22 coaches online • Server time: 02:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SvenS

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2014 - 08:45 Reply with quote Back to top

You are most welcome Very Happy

SL
SvenS

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2014 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is my favorite deck atm:

Akane caller of memories
4x Scholar
4x rakshasa skirmisher
1x wizard tutor
4x arcane sharpshooter
2x guardian golem
4x crimson apprentice
1x raya chosen of the waves
3x void-tainted djinn (dont have 4)
4x rakshasa scout
2x dervish master (dont have more)
1x Nur spellweaver
1x Zefira chosen of the winds
1x focused mind
4x geyser
2x sandstorm (dont have 3 which I’d like for lockdown)
2x chainlightning (better now since everyone places thier creatures to avoid geysers/ice meteors)
3x lightning bolt
1x Icy weapon (for scouts or dervish or killing blow)
1x homebound winds (mainly removal vs stacks)
3x Ice meteors
1x revised tactics
2x favorite spell

Events:
1x week of knowledge
2x cosmic balance (hate OTK :p )
4x a tear in the veil (magic resist is annoying)
1x week of the weaponsmiths

Basicly you use rakshasas as early stalling against melee and spells when opportunity arises.
Then when you have some board presence play sandstorm to prevent melee attacks from opponent while you ping away with your creatures. Use spells mainly against ranged threats. Dervish work well against them too.
Recycle sandstorm...

SL
licker

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2014 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/817263-quot-DoC-Replay-Manager-quot-yet-another-tool-try-it-!

If you're not using the Replay Manager yet, please start! Helps you keep track of stuff (at least if you're stupid about stats like I am) and lets you pull out deck lists really fast too.

http://mmdoc.seekrit.info/

A new site which will let you share decks and replays and hopefully other stuff. Use this one while MMDOCKING.com is getting their stuff together.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/909351-STD-Akane-6-5-1-%28Swift-Control-Deck%29

A thread on Akane builds. I post it since Sven is playing Akane and that thread has some interesting discussion (if you ignore my tiff with jkk).

Sven's deck is pretty close to what's being discussed so I'll just comment on Sandstorm. It sucks Smile

That's my opinion anyway, the lock down recursion doesn't really work that well, shooters are still immune, and you are spending a lot of resources to get it going, during that time your opponent is still probably able to kill your board with his own spells/fortunes/shooters and all you're doing is stalling.

Geyser or IM recursion is much better if you need it. Just kill whatever they play and it can't attack you either Smile

And, as I said in that thread, I don't see why you play more than 2 of any spell, because if you play 4 Favorite Spell you can usually have one available to pull out whatever it is you need. I also don't like revised tactics in Svens build because what cards are you actually going to throw away? If you played circle of nines I could see it.

So my tweaks... take out sand storms, reduce other spells to x2, use 4 Favorite Spell, add in Wrath of Father Sky (if you have it).

anyway, here's the Akane I used to go 6-0 on my daily (won one in 3, annoying bugger couldn't wait one more turn to surrender???)

Hero (6/5/2)
1x Akane, Caller of Memories

Events (Cool
4x Day of the Sanctuary (KEY KEY KEY, you must protect your Dervish Master/Scout when they come down)
2x A Tear in the Veil (to push spells as needed)
2x Cosmic Balance (OTK counter)

Creatures (30)
3x Scholar (1 drop, magic pump)
1x Rakshasa Skirmisher (only 1? I guess, just fodder to stall with)
1x Gargoyle (still only 1, just cheap magic lane chump blocker)
3x Wizard Tutor (magic pumper, meat shield)
4x Arcane Sharpshooter (standard 2/0/4 ranged 2 drop)
4x Rakshasa (Could dump 1 and add another skirmisher, these guys are just meatier stall bots)
2x Wizard Disciple (on the fence, but phased and focused blast means they sometimes draw more attention from the opponent than they deserve)
3x Crimson Apprentice (of course, because of Rak synergy)
4x Rakshasa Scout (probably use 3, if I had 3 DMs)
2x Dervish Master (along with Scouts your typical way to victory)
1x Nur, Spellweaver (Academy Unique, little reason not to include even she nearly always dies as soon as she sees the board Smile )
1x Loyal Rakshasa (a bit contentious in the build, but the original deck design uses it for late game/locked board clearer, really not necessary, but meh, there's room so...)
1x Zefiria, Chosen of the Winds (if you play air magic you play Zefiria, nuf said)

Spells (16)
1x Focused Mind (counter to a lot of annoying meta nonsense)
2x Ice Spikes (people tend to poop on this spell, but it has occasional great uses)
2x Geyser (best spell in water, maybe the whole game)
2x Ice Armour (to lock down your swift creatures so you don't have to Day of Sanc them all the time)
2x Chain Lightning (place against geyser? ok, how about I play this Very Happy)
2x Lightning Bolt (sometimes you just need to kill one big thing)
2x Icy Weapon (if you can, stack it on a swift creature before you ice armor them, else, just use it when you need 3 more damage from someone, it will usually draw immediate removal on someone you don't care about anyway)
1x Father Sky's Wrath (fliers? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA)
2x Ice Meteor (later game when a geyser just won't do it)

Fortunes (4)
4x Favorite Spell (KEY KEY KEY card for me, run fewer spells, but always be able to pull exactly the one you need, until you can just use your ability anyway)

Otherwise plays like sven said. Stall out early times, eventually you drop a scout and DoS them, hopefully you have Ice Armor for them next turn (better on a DM, but the Scout comes faster and creates more pressure for the opponent). Even without Ice Armor or DoS that creature becomes a magnet for removal, and you have multiples. Rarely would you play more than one a time, never more than 2, because then there's no room for them to run around with swift. Even if the opponent is soul reavering them, or whatever, you're still keeping the board, and you're returning damage with your better spell arsenal.

Just keep on using the swiftboats to kill off any of his threats, punch in damage with your shooters on the back row here and there, otherwise, just keep on killing everything they play until you can stick an icy weapon on someone and start murdering everything. DMs are better at this since they can usually kill a creature and push damage, but they get targeted even harder than the scouts. So, be very careful with them. Don't just throw them out there if you can't DoS them or get Icy Armor on them.
licker

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2014 - 02:37 Reply with quote Back to top

http://mmdoc.seekrit.info/deck/212-seria-2-6-3-token.en.html

Made my new Token deck over at that site. Looks like a nice way to show decks with all cards in English Smile
SvenS

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2014 - 08:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed Very Happy
Deck looks pretty similar to mine too hehe

Here is my akane then:
http://mmdoc.seekrit.info/deck/219-akane-4-5-2.en.html

Added an ice armour from your suggestion seems nice Smile

SL
SvenS

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2014 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

My Hakeem titan deck:
http://mmdoc.seekrit.info/deck/233-hakeem-5-6-3.en.html

SL
licker

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2014 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I've never tried a construct deck myself, but when I've faced them they've been pretty tricky to beat.
Badoek

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2014 - 08:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Finally finished the first campaign with all factions, now I need some quick games before moving on to the next.

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2014 - 10:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I finally got myself to playing a quick game, too, because I couldn't continue in the campaign otherwise - and my opponent conceded on the second or third turn. Still didn't count as "played" game though. Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2014 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the limit for that is round 4 so you were unlucky Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2014 - 11:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Whats your other nick btw badoek?

SL
Rabe

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2014 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Badoek wrote:
I think the limit for that is round 4 so you were unlucky Smile

Haha, sorry - had a typo in my post. If DID count! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2014 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Badoek is Badoek Smile

Yeah, that whole win on turn 3 thing is a bit annoying, but it doesn't seem the devs have much interest in changing it. It comes up on the official forums frequently.

I had a rough run last night in the jackpot, freaking couldn't get any kind of reasonable draws through about 10 matches. Started out 3-0, then when 4-6, and finally went 5-5 or so, but should make it to 3rd tier I hope :p
Badoek

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2014 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

No, it's Brasspigeon

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2014 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, you're in 2x then Smile
 Jump to: