9 coaches online • Server time: 05:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
albinv

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2014 - 11:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I would assume that a poll would probably be won by +ma.

Personally, however, i would choose +AV. A skaven team without blitzers normally is in a bad situation. Only 2 blitzers to help the 4 gutters on the team the rest is cannonfodder.

So personally i would prefer protection over ma+, ma7 is speedy enough in the end.

But it would come down to personal style of play/ roster ofc.

Cant really mess it i feel, ma+ is also great and even to skip is plausible. Some dont even care for both stat ups - at leats so early on- as getting the vermins up to be hard hitters quickly, is what its all about in the end.
albinv

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2014 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

AV+ is the most "passive" - its passive overall, so in the blocking/ blitzing (only that you might risk to leave that av9 vermin vulnerable a bit more often, which might help you getting a bit more blocks - but its more an advantage with positioning. But as said, mostly passive).

ma+ or MB are both active skills which will actively help you with the blocking/ blitzing also. MB is self explanatory. MA+ can, aside positioning, also help to get more blitzes and to retreat and protect the vermin a bit better.
SoldierofBodom95

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2014 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for all your feedback guys. I have had a think about it and I need some more hitting power for breaking holes for the GR's to go through. Because of their speed +MA would still mean him being left behind so I've gone for mighty blow for a bit more hitting power. Thanks all! Smile
albinv

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2014 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Solid choice!

Kind of cool seeing a relative new player skipping an early stat up. Cool

(took me some time to settle and feel comfortable with the fact, it's better a lot of the time)

Now let those casualties come rolling in!
SoldierofBodom95

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2014 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

He got two CAS in his first game with MB whilst the rest of the team got wiped off the pitch but the other blitzer did get his first skill and I went with guard I believe so he can lend a hand too! Unfortunately, my team is reeling from injuries atm! xD
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2014 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Mighty Blow was the right choice.
albinv

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2014 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

hehe two cas are nice - so nuffle also agreed on the choice!

Guard is a good choice also. Two developed blitzies can help you keeping the injuries at least a bit leveled on a skaven team. They are much like your teeth, whilst the gutters are your fangs. So remember you need both but you only have two teeth but 4 of your fangs.
Dont overdo it on the bash though...try to hit then position yourself so that hopefully only few opposing players can get in contact with the teams main body (vermins=doing real damage, gutters=scoring/ advancing and lending those crucial assists with their maneuverability!). If the following defense drive/blocking round went ok for you, you can consider a next attack of this pattern if it lets you end in a halfway safe situation again.
A direct bashing melee has to be avoided if possible, though those two vermins can be real hard hitters, skaven lack the assisting players for a real melee.

To give a rough picture only on their bashing style of play and advancing on a pitch.

Most important probably is to learn when to dodge out a lino because he is likely to get hit anyway and when better not. This also is true for standing linos up or when to better leave them prone!
You really have to overcome any feeling of it being coward or something, with skaven it is crucial to maintain some balance in mancount via tactics of player protection of this kind.

Just had the time to leave some rough hints. If you already knew them, i hope you dont mind still.
 Jump to: