51 coaches online • Server time: 00:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is CLAWPOMB really a problem?
Yes, absolutley
55%
 55%  [ 464 ]
No, Chaos Dwarfs Disagree
20%
 20%  [ 174 ]
Still Haven't Decided
8%
 8%  [ 75 ]
Pie!
15%
 15%  [ 127 ]
Total Votes : 840

JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2014 - 08:50 Reply with quote Back to top

The only real counter for PO is fouling with DP, but now fouling and DP have both been nerfed to death, sad times.

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2014 - 08:52 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
FEND stuff

So the solution to counter an optimal OP build is to take a suboptimal build yourself so that you're a bit better at holding the blocks, but generally wasting TV and having a less competitive team.

You forgot to mention also that sneaky git counters piling on, for general TV effectiveness.

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2014 - 09:48 Reply with quote Back to top

What I get from all this that it is not just the implementation of CRP that is the problem. It is also one of the goals.

Despite all the horse crap about 'metrosexuals' it seems that quite a few people would like to play at a higher TV than the BBRC wanted them to.

It all seems like bit of a cop out. "We can't balance it at high TV so we're going to try to keep TV down".

I really don't understand why people cling so tightly to official CRP. This isn't tabletop. I doubt if anyone plays tabletop the way we play Box.

Use the Box nerfs one draw in four. I can't see a problem with that really.
Testing rules anywhere else is never going to give rules that will work properly in a Box like environment.
Even if GW do want to change the rules later no one will have any worthwhile data to give them.

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2014 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
I really don't understand why people cling so tightly to official CRP. This isn't tabletop. I doubt if anyone plays tabletop the way we play Box.

It's not just a matter of play style. How many TT games do people play in average? I used to play 2 a week, minus the holidays. It would have taken me years to have a hight TV team. Online, you can do that in one week.

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2014 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Pixelhuggers unite! Protect your pixels!

Bring back LRB4 and killer dps and get the ref massacres. It wuz way better, amirite?

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2014 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

Use the Box nerfs one draw in four. I can't see a problem with that really.

The problem with this is the same reason teams can't switch from Ranked to Box.
One draw in four creates a softer environment which is more conducive to building. I could use this to my advantage to build an relatively unbeatable team, then let it loose in the Box-proper and wreak havoc.
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2014 - 17:31
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
Pixelhuggers unite! Protect your pixels!

Bring back LRB4 and killer dps and get the ref massacres. It wuz way better, amirite?

youmayBrite but then that'd just force me to make a NEW complainasaurus thread.
Beerox

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2014 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

*Queue Dode and 8 colored line graphs*

Me:
PO for big guys only

Have all the stupid marauders and goats stuck standing like everyone else...Then you can block them and stuff. You know, just like every other player on the entire pitch.

Nobody should hit the turf without an armor roll (errr except pro wrestlers). Equal treatment. This is the dumbest part of Piling On. You bash, and you avoid bash. What a skill!

Last edited by Beerox on Jul 07, 2014 - 22:02; edited 1 time in total
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2014 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

It isn't going to change, as has been made clear repeatedly in sooooo many threads. Why bother complaining that the orange juice is annoyingly orange coloured. Just drink it and enjoy the refreshingly nommy taste treat. Or a similar nonsensical barely connected image that works for you.

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
dode74

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2014 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Nah, no graphs from me. It's all been done before and minds are not going to be changed by facts since people will interpret them whichever way suits them best Wink

Edit: nice to see FUMBBL emulating the Cyanide forum one-thread policy on this matter Wink
Tauro

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2014 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

How one elf could PO anyone? Or a goblin... Just allow PO only for st5 players and the problem is solved
Winni

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2014 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Saying AV7 is a counter to Claw is like saying AG1 is a counter to tackle.

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2014 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Tauro wrote:
How one elf could PO anyone? Or a goblin... Just allow PO only for st5 players and the problem is solved

Or with the requirement that the Piling On player must have a ST 2 points higher than defender's ST.
So you can pile on a goblin if you have ST 4+, on a Snotling if you have ST 3+ and so on.
Piling on key players such as Ogres and Mummies would be way harder.
bigGuy

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2014 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

Or with the requirement that the Piling On player must have a ST 2 points higher than defender's ST.
So you can pile on a goblin if you have ST 4+, on a Snotling if you have ST 3+ and so on.
Piling on key players such as Ogres and Mummies would be way harder.

This! I like the idea.
dode74

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2014 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Let's say, just for a second, that the CPOMB "problem" is solved (whatever that means). All that will happen is that CMB will be the problem, then TMB, then Blodge, then Guardspam, then...
 Jump to: