33 coaches online • Server time: 17:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Endzone

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2014 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes it could be done, but it would need more than a clawpomb nerf. The chaos teams tends to be weaker at low TV so the would need a boost there too.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2014 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Ya see this is where it gets tricky. The rosters aren't designed to be equal at all tvs. Chaos are meant to be weak starts but excellent at high tv. However the overall win percentage bracket for them and every other tier 1 race is 50 - 60% iirc. The problem is at high tv as it is now (with teams hitting a tv of well over 2000) teams like human or Norse stand below 40% chance of winning against say chaos imo while at low tv Norse vs chaos I would say Norse and chaos probably hit that 60 - 40 closely enough.

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2014 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Bringing back the cummulative cost of skills would discourage the legend+fodder build and make it almost impossible to keep the low-TV sharks going as they do.

It would encourage balanced team development, help players embrace double+stats rolls and thus encourage different player builds. On the other hand, clawpombers wouldn't be such cost-effective players, so spamming them would be a less viable strategy.

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2014 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

a Ruleset to rule them all

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2014 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

How much would it help to use a different TV system for resurrection play vs continuous play?

Also - how many offline leagues use continuous play? My impression is that resurrection is more common offline, but I don't have good info.
bigGuy

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2014 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

Another small change I'd like is reducing the SPPs for causing a CAS from 2 SPPs to 1 SPP.

SMALL CHANGE? Try to make legendary Black Orc or Tomb Guardian with 1 spp per CAS...
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2014 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

bigGuy wrote:
MattDakka wrote:

Another small change I'd like is reducing the SPPs for causing a CAS from 2 SPPs to 1 SPP.

SMALL CHANGE? Try to make legendary Black Orc or Tomb Guardian with 1 spp per CAS...

Try to get a skill...

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2014 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

1spp for a fouling cas would be nice.

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2014 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
bigGuy wrote:
MattDakka wrote:

Try to get a skill...

This is not the game of "fantasy team building" or "pimp your players".
The purpose of the game is not creating Legends, it's winning matches.
I wouldn't think of the Black Orcs'/Tomb Guardians' difficult to get skills, instead I would think of the reduced amount of Clawpomber Legends, less Clawpomb killers = more easier to skill up Black Orc and Guardians because they would survive longer, even with just 1 SPP per CAS.
I play both Orcs and Khemri in the Box and having some unskilled BoB or Guardian is not the end of the world.
You coach a team, not single players on isolation, never forget it.
ChenZhen

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2014 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the bank rules help reign this in. With excess cash adding to team value, the bash teams have to spend, or go into spiraling expenses. The fragile teams are spending cash to replace players, so they don't have to worry about bank limits.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2014 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

There wouldn't be many less killers Matt, most of their early spps come from TDs. It would really suck for Tgs Mummies Big Guys etc.

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2014 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

This is not the game of "fantasy team building"

Umm... Well actually, it kind of is.

You are welcome to tell us how to play but please don't be offended if no one takes any notice of you.

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2014 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
There wouldn't be many less killers Matt, most of their early spps come from TDs. It would really suck for Tgs Mummies Big Guys etc.

Many of their later SPPs come from Clawpomb, though, not TDs.
In the current state playing at high TV with Mummies Big Guys Tgs etc. sucks already.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2014 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

bigGuy wrote:
MattDakka wrote:

We had a bug where piling on did not give SPPs. That was quite nice.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2014 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it is better for the meta when it does, as those killers will be less bargain for the buck.