15 coaches online • Server time: 07:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Badoek

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2014 - 08:42 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
Oh, you're in 2x then Smile

Yeah (you getting old? Wink) First time I used the wrong link so I didn't have all the starter decks.
So ignore Badoek, use Brasspigeon instead, I've sent out a few friend request, anyone else feel free to add me.

@Licker: perhaps change the join url in the OP to someone else's if you don't need the recruits. SvenS' for instance. I'll try to get my recruits elsewhere if I keep playing.
licker

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2014 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

can do, post your link here and I'll add them to the post
Randy_Moss

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2014 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I modeled a Haven deck after Licker's. It quickly became my winningest deck. But it plays a little vanilla. I'd like to build a more interesting deck. I'm curious about whether you can run a successful academy milling deck? I like alternative play styles.

Anyhoo - here's my Haven:

(1) Hero
Morgan

(Cool Event
3x Rise of Nethermancer
3x Fiery Sunrise
2x Cosmic Balance

(39) Creatures
4x Tithe Collecter
3x Wolf Trainer
1x Bard
4x Elite Squire
4x Crusader Watchman
3x Griffin Crossbow (I'd run 4 if I had them)
4x Griffin Knight
2x Griffin Battle Priest
1x Crusader Chaplain (not crazy about this guy)
2x Crusader Vanguard
2x Devout Priest
1x Crusader Treasurer
2x Praetorian Captain
1x Wolf Justicar
1x Crusader Commander
1x Crusader Sargeant
1x Angel Commander
1x Anael
1x Shi No Shi

(10) Spell
2x Geyser (I'd play 4 if I had them)
1x Lay of Hands
1x Ice Armour (meh)
2x Icy Weapon
2x Word of Light
2x Blinding Light (I'd play 4 if I had them)

(0) Fortune

(4) Building
4x Barracks

Basically, I stall with flyer/combat/ranged guards until my stacks and/or uniques can attack. Then I thrown on an icy weapon and fiery sunrise and deal damage.

I'd run Alia as the hero if I had her. I like the synergy of Wolf Justicar/Mass Rage/Offensive Stance as a possible strategy. I'd also run Imperial Sentinels and that angel thingy with the nice boobs if I had them.

Love to get your thoughts!

Thanks,
RM
licker

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2014 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks pretty good RM, I have no experience with Morgan so I can only comment generally. As you note, some cards you lack you'd put in, but is it worth going to magic 4? I think a lot of Morgan decks are 4/4/1 or even 4/5/1 if you go for Ice Meteors.

Some though are 4/3/1 which just go for Geyser and Blinding Light (and maybe a couple cheap spells) and run 4x rax and a lot of humans of different pedigrees to pump.

One interesting card for stacks is Ice Shell, you can stick it on a stack you're trying to build and not have to worry about it getting whittled down, or use a partial stack to put on damage with out losing anything to the retaliation.

I use it in my Seria deck and it has proven to be quite useful when trying to preserve a stack, or even just to keep a lane from getting opened. It's also saved me once vs. a Masfar OTK when he couldn't remove my creature infront of his guy he was going to kill me with, though, that was his own stupidity in not setting up his kill properly Smile
SvenS

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2014 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Won my 1st open swiss! Very Happy
Modified Akane for open:
http://www.mmdoctools.com/deck/357-akane-4-5-2-1st-op-swiss-nr-1.en.html

SL
licker

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2014 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

grats man

i've not tried any open tournaments, but maybe I should
Badoek

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2014 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice one!

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2014 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations! Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2014 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Sven is really jumping up the rankings Smile

I was tempted to keep playing jackpot until I passed his score, but I was pretty tired and 5-0 felt like enough work for one night Wink

We still need to figure out when to do a fumbbl swiss! I think that would be a lot of fun.
SvenS

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2014 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Well after 2 weeks being ill, I doubt I'll find as much to play anytime soon! Esp. with FUMBBL leagues starting up again Very Happy

SL
TenaciousPiggy

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2014 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's my Kat 6/2/4 aggro fortune deck that took me to Champion 1, give or take a few tweaks along the way:

http://www.mmdoctools.com/deck/423-kat-6-2-4.en.html

And here's the Myranda 6/5/2 Beastman/Wizard deck that I've been playing around with the last day or two:

http://www.mmdoctools.com/deck/424-myranda-6-5-2.en.html

I'm still looking for a few more barracks (I have 2), so I can make a decent Haven deck.
licker

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 04:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice.

It's weird to see Kat without Insect Swarm though, and Bloodsnake Shamen.

But you got to where you got, and probably are missing cards you'd otherwise use.

No comment on Myranda, not a hero I actually own, or maybe I do, but I've never tried to play her Smile Still Beastman/Wizard decks are pretty fun.
SvenS

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 07:12 Reply with quote Back to top

TenaciousPiggy wrote:
Here's my Kat 6/2/4 aggro fortune deck that took me to Champion 1, give or take a few tweaks along the way:

http://www.mmdoctools.com/deck/423-kat-6-2-4.en.html

And here's the Myranda 6/5/2 Beastman/Wizard deck that I've been playing around with the last day or two:

http://www.mmdoctools.com/deck/424-myranda-6-5-2.en.html

I'm still looking for a few more barracks (I have 2), so I can make a decent Haven deck.

Nice!
The first one would be better if you can get hold of Acamas as a hero. it will be better with the shaman when you get some too as licker said. If you stickwith Kat (who is very good) add some insect swarms.

The 2nd one will benefit from more rakshasa scouts (the best rakshasa IMO.
Is all 4 favorite spells working well?
I havent tried more then 2.
I use Nahla with my beastmen, dont have myranda.

Best of luck Smile

SL
TenaciousPiggy

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2014 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd put in 4 Bloodsnake Shamans and 4 Bloodshark Warriors if I had any. I do have Acamas, so maybe I'll try out a version with him. I'm mostly just concerned that it will make it tougher to use all those War Tents, and I only have 1 Might of the Tribe. Would it be worth switching out a few creatures for some Stormrage Warriors? I noticed that some of the good Acamas decks tend to use them.

I only have 3 Rakshasa Scouts, but I would put in 4 if I had that many. I like the 4x Favorite Spell, at least for now. Really helps you pull the spell you need when you need it.
licker

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2014 - 05:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Stormrage Warriors are the best 2 drop SH has, so yes, put in 4 immediately Smile

Acamas usually doesn't play any spells, so you can use surprise attack with some pumped guys. Might of the Tribe is great, but not necessary.

edit: I mean Stromrage Hunters :p

Warriors are great in Acamas with the orc who increases enrage counters though.
 Jump to: