38 coaches online • Server time: 12:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SvenS

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2014 - 10:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi!
Inspired by Premiership War Gods and Slayer candidates, I want to make an adoption team aswell! Very Happy

Who wants in?

What race should I use?

Basic idea stolen fromBullroarer4:
Quote:

1.) One adopted player per coach.
2.) The godfather chooses the name of the player.
3.) The godfather provides a Player Picture and is responsible for the player's Biography. This is required - I want all players to have a bio from the very start. It does not have to be extensive, but it has to be there.
4.) When a godfathered player skills up, I'll ask his godfather what to do, so please don't adopt a player if you are not regularly on FUMBBL.
ALTERNATIVELY, a complete 'skill planning schedule' can be submitted, which might be good for those godfathers who are online irregularly.
On occasion, I might ask for other kinds of input.
5.) If the player dies or retires, his godfather is free to be the godfather for a new player (or wait on the waiting list, if necessary).
6.) Should a godfather be absent from FUMBBL whenever there is a decision to be made for his player, I will do my best to make a decision myself that is in line with the character as I see it.

SL

Last edited by SvenS on Jul 02, 2014 - 12:50; edited 1 time in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2014 - 10:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Has to be Khemri as you have never played with them before.

I'd like to be a tomb guardian with -

Mb, break tackle, guard,
Doubles -dodge then wrestle. Stats only +st or ma.

Make a TG sacker Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2014 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Ooooh yes Khemri!

And I'll claim a TG too!

I'll need a team name and perhaps theme before I come up with a name & skills.

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2014 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

TG

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2014 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Thro-Ra

Pic and Bio to follow

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2014 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Zed was of the grove. He was a seedling long before man started building his hollow barks of clay and wood. Zed lived, and Zed grew, as the little manlings cared for him over their generations. Although their brief lives were fleeting, he also cared for the manlings, as he protected both them and the grove across the aeons.

Life was calm, and even when the world required that he uprooted himself to do battle, life was good.

Until one day, dark clouds rose on the horizon, and the Waaaagh hordes came. They rampaged through the grove, killing the manlings and tearing down the ents. Lumbering trolls smashed left and right, and maniacal little green waaaaghlings came, bearing loud machines that smelled of fire and death.

With great agony, Zed felt the machine's teeth dig into his bark, and his wood. He could feel his roots lose their leaves, and at the same time felt his trunk lose its water. Briefly, a caring manling tried to treat his malady, but all the little thing could do was weep for its big protector. And then, Zed felt no more.

The horde left, and time passed by. The lands that had once harbored the grove now warmed, dried up, and cracked. The winds from the south blew layers and layers of sand past the trunk, drying it out, and over time, covering it completely.

Until...

In the deep darkness, something stirred. Liquids flowed in his thirsty cappillaries. They were not his liquids, but they moved him all the same. He shuddered, his dried-out branches crackling with the memory of long-fallen leaves. He gazed out of his empty sockets, and saw the lich standing before him. Zed-Ra understood.

Zed-Ra got ready.

Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead. However, I sincerely hope Zed-Ra skills for you in his unlife as Zed the treeman skilled for me in life, mate. =D

Here's the plan, so you won't have to rely on my presence for his progression:
ST/ST/block/dodge/tackle/MA/MA
Or, lacking that:
Mighty blow, break tackle, guard, piling on, grab, stand firm

Revenge
If Zed-ra ever faces a goblin team, he will do what he can to kill as many as possible. (try to blitz with him if you can, take both down over push results).
If the team faces a player with a chainsaw, he will ALWAYS try to blitz the saw, if at all possible (say, with no rolls higher than a 3+).

Social
Zed-Ra does NOT like Ash (a skeleton wanna-be named like a tree AND wields a chainsaw!), and so he tries to field as far away from him as he can.

Last edited by the_Sage on Jul 03, 2014 - 19:47; edited 30 times in total
Rabe

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2014 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

If you play Khemri and with two thro-ras, I'd like to be the second (yes, I have a weak spot for throwers). Smile

Can't give you more info before Wednesday though.

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2014 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Orcs, a solid team that could get real interesting with a bit of variation in skill choices. (perhaps with 1 goblin forced onto pitch every drive, in case one or more goblins are sponsored)

Same could be said for elfs, probably AV8 elfs.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
SvenS

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2014 - 11:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Badoek wrote:
Ooooh yes Khemri!

And I'll claim a TG too!

I'll need a team name and perhaps theme before I come up with a name & skills.

Agreed. Wanted tobhave race set before writing team bio though or things could end up wierd!: D

SL
Badoek

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2014 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

So what do you think of Khemri?
Perhaps they skill too slow?

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2014 - 11:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I am up for any challenge! Khem could do a anti zara thing Wink Rabe? Wink
I will take suggestions here for race then possibly do a poll amongst them.

If you have a theme idea to go along with race pls let us know too.

This is the brainstorming phase Very Happy

SL
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2014 - 13:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Just to give you some official fluff on khemri (obviously re-worded by me)

Khemri used to be an area of the world inhabited by humans, its believed to be the oldest known civilisation in The World. It's now known as the Land of the Dead.

A Kislev Prince called Ruff the Unwise. visited Khemri to write a book on the area of the world and their undead inhabitants. The book was called The Ruff Guide to Khemri. He discovered that the skeletal inhabbitants wandered around in a paradoy of their former lives. Though this only happened at night, in the day the deserts are deserted. It so happened that many of the spaces the skeletons occupy happened to be ancient BB pitches that pre date any others in the world.

the land has many pyramids each containing their own aristocracy of undead rulers.

Because skeletons make poor blitzers and throwers Tomb Kings provide some skeletons with magical helmets that imbue the wearer with special abilities that mirror the gods represented on the helms. Throw-Ra is the god of keen accuracy and eyesight, and Blitz-Ra the god of strength and speed. It is believed that the names of thrower and blitzer actually derived from these gods and the ancient form of BB that used to be played in Khmeri before the land turned to desert and the population became undead.

thats the gist anyway Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2014 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Very Ruff indeed. Wink

As for the anti-slayer thing: I don't mind at all, the more, the merrier!
But if I remember correctly, some say Khemri themselves aren't evil or eager to destroy the living (and I've heard of at least one city there where the living and the dead live together). They really just "live" on...

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2014 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

that is correct. They aren't evil, they act a bit like zombies in the classic George Romero sense. The exist as paradoies of their former selves. Though their masters the liche priests etc.. could certainly be evil.

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2014 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice, I know practically nothing of lore but I'm liking Khemri even more now.