57 coaches online • Server time: 18:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Claw:
Leave it as is. Dwarf, Elf, Orc they are all the same.
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Needs to be nerfed. Orc and Dwarf armor should not be the same as a Woodie!
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Give it to EVERYONE!! More blood, kill all menz,beastz and elfz!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I didn't order claw with my pie.
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

NerdBird

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2014 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

This is not doing so well on my blog, so let's make it a POLL!

I know a lot of you love to go out and kill Orcs and Dwarfs with your Claw Pombers. A lot of these Claw coaches complain that Elves still beat you so it is fair....no, there are other skills to counteract Elves but everyone is spamming one skill set that completely takes away the resilience of Orcs and Dwarfs and others. Elves can get away and the Chaos team with 4 claw skills just gave up 80 TV or the cost of one Elf that is pretty much moot against Elves. Humans and others that can't get away suffer greatly too. Sure, we can link a few games here and there where the Chaos team was humped but on average this is not the norm.

So I am out mowing my lawn this morning, thinking about random things...... Using my push mower, putting safety first above comfort, wearing shorts and flip flops I get jabbed in the foot by a pricker. As the pain fades and I continue mowing, my mind immediately starts thinking about claws. What the hell, why is a Dwarf or an Orc the same AV as a Goblin when it comes to Claw? What a dumb rule. Who came up with that idea?

So I think, you know, what they should do with the skill:

Claw: A player with claw may replace one of the D6 used for Armor with a D8. Any result higher than 12 will add +1 to the injury roll and may be combined with MB.

I would think this would add a much greater dimension of failure and reward. Your average roll would be 8. Which would break most armor when combined with MB. It would also bring Dwarfs and Orcs back into the mix since their armor would hold on average.

With this, maybe add RSC back and you may replace a second D6 with a D8?

Maybe we could do this with DP too, to replace a D6 with a D8. This would decrease the amount of doubles and give more inclination to injure people.

Someone mentioned this with Strong Arm and other skills, that could be cool as well! Any pass greater than a 6 and the player gets +1 to catch it.

Thoughts?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2014 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

"This is not doing so well on my blog" yes...........why can't people take hints from that?

Bringing in a D8 for anything other than directional die rolls. A big no. That's not even considering how complex you are making it.

The only things wrong with the current claw are: AV10 shouldn't be brought down to AV7, combo issues and fluffwise it really sucks.

Other than that it's working well.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2014 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Claw owns claw the orcs

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2014 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem with Claw rolling a D6 + D8 is that makes the players with AV 7 or less more fragile than vs current Claw.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2014 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I think using Claw as an anti-armor thing is fine. I think it's too good as is, but I'd do something like make it allow for an (unmodified) injury roll if the natural AV dice come up 8+.

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2014 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

No offence, but if your blog gets down voted into oblivion... take the hint. Reposting it as a thread does not change it. Locked
 Jump to: