38 coaches online • Server time: 10:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Smeat

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2014 - 09:43 Reply with quote Back to top

So a standard development route for Norse is to spam Mighty Blow on most of the positionals (if not others), with Piling On added on to your two 'zerks (and maybe others, ymmv), smile, and make the other guy suffer more than AV 7 does. And a DP or two doesn't hurt either.

But in Ranked, that's also a recipe for getting (far!) fewer games.

Any thoughts on a viable alternative, or is Norse just stuck between a CRP and a hard place?

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
vaclav

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2014 - 09:58 Reply with quote Back to top

mb, po and dp all the way, than join smacks
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2014 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Well since the only pick-up games you'll ever get in Ranked with low TV Norse if your CR is half way decent are Orcs and Dwarves (been there, done that), yes, you will have to play tourneys. Wink
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2014 - 10:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Not true. You can get lizards, too!

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2014 - 10:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont agree. I made one killer early on (blitzer with mb, pile on, tackle) then some guard, one or 2 Mbs later on. I got a blend of different games, not just av9 ones.

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2014 - 10:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Fend, dauntless on linemen
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2014 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

naaa not true. I recently played with norse and getting games was easy. Although I dont take PO on anyone, but the team was still pretty bashy.

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2014 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

+1

A lot of people think "oh, AV7, it's gonna be easy", even when it's a rookie team (and rookie Norses may be the best team around at low TV / no extra skill stage).

As for the development, Blitzers are not your priority IMHO. Ulfs and one Runner come first. Ulfs desperately need Block (and as your average surf machine, they're even harder to skill), and a Runner with Dodge and Sure Hands (SS later) is a great asset.

Berserkers come next. I generally take MB first to make them skill faster, but Norses need as many Guards as they can get, so one of the go PO next, the other one Guard.

In case of a double on a lino, you can't go wrong with Dodge or Guard, but keep in mind no S access player in your team can take Grab, so should you feel the need to have one grabber, don't pass the opportunity, even if it sounds lame.

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2014 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

You need to try and get guards for the team imo the problem with lack of guards cripple norse. Get some DP, kicker for sure. But double on linos should be guard. Maybe one pomb blitzers mb, po, tackle, SF then guard and the other go guard first? Same with ulwenweerer(?) imo needs block then maybe guard, big guy need mb before guard so you have something nasty for av9. May work for awhile but lack of guard will hurt eventually. Some suggest geting rid of linos that dont roll doubles (after you got the DP's etc) and maybe some tacklet lino before blitzers are developed so you can get blodgers down for the foul.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2014 - 13:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Well maybe I needed to be more patient and not take the first match offered to one of my elfish teams instead of the Norse. Razz
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2014 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

well, the first thing you could do is stop playing Ranked

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2014 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
well, the first thing you could do is stop playing Ranked

Boom!

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2014 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Ha! I've done that before but I wanted to build some Norse for Forlorn Races Qualifier.
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Kam wrote:
A lot of people think "oh, AV7, it's gonna be easy"

Or maybe: AV7 bashers - it's gonna be fun!

Underworld and Norse are cool, they dish out the pain but they also take it, bring all the damage skills you like!

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
 Jump to: