49 coaches online • Server time: 14:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
licker

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2014 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I enjoy posting them and commenting them. I have to say the Matewa one really isn't as good as I had hoped it would be. Turns out the 'same' deck from Toghrul is simply much better. Swap your Geysers for IS, swap the other spells for Fire Bolts and it just wins more.

Rikyu for Zefiria is a wash.

The Seria and Alia are tight, last couple dailies with those factions and I've cleared them in under an hour each time. Probably closer to 30m really, but sometimes those token decks just take a while to finally win.
SvenS

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2014 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Using thogrul myself yeah, works well.

SL
Badoek

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 08:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey all, I've given it a try yesterday and it's pretty fun so far.

For anyone who wants to give it a try too: Newbie Guide.

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes that's a pretty solid Newbie Guide.

We're really getting a bit of a group there now Smile

I'll try to set up a tournament some time.
Badoek

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2014 - 08:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm liking it so far, I do have a question:
Apart from winning a quick game, how can you get the other starter decks/heroes?
I haven't been able to find correct information about it (in some 2013 threads it said you could just buy them but I don't see that in the shop).

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2014 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

You would have gotten them all by following licker's (or anyone else's) invitation URL. Not sure if you can still do that once you've started playing already...

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2014 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I did that and I even saw his name appear somewhere during registration/installation. Although it asked for a referral code but I couldn't find one here/in the blog so I assumed it wasn't needed.

edit: so I can just spend my gold on BS2 packs?
Randy_Moss

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2014 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

What's the significance of the shimmering cards?
SvenS

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2014 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Badoek wrote:
I think I did that and I even saw his name appear somewhere during registration/installation. Although it asked for a referral code but I couldn't find one here/in the blog so I assumed it wasn't needed.

edit: so I can just spend my gold on BS2 packs?

Yes that should work. There are new heroes in the new expansions too though.
You can have a look in the place you use wildcards and sort by expansion to find out.
Also check the achievement page and sort to unfinished ones. There are quite a few heros to win that way (though some tasks are pretty hard in the beginning!).
Good to know what heros not to buy for wildcards though if you can win them free Wink

SL
SvenS

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2014 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Randy_Moss wrote:
What's the significance of the shimmering cards?

So far the only special effect I have found is some achievements require decks with them?

Kind of annoying to get shimmering commons instead of rares in the packs TBH :/

SL
Badoek

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2014 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

If I'm right (not entirely sure) not much except that they improve your odds of getting something good when you burn them in that pit. I think they're called Premium cards.

Quote:
They count separately toward multiple achievements and give extra benefits when sacrificed in the pit.

According to someone on the Steam forums.

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2014 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

What is your ingame nick Badoek?

If you didn't join with someones referal you should consider ditching your account and restarting with with a referal (depending on how far along you are).

You should have started with 7 starter decks, one duplicate which you choose at somepoint during tutorial or account creation.

After that you win a starter deck the first time you defeat a faction, so eventually you would have 13 starter decks.

Some of the info I had may be a bit outdated as it was before they implemented the way they did the starter decks, you can still buy decks, but they are premade and for seals only, so I wouldn't recommend it unless you really want the cards in one of those decks.

Also there is no reason to use the Pit for the most part until after you have completed the collection achievements. I've used it rarely if there was an uncommon+ I wanted, but otherwise it's probably better to hang onto your collection and then you can dump a ton of it later on.
Badoek

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2014 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

My nick is Badoek (UPDATE: Brasspigeon) too (I think, I don't use it anywhere else but since I joined because of this thread I thought using this nick would make it easier to recognize me).

Unfortunately I must have clicked the wrong URL (perhaps in a blog?) because I only have the Inferno deck (my starter) and a Haven deck (from a win in a unranked game).

I'm not that far along, I've (almost?) completed the campaign with both decks. If I recall correctly (it's updating atm) I only have about 300 cards. Start over you say?

I just checked: 298 cards, only 1 epic (Namtaru Channeler).

update2: I've tried the link in the OP, a lot more cards and indeed all the decks. I also discovered I already had another uplay account... Must be ancient! Surprised

Last edited by Badoek on %b %21, %2014 - %23:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
SvenS

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2014 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

here is mine if you need more! :p
https://signup.duelofchampions.com/portal/index/DOC_world_02_0010_06_200_12_0614_00?refId=URAJ7M

SL
licker

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2014 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, really guys should stop joining on mine and use someone else Smile

Not that I mind at all, but I don't need more pupils for any achievements Smile

Thanks to those who did join on me and played past lvl10 though!
 Jump to: