17 coaches online • Server time: 05:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SoldierofBodom95

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2014 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello guys. My current [R] Skaven team ( https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=777483 ) are currently suffering from a variety of injuries and I'm not quite sure what to do. A GR is niggled along with a lineman whilst a blitzer and another lino are -MA. With the Blitzer I'm not sure whether to just retire him and start with a new one and same for the GR. I did try investing in a thrower rather than doubling up a GR as thrower but alas, he was squished. So, I would like so guidance if I haven't strayed too far from the path of common knowledge please Smile
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2014 - 12:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Always fire niggles except in special circumstances, so fire both and replace the gutter.

-ma lino is just fine, the blitzer you should look to replace when you got the money but keep him until then. If you find that you don't mind his -ma too much just keep him around until he gets more injuries.

Btw get the 4th gutter if you can before doing anything about the blitzer.

Block+sidestep is a great combo but consider som wrestle, stripball, tackle too.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
SoldierofBodom95

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2014 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinking about a fourth GR and third skilling them with Horns if possible for some extra hitting power as sweepers and deep blitzes. I reckon I can deal with the -MA for now as he's more of a glorified linerat whilst Warpthrax assists the GR. Will set about firing and retiring.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2014 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess you've already done some trimming?

I don't know what was there before, but currently things don't look too terrible. However, always be wary of death by a thousand cuts. By that, I mean that a couple of -MA players does not seem like a huge deal now, but when you think about it, you're already giving away 60 TV by keeping them on the team. And then what if you get another injury on a player you'd really like to keep, a +stat GR perhaps? Agility teams can all too often slip into a difficult position with a whole lot of injuries that make the team a whole lot worse than they should be.

In this case, I'd keep the -MA Lino and not shed a tear when it gets killed on the LOS. I'd seriously consider replacing that SV now (even playing a game with only one if needs be), if I were you. I am somewhat zero tolerance on almost all injuries. Unless you must win the next game, keep your team healthy to assure more wins in the medium - long term.

Good luck!
SoldierofBodom95

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2014 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I trimmed out the niggles, that's why there's a lack of funds. Unless the Blitzer get's a skill before I can afford to replace him then chances are he may retire pretty soon
 Jump to: