41 coaches online • Server time: 10:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 07:14 Reply with quote Back to top

>_>

<_<

Psst.

Let me you in on the best kept secret in the history of ever. The Fumbbl secret leagues.

https://fumbbl.com/help:SecretLeague

Wait, you already knew? Everybody already knew?

Well, anyway, of these teams, the Demons, the secret weapons, the Skavens clans, the Vampire families, the powerful Nippon teams or the horrific Snotling roster, which do you think you would play the most and why?

For me, I really like the looks of the Necrarch Team. Vampires without bloodlust? Four Wrights to make up for the lack of strength 4? A team with a good starting lineup but with potential too still be better with their great skill access? Sign me up.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 07:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Strigoi team nearly won my league once, came within 1 game. They've totally fallen apart now, and went down, and look like they may go down again.

Remember we don't know how these rosters will be utilised. It is very unlikely that Christer will just add rosters to league (AoW were a one off, for a special and rare reason). Most likely is that Christer will either go full hog and totally custom rosters. In which case League Comish can you SL as a resource, rather than set rosters; ideas, icons, portraits, players or use them as set rosters as they are portrayed.

If it all happens, then the limit to league will be the limit of your imagination and your resourcefulness. SL has stayed within the remit of the warhammer world (the planet BB is played on).

However this is just a toe in the ocean, especially if the client becomes scaleable and you can upload icons. A double or treble sized pitch, then you can start using gameboy sprites (I'm already using one piece icons on the old large client). You can then have star wars, lord of the rings, dragonball, one piece or what ever leagues very easily.

Back on topic; Clan Pestilens, but they'll have better icons Smile
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 08:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I've moved this to House Rules. Secret League and other customisation is exciting, but we don't want a single person getting confused that Apes of Wrath or any of these rosters are going to be added to official divisions, or that this is some FUMBBL rules rewrite. Someone already, incorrectly, compared Ape use to Cyanide's introduction of house ruled rosters on TFF. Whilst TFF is notoriously poor as a resource; one confused person is one too many.

Carry on.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 08:31 Reply with quote Back to top

The even more important and exciting question...which Stunty Leeg! team ideas float your boat?

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 08:50 Reply with quote Back to top

treemen, nechrarch, slaanesh
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 09:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Daemons of Slaanesh
Clan Moulder
Witch Elf

Daemons of Slaanesh are probably OP but I just love the theme and well, what's not to like about OP really? Wink The other two are just a bunch of Frenzy madness, but I like that and, again, the fluff. Especially the Clan Moulder design is awesome, the slaves will rock with two heads but AV6 keeps them to a short life-span, though if you roll some stats on them and protect them well, they have the potential to greatness. Plus, CPOMBing ROgres ftw! Cool

Last edited by Verminardo on %b %23, %2014 - %09:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Isn't this the 3rd similar topic on SL? New similar topics on the same subject will start to annoy people (aka the responses already). Possibly this should be combined with the most recent similar one.

Verminardo's response is interesting to me. Clan Moulder and Witch Elves were designed on the Vamps/Lizardman template. E.g. only 2 types of players, but each adds variety to the roster.

Witch Elves, Garion was worried about pricing. Personally I think there should be the 2 options. 1 expensive (av8) and one cheaper (av7).

Clan Moulder, it was my wish to keep it simple and I really hate animals in bloodbowl (in this case being the mutated rats that are in fantasy). However I've been having second thoughts on this roster and may ask Garion if we should look into it. Again maybe a couple of roster options.

Your thoughts on this would be appreciated, as you seem to like the simple rosters.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 09:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, I edited my post for some elaboration while you posted.

On the topic of variety, I think Elf teams have a lot of options for development so they don't necessarily need variety. The Witches are a bit silly really, as a roster, but that's what I like about them. It's the challenge of still playing Elves as an Elf player, but in a roster that is less reliable and more challenging than the traditional ones.

As for Clan Moulder, they are really like Ogres, only way cooler because they are so fast. The Slaves with their M access are like UW Goblins, which I love, and ROgres with their tails and frenzy are also way more fun than normal Ogres. I think stunty teams do fine with these limited roster options, Flings are another example. Especially with as many rosters as the Secret League there is nothing wrong with having some simple rosters.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Dryads, Kislev, Tzeentch, Treemen, Elementals.

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I must say, just spotted the Numas roster and I like it! The other Khemrian rosters look a little light on.

On topic? Maybe Nurgle Daemons... But many of them look great.

Last edited by DrPoods on %b %23, %2014 - %11:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

DrPoods wrote:
I must say, just spotted the Numas roster and I like it! The other Khemrian rosters look a little light on.

The other rosters haven't been finished, they arent even close yet really. Numas is the only alternate Khemri roster that is complete so far. Although Lybaras is close to completion, just not 100% sold on the bone giant and Sepulchral Stalkers yet.

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 11:02 Reply with quote Back to top

BEASTMEN
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 11:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
DrPoods wrote:

The other rosters haven't been finished, they arent even close yet really. Numas is the only alternate Khemri roster that is complete so far. Although Lybaras is close to completion, just not 100% sold on the bone giant and Sepulchral Stalkers yet.

I completely understand. I know you are the master but I think maybe ST4 for the Stalkers and MA3 for the Bone Giant. Just because they seem to really lack ST and if the Giant has to roll to get up it would be a nightmare.

Having said that, I understand the rationale.

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 11:23 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:

Witch Elves, Garion was worried about pricing. Personally I think there should be the 2 options. 1 expensive (av8) and one cheaper (av7).

The odd thing about the witch elf roster is that you cant really build in many different ways due to pricing.
Lino costs 60k, and 60k mod 50k = 10k
Witch costs 110k, and 110k mod 50k = 10k
Rerolls are 50k, which does not change the equation.
Apothecary is 50k, which does not change the equation.
So the only real question is how many players you buy.

Well it is the same issue with lizards, that 1 build is dominant, so it is not without precedent, but at least lizards have a kroxi, and their costs are more diverse, including the reroll cost.

Back to topic: I am most interested in the new dorfs and sea elves. (Dorfs are OP in my opinion.)

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2014 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:

I wasn't worried about the pricing, that roster was really straight forward. Witch Elves stay the same, linemen are the same as pro elves. The only thing I wasn't 100% on was whether to limit witch elves to 6 or 8, but we decided that taking 8 would probably be detrimental anyway, so might as well let people play the all out crazy frenzy way if they wish Razz