONG PAUSES between the ending of his moves and the clicking of thew End Turn button....

I have removed the images.

Last edited by deyempe on %b %18, %2014 - %14:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
RobRoyDuncan

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2014 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Second the naming and shaming. But, from the Site Rules:

"Playing multiple games at once is not allowed unless you have explicit permission by all involved opponents."

Next time, PM the opponent to make him aware of this.
GronxWild

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2014 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

i didn t felt like he took more time than average, we also were chating!!! XD
if u are fast enought i don t c any problem, i personaly dont do it because my connection sucks Razz
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2014 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I have done it on more than one occasion. At my lowest point (read: most addicted) I may even have run 3 at once but I can't remember if that is true or not (funny how memories fade especially over periods of one's life where accomplishments are few and far between).

Re: whether is OK or not, I would say... it depends... he should make it clear to you that he is in 2 at once (I would always say to at least 1 of the opponents; the one I took 2nd) and really it shouldn't be done regularly. The majority of times I ended up playing 2 at once usually was because of conflicting scheduled game (I suck at scheduling games) or because I played somebody _horrendously_ slow (happygrue slow). Playing a game where my turns are 30s and the opponent's are 4 minutes, that sucks.

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2014 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

now it s not so common to chat with your oponent as it was with the previous GF... people maybe don t refresh pm s while LFG...
deyempe

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2014 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I can honestly say I have never played 2 games at the same time, havent needed to and I like to give a single game my full attention tbf
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2014 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

It seems pretty straight forward.

You should get both opponents to agree before starting the 2nd match. Otherwise don't do it. Simple.

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2014 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Good cherries get picked by two people at once!