35 coaches online • Server time: 16:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Good idea?
Yes, that would make everything cooler
12%
 12%  [ 6 ]
No, you're overlooking something, and I'll explain in-thread
43%
 43%  [ 21 ]
No, I'm only happy when I cause permanent injury to someone else's team, and this reduces the permanence of the virtual pain I can inflict
43%
 43%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 48

Village_Idiot

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2014 - 03:43 Reply with quote Back to top

That'd might be a cool inducement. Kinda like the Eshin Assassin ability in the card game?
koadah

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2014 - 03:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Village_Idiot wrote:

Accusations of pixelhugging as a reason to reject the idea are flat out illogical. We clearly all want to hang on to certain players.

Yes we do. But generally speaking I think that people here would prefer it if those players can be killed/maimed.

Village_Idiot wrote:

Reversing their argument, we should get rid of touchdowns, since it should be all about the amount of CAS you rack up. The game name has 2 components, and only the 'bowl' component allows you to win a match. Yet some claim it's the blood component that should rule uber alles.

"We should get rid of touchdowns"? Come on dude you can do better than that.

If you need some support go and call VoodooMike over to back you up. Wink

Your idea is fine as a house rule in a closed league but gbut I don't really see why the rest of us should be interested.

Even with potions being 'rare' I have three unused ones plus a sponge. Unless you run into a lot of CPOMB ayou don't really need them.

Of course a 200k potion is much better than buying a player. Being able to heal a star player is much better than being able to buy a rookie or two or three.

If you make potions cost a cool mil then it will be mainly the worst CPOMBers, min/maxers and elfballers who can afford them.

It is really just a horrible idea.

So here we are. It's a CPOMB thread. Mr. Green

Nerf CPOMB and save some those regular lower skilled players. Honest, average Joes. Rather than hand out potions to be used only on super stars & legends.

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2014 - 04:32 Reply with quote Back to top

The Main point of the OP is to make potions more available because the most fun part of the game is the team building part. I agree the team building part is a huge part of this game, and the fun involved. I think by making team building easy though, it would take so much of the fun away. Yay! I just got a legend, oh everybody else has one or more of them too. My 80 game player isn't special? Oh, that's not fun.

Just my 2 cents.
MonkeyMan576

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2014 - 05:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I would be okay if potions were 1,000,000 and limited to once per the lifetime of a team.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2014 - 06:01 Reply with quote Back to top

NerdBird

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2014 - 06:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Awful idea. All of the great coaches would save their coin for Tourneys to save players during the tournaments. That apo roll on the OTS that comes back as killed or -ag....people would take the -ag to heal him after the match. Overall it is a bad idea and some coaches would abuse it. If you want your players to live forever....you are playing the wrong game man. Bash teams generally have loads of coin as is...

You would see a lot more picking since people would be trying to save money for their coffers.

*Did You Know that X-player has the most TD's at 500,000?*

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2014 - 07:08 Reply with quote Back to top

This thread is boring except what Kam said: CUSTOM FUMBBL MINIATURES !!!!!
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2014 - 07:09 Reply with quote Back to top

NerdBird wrote:
Awful idea. All of the great coaches would save their coin for Tourneys to save players during the tournaments. That apo roll on the OTS that comes back as killed or -ag....people would take the -ag to heal him after the match. Overall it is a bad idea and some coaches would abuse it. If you want your players to live forever....you are playing the wrong game man. Bash teams generally have loads of coin as is...

You would see a lot more picking since people would be trying to save money for their coffers.

*Did You Know that X-player has the most TD's at 500,000?*

Why are you playing ranked again?
pythrr

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2014 - 08:40 Reply with quote Back to top

this thread is as pointless as 'why can't the moon be made of cheese'.

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2014 - 08:56 Reply with quote Back to top

i'd rather see equipment and bionics purchasable
buuface

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2014 - 09:03 Reply with quote Back to top

much rather see the implementation of other card decks as inducements
fidius

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2014 - 09:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Wish this was a blog so I could rate it. I feel so powerless.
Grod

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2014 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

In game, potions cause LESS pixel hugging. Why? Becayse if I know I can resurrect any player I care about afterwards I will use him more carelesslyp
. My point is about stakes and poker - surely team building is satisfying precisely because it is hard, Surely that in game decision to risk it all with your best player is exciting largely BECAUSE he might suffer? It spoils the thrill surely if you can just reset anything bad at the end if the game?

Village_Idiot wrote:
Apologies, failed to notice this response.

Grod wrote:

Luckily I dont pixel hug so it helps me win, but my teams develop slowly. Its all part of what makes BLOOD bowl interesting. Poker is only interesting when you care about the stakes.

There seems to be a logical inconsistency there.

I think we agree that FUMBBL play is special, and I think we also agree that it's special in no small part because teams can develop substantially. Kind of like the difference between just playing a wargame till the last hitpoint, vs campaign play.

Yet, you seem to look down upon this; wouldn't you agree that if everyone shared your "BLOOD bowl" philosophy, FUMBBL would be less special?

Conversely, since potions cause even more pixel hugging, wouldn't that further your mode of play?

I generally hold that coaches who primarily play to CAS out their opponents should be playing a war game.

Oscar Wilde
Azure

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2014 - 09:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Village,

The disconnect here is that you may not have seen how some people cherrypick so hard in ranked that they pile up tons of gold.

Here is perhaps a better example of what we would like to avoid.

This is another DE team - but the treasury is 1.49 million....so 7-10 potions?

Look at how pimped out the team is already - then use potions to heal the wounded stat freaks (and the ones retired) and the team is just all kinds of silly.

You are coming from the perspective that it is hard to build up gold. Frankly this is a GOOD thing. It means you are not cherrypicking like crazy to build up wads of cash. Unfortunately - not everyone is like that.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2014 - 10:03
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Azure wrote:
Village,

The disconnect here is that you may not have seen how some people cherrypick so hard in ranked that they pile up tons of gold.

Here is perhaps a better example of what we would like to avoid.

This is another DE team - but the treasury is 1.49 million....so 7-10 potions?

Look at how pimped out the team is already - then use potions to heal the wounded stat freaks (and the ones retired) and the team is just all kinds of silly.

You are coming from the perspective that it is hard to build up gold. Frankly this is a GOOD thing. It means you are not cherrypicking like crazy to build up wads of cash. Unfortunately - not everyone is like that.

Plus Regen teams don't have to try to build up gold, it just gathers around them of it's own accord.
 Jump to: