56 coaches online • Server time: 18:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who comes out on top?
Humans
14%
 14%  [ 11 ]
Norse
12%
 12%  [ 9 ]
Araby
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Brettonian
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
Cathay
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Estalia
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Kislev
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Kingdom of Ind
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Tilea
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Four Nations
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Zons (zzzzzzzz)
25%
 25%  [ 19 ]
Nippon
13%
 13%  [ 10 ]
Nipponese
10%
 10%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 74

buuface

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2014 - 12:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Which team has the most amount of ST and S access?
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2014 - 12:49 Reply with quote Back to top

out of them bretonnia, their two types of knights (Knights and Yeomen) make up 8 S access players, but their linemen suck.

However once I have finished everything else. I might revisit Bretonnia. I really dont like that roster. I just put it in as people have been using it for quite a while already. And now the person who created it has removed S access from the knights and given them P access. Which makes no sense whatsoever.

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2014 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Are Zons meant to be human?

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2014 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

yup, they used to be Norse Valkyries then left and became zons yadayadayada.

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2014 - 13:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Yuck. Deffo should be ST 2 then!

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2014 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Kislev seem to be the only team allowed 2 big guys. Both of which start with Grab. Could be significant!
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2014 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Kislev wont be the best, they are a fun roster that I have used for a long time now, but Ma6 all round sucks. I think a coach like Wreckage could do great things with this team though, as they would very much suit his play style. He's one of the best loose screeners on the site, and this team would do very well with that passive play style.

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2014 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

So what would you use them for, just curious not arguing Smile (the kislev Wings)
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2014 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree, I wouldn't use them.

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2014 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Shakall wrote:
So what would you use them for, just curious not arguing Smile (the kislev Wings)

I would use them for their av8 and agility access your linemen are av7. I would blodge ss dt one up. The other would be blodge ss sure hands. I think you are crazy for not taking them.

Also you are getting Pass Block and Catch for 20k which is pretty good value. Sure they aren't top tier skills, but just like NoS on a pro Elf catcher, starting with those skills makes them worthwhile.

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2014 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I personally have a lino with DP for 70k and have the other TV difference for guard, mb and po. If they where ma7 stripped from skills them i be all over them i guess or i would have one as runner. So cool team might be some deversity Wink

Last edited by Shakall on Jul 14, 2014 - 16:12; edited 1 time in total
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2014 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Meh. You already have 2 big guys 4 Blitzers and a Kicker so where do they go on D?
The Kossars are so odd - not sure I like the anti synergy of the skillset. Block SF would be great. Having wrestle sucks, making them want Block as one of their first few skills really.
I would suggest Block SF or Wrestle JU on the Kossar and Wrestle or +MA on the Wings.

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2014 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I would put the two Werebears on LoS with 1 lineman. Then I would have 1 kossar directly behind the 3 man LoS, then 1 linemen and 1 kicker either side (with 2 squares between). Then your 5 positionals behind (3 Kossars and 2 wings). Your standard protect your 5 or 6 best players set up.

Sure you want Block as a skill at some point, doubling up is on them isn't a bad thing. I do this with Gutter Runners and Wardancers already. Block is also really boring and the last thing we need really are more rosters with block in. I'm not sure I would be using my Kossars in this team for my MB PO roll, I think I would probably use a Werebear or both, and hope to get my kossars, Guard, MB, Tackle, Dodge, Block, then PO, using them a bit like Bobs but Wrestle on your blocker types is an interesting tactical element of the roster.

Stand Firm and Wrestle can have a synergy though obviously its not as standard as the ones you mention. eg. stick them next to a ball carrier, if they block you and get push or both down then they are in loads of trouble. The point of the roster is it purely defensively orientated. Its not a conventional roster I agree, but that's the point, it demands you approach the game in a different way than you would with say Humans for example. I have played with this roster for a long time and its actually one of my favourites and one of the few rosters in the game than makes you think outside the box a little. The wings will get Ma7 if the roster performs really badly. They used to have that a long time ago, but I wanted the roster to be even more defence centric. The teams aim is to win every game 1-0. Also bear in mind this roster is not intended to be a top tier team like wood elves or undead. Kislev is a pretty meagre place.

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2014 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

It's just odd rather than defensive that's all.
But secret league is certainly the place for odd combinations.

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2014 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Remember this is League, not Black Box. Power to weight isn't anywhere near as much of an issue. I played Norse in League for 12 season at high TR, and for me the catchers (with their AG access) were my best players.

I am a dodge before guard man on doubles for G access AV7 team, players though.
 Jump to: