30 coaches online • Server time: 08:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Henrik_H

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2004 - 05:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I've just noticed that catch skill can be used on interception attempts.

Does nerves of steel work on them as well. The wording in the lrb are not entierly clear. They says that nerves of steel works on handoffs and attempts to catch the ball.

Does trying to intercept count as trying to catch the ball ?

(Common sense says yes but after 15 years of playing GW games I know that common sense and GW rules don't go together)
quota

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2004 - 06:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it does. I'm pretty sure that the -1 on attempting to pick up or catch the ball you get from Pouring Rain also affects intercepts.

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2004 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

It most certainly does. That's why Pass Block is so popular on Pro Elf Catchers - 5/9ths chance of interception, even in tackle zones. Rain and Foul Appearance are the only things that can reduce the chance of an interception for an NoS player.
Phatboy

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2004 - 12:49 Reply with quote Back to top

yup sure works!!

Last edited by Phatboy on %b %26, %2004 - %13:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2004 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Colin wrote:
Rain and Foul Appearance are the only things that can reduce the chance of an interception for an NoS player.

Except of course safe throw, which pretty much destroys all chances of interception. Pass block is great for putting tacklezones on the receiver or passer, but it's not great for getting interceptions if the opposing thrower has safe throw.
m0nty

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2004 - 13:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Works for my wardancer Punter - AG4/Catch/NOS giving a 5+ with reroll to intercept, so a 36% chance. He needs one more to become the top active interceptor in FUMBBL.
 Jump to: