38 coaches online • Server time: 11:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you like this doctor?
Yes
35%
 35%  [ 23 ]
No
45%
 45%  [ 29 ]
Pie
18%
 18%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 64

tmoila

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2014 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Since it can't hurt to suggest something...

Apotechary needs no buff. His usefulness to team does.

Healing mechanism should work like it does now, but to make things more manageable:

Apotechary is used to evaluate the damage every time there is a casualty. Roll a second casualty result and then decide if you wish to use apotechary to apply the new result. If second result is chosen, apotechary is spent for the rest of the game. If original result stands, apotechary is not spent.

I seriously think it would be a good thing and would ease team developement. To give this 'buff' a downside, you wouldn't automatically heal badly hurt players, only if the new result was badly hurt too.

Also fluff-wise, it would actually be an improvement:

Team apotechary of an anonymous elven team walks to the scene of brutality.
- Make way, let me see, I'm a doctor!
Apotechary proceeds to analyze the decapitated head of an elf lineman. With a deep breath and a tear in his eye he turns away and tells team captain there is nothing to be done.
- His head is repelling the torso and can't be joined. I am sorry.
Later that game an elf catcher is brought to the dugouts and laid down on an operating table.
- I see that you have broken your collar bone, let's try something funny...
Healing magic whirls around the suffering elf and bones start to mend. After a while apotechary unstraps the catcher from table and tells him:
- There you go, back to the field! My contract for this game is done, try not to hurt yourself again!

What do you think?

Last edited by tmoila on Sep 12, 2014 - 21:22; edited 1 time in total
Malmir

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2014 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I quite like this actually.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2014 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Nope. Apo is fine. It's one of the things the bbrc got right in crp. After ageing was removed it was important for player turnover to happen in other ways. Though I'd rather it was more pass or fail rather than changing a broken arm to leg which is odd.

Your change also removes the new tactical element that the apo brings in crp which is good design.

On top of all that depending exactly on what you mean you have either added an additional roll for apo use ( now injury then Cas) and given it a HUGE buff in terms of effectiveness, or you have made it impossible to heal BH if you just mean rr Cas roll.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
On top of all that depending exactly on what you mean you have either added an additional roll for apo use ( now injury then Cas) and given it a HUGE buff in terms of effectiveness, or you have made it impossible to heal BH if you just mean rr Cas roll.

No. If you have this new apotechary, two casualty results are always rolled (like in decay) and if you choose the latter one, apotechary is spent. If the latter one is BH, then player is put to reserves.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok well that's better. Though still not as good as what we have. Using it to save bh for the next drive or ko on the pitch is currently a great tactical advantage the current apo has over your version in which saving bh is now something you never bother with and it means perms and killed is all it gets used for thus reducing the turnover of players. Furthermore if you remove its use when it fails it means the apo can be used on subsequent perms or kills till it works further decreasing player turnover.

It's not a terrible idea. It just reduces player turnover to much. The problem with this is the game is designed for teams to be played within a certain TV range. If teams are allowed to reach a TV that is too high the little balance this game does have goes out the window and you would potentially start seeing TV 4000 cpomb teams and so on.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Too good. This means that you'll always be one step ahead of the apo fail. Part of the balance between deciding to apply it or not is the not-knowing it will work.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

i think it's an awesome idea, since it puts a new dimension to apo use, even team management possibility.
+1, great idea.
not that the actual options of KO to stun and bh to reserves would be cancelled.
additional apos would be better, the wandering ones get buffed.

Last edited by fly on Jul 19, 2014 - 00:23; edited 2 times in total
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Just stopping the apo from saying killed so often would be good.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Basically makes all BHs come back on the pitch until you roll your first perm/MNG, thereby making early BH better than being KO'd. Massive variance here on a single roll, since if you get unlucky on your first cas you're screwed even if you and your opponent roll the same on average.
3 Cas rolls (doubles for when Apo is active)
3-5 3-4 4-2 = All players back on the pitch on their next drive, team fine next game.
5-3 3 4 = 3 players off, with one MNG.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
Just stopping the apo from saying killed so often would be good.

That's never changed. 1/6. Always has been. Now it lets you save bh for free though.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 01:36 Reply with quote Back to top

dode74 wrote:
Basically makes all BHs come back on the pitch until you roll your first perm/MNG,

No, BH players would only return to reserves if the second result would also be BH AND apo is used.
cdassak

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 01:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Not all BHs come back, apo can still be used just once.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 01:54 Reply with quote Back to top

i never read bh is healed automatically, too.
two cas rolls, you want the second, apo is used.
that's what i understood.
no changes to current possibilities as i see.

cdassak

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 02:01 Reply with quote Back to top

But it is a buff because you are able to save the apo for other player in case of failed roll. With the current rules it's always a risk of wasting the apo to try saving serious injuries and rips. Doesn't mean I don't like it though, I actually do Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 02:04 Reply with quote Back to top

cdassak wrote:
But it is a buff because you are able to save the apo for other player in case of failed roll. With the current rules it's always a risk of wasting the apo to try saving serious injuries and rips. Doesn't mean I don't like it though, I actually do Smile

Exactly.

Jump to: