39 coaches online • Server time: 10:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SoldierofBodom95

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello all!

I have been browsing the forums and just noticed an "Adoption" thread (https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=25129)

Now, rather than copy this thread I was hoping that some of the more creative of you might be interested in "sponsoring" players for my Norse team. Just a bit of fluff about the player in hand (you can choose from the roster) and a suitable image to go with it.

If someone so chooses then they can feel free to write up a fluff-story for the team as a whole. Smile

The Team: https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=777023

What do you guys think?
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice idea (and welocme to fumbbl) but normally people get to choose the player names from the start. Also I would highly recommend you retire your -st players, and possibly even -av as their TV does not decrease but they are very bad. So you have these s2 guys that get picked apart.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 01:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm just saving for a new berserker at the moment then the -ST berserker will be replace and linemen too
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 01:16 Reply with quote Back to top

SoldierofBodom95 wrote:
I'm just saving for a new berserker at the moment then the -ST berserker will be replace and linemen too

Yes, but, you can also retire both of them & have journeymen w/ st3 replacing them until you save up.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

SoldierofBodom95 wrote:

No, lose them, all 3, now (or asap). Norse do just fine with 3(+) j-men on the defensive LoS, and/or as dedicated markers/assisters/foulers, and your team will do better while you "save up".

Those gimps are a liability, actually worse on your team than a journeyman lino. The 'zerk adds +40k TV that he just isn't earning. The -AV will be Stunned (or worse) on the majority of the times (~58%) he's knocked down, so he'll be out of the game more than he's in it. And the -St lino is simply inferior to a j-man.

The last thing you want is for one of them to steal an MVP, and meanwhile they are not going to hold their own.

(btw - the Thrower? Maybe a mistake, or maybe so this early in team development - read comments here: https://fumbbl.com/help:LRB6NorseSetUp )

GL!

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
SoldierofBodom95

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 01:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a thing for throwers. I prefer the option of being able to get a ball out of a cage before all hell breaks loose to a runner in space somewhere
paradocks

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2014 - 03:39 Reply with quote Back to top

An idea for the fluff: the players are sworn by a blood oath to play until their grizzly death on the blood bowl pitch, for a player to retire would bring eternal shame on his ancestors
 Jump to: