21 coaches online • Server time: 02:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
licker

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2014 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the creature you want for any necro deck is the Banshee. Not sure there are really any other fatties that are required.
licker

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2014 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Active FUMBBLers playing right now!

licker34
svensvensven3
the.tok
original_lemf
hweinestedt

friend each other!

others who have played past lvl2 (tutorial)
happygrue
licker33 (my 2nd account)
thecynicalyank

make moar friends! Smile
SvenS

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2014 - 08:38 Reply with quote Back to top

the.tok wrote:
Thanks for the pointers !

I already run the spider vampires (which are pretty sick for a common I agree Very Happy ) as well as one boneyard. How I would like to have several more ! With the tomb guardian guy, I see great combo material there Smile

I would like to get a good high cost creature though. I've got a few "unearth" type fortunes (like the one where you take one creature from your graveyard and put it on the BF, and then look for all copies in your library), but lack a big creature that would make it worth. For now the best I have is lamassus Sad

I have a vamp deck that is very nice already.
The vamp lord is a nice beatstick but rare I think.
Try to play thru the campaign and you should get lots of cards aswell as wildcards to get the rarer cards

SL
licker

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2014 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Vamp decks are very cool conceptually, but as you see more and better decks they start to lag a bit.

My win rate with my vamp deck (though it's by no means totally optimized due to lacking some cards) is only around 33%. That's good enough to do the occasional necro dailies, but I'd never enter it in a tourny.

Vamp decks are also fairly slow, and that's the main problem, too many high resource vamps, and you tend to lose the board early, and can have a hard time winning it back as your opponent also has lots of resources to throw at your new vamps.

I think it's pretty strong below champ1 though, especially if you have some of theh GB vamp boosters.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2014 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
others who have played past lvl2 (tutorial)

You can add me to that list at least. Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2014 - 02:36 Reply with quote Back to top

What's your nick in mmdoc?
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2014 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I tried this game a little after seeing the post. Gotta say, I really miss the instants from MTG. Reduces the complexity by a couple of dimensions.
Almost all decks are creature based, although I saw a small amount of decks on the higher end spectrum that use alternating startegies. Probably requires really good cards.
licker

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2014 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Lack of interaction on opponents turn makes for very different game play. Reduction of complexity, perhaps, on the other hand most games don't take 20+ minutes Smile

There are several spell/fortune decks though they are more combo/stall oriented.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2014 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

i run an infernal deck and made it pretty quickly to Champion II class. Leveling seems so easy, it's luring me in. But now I'm kind of too afraid to try a different deck because every time I try I realise I miss a lot of cards and am afraid to be completely outmatched against far superior decks.

With Infernal it's pretty much wayne since I prefer commons over the other stuff anyways, maybe with 1 or 2 exceptions.
I actually used some wild cards for some commons. Bad investment you may say but.. They don't cost much and help a lot. And I don't have that kinda gold to buy tons of packs to by sheer accident get a particular card.

Think I could still do a lot better if I had any clue what the other decks actually do.

Also I send out some friend requests but think you blocked mine, Licker.
licker

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2014 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

ahh sry didn't know who yuo were Smile

added now
Rabe

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2014 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

<- Nomril

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2014 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I see we're getting close to 8 who are playing semi regularly.

How about a starter deck tournament some time? Might be tricky to schedule with time zones, but ehh, could be fun Smile
Rabe

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2014 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I've only started logging in every day because of the cumulative benefit you earn by just showing up frequently. Wink

I'll give it a go eventually, but right now, don't take me into account for a tournament.

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2014 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

How about a PM conversation with all FUMBBL coaches that are playing MMDoC? Would be a good place to discuss stuff, I think. And anyone who doesn't like it, can move it to the Trash folder (and even get it back eventually).

Played the first game of the first campaign (after the tutorial) today and it took me stunning 23 minutes! I think I'm too slow for this game... too many decisions to be made every turn. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2014 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, at first, it was the same for me. I felt soooo slow. The main point was that I find the text to be really small, and I was struggling to read everything quickly enough.

But then, you start knowing the cards, and thus don't need to think that much. Knowing each and every card you have in your deck goes a long way, cause you instantly know which threat has to be adressed first, and what are your means to do it.

Got over the 1000 cards milestone ! starting to get much better cards now Smile

I started an Inferno deck and... boy, do they have it all! very agressive creatures, good blasts. It can be over so quickly if the opponent has a bad start !

I started Academy too. Their late game is powerful, but it's hard to get there ^^