65 coaches online • Server time: 20:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AcheronStyx

Post 23 Posted: Apr 25, 2004 - 09:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Lets make this thread the official "I need a recovery game" thread. This is for teams in DIRE NEED only.... I.E. you have 6 players, a team rating that's through the roof, and a team strength that's nearly 6 feet under.

That being said....I need a recovery game. Please none of this crap of "My 180/190 *insert whatever team here* will give you a game" That's just plain rediculous.
Shinan

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2004 - 09:54 Reply with quote Back to top

If you ever see my name around in the chat you can be sure that my team will accept any needs for recovery games... Well most anyway.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=5956

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2004 - 10:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Acheron_Styx wrote:
I need a recovery game...

What you need is not a recovery match. Recovery means you have a beaten up team with a few misses and AFTER the recovery match (which should be played against an equal team in str AND healthy players) the team should be fine again.

WHAT you need is a huge number of matches to bring them up to 11 players again. So actually it is team to overthink retirement. Of course I can understand you don´t wanna retire them because of the ogre.
poi66

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2004 - 10:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Shinan wrote:
...you can be sure that my team will accept any needs for recovery games...

...so you can go on beating up an already hurted team, come on! A team in need of recovery facing 2 or 3 trees and a huge bunch of flings doesn´t see much of a chance to recover...
Munkager

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2004 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

For the next couple of months, I will be trying to get the this team back on its feet again.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=50685

So if you feel like helping an we team back to 11 players contact me.
peikko

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2004 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Recovery games certainly aint games where they play against coach and team combo where he is just playing extremely softy and not trying to win.
Gibbering_Gambits

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2004 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

if ya want to to get the team playable then get rid of the the guy worth all the SPP! you make money and your rating drops and you get more players for the same spp cost. technically isn't it against the site rules for this thread? Pre-agreeing to game terms...
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2004 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah but Gibbering_gambits he is not agreeing to any game terms note how he hasnt said anything like no fouling/no sidelining or anything like that (as agreements of that nature are against the rules) he has said he would like to play 'soft' teams however this isnt actually against the site rules and looking at his team it is probably quite nessesary as otherwise he will be facing teams he has no hope to beat
Aequitas

Post   Posted: May 02, 2004 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

No such thing as a "recovery" game. Just try and play softer teams and you'll be fine. Obviously playing dwarves/chaos isn't the best of ideas when you're down to 7 players. Look for elves. I hate it when people announce they <b>need</b> a recovery game.

Post   Posted: May 23, 2004 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there a minimum amout of player to still be able to play?
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: May 23, 2004 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Nope. You can go into a match with 0 players to field. Won't be a particularly fun game but it could happen.

Post   Posted: May 23, 2004 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Aequitas wrote:
No such thing as a "recovery" game. Just try and play softer teams and you'll be fine. Obviously playing dwarves/chaos isn't the best of ideas when you're down to 7 players. Look for elves. I hate it when people announce they <b>need</b> a recovery game.

Sure - I got 7 Wood Elves down, 4 BH, 2 SI and 1 killed against Halflings! Either halflings aren't a "softer" team, or Lady Luck has some part to play with always. And no - the 2 treemen wasn't the problem, just those bloodthirsty little fellas :). Unlucky first turn, and downwards the spiral did go.
Renegade

Post   Posted: May 23, 2004 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want a laugh, check out the last 5 games of my orcs career!

Humans and dark Elf brought them to their knees!

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&showmatches=1&team_id=48349
Funso

Post   Posted: May 23, 2004 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Dude, that orc team isn't even retire worthy. 9 fit players, not a niggle between em, fairly low TR so you still make money.

Why on earth did you retire that lot?
BudsBalkan

Post   Posted: May 28, 2004 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Ahoy! My Darkies need really a recovery match.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=10832

I dont want to retire them....

Please help!
 Jump to: