28 coaches online • Server time: 08:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2014 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Qaz wrote:
Well OenarLod might be the most sucessfull human "major" coach or maybe it's Hank or Strider84 I don't know who made it the furthest.

Ok guys time for a pep talk here.

Until a coach wins a major with a human team we are all bad major coaches. Talking about who has gone the farthest is just trying to rank who is not as putrid.

"We" need someone to make a huge run and win a freaking major. Iam tired of sitting around comparing our win/loss records in majors, I went out in the qt finals instead of the sweet 16 and so forth.

BTW since I know you are wondering the Buccaneers went to the final 16 of the FC 4 years ago and went out in the main draw in the LC 5 years ago.

SO

Lets get our teams pimped out and someone for the love of Sigmar make a huge run and win the freaking FUMBBL Cup so we can all stop talking about winning a major for Humanity.

Very Happy Shocked Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2014 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

For me the most successful human team was 1893 Bessenbruk going to the final 8 of the FC before getting diced out the tournament in FC X.

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2014 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Now to this discussion of Ogres on high TV teams in majors. That is a matter of preference IMO.

I think the real question is how much MB/PO should a human team have?

IS 2 enough or go to the extreme and take MB/PO on all 4 blitzers and on the Ogre?

Most Human teams have one stat freak blitzer. So do all the other blitzers just go the standard path of MB, G , T, PO and a double or +Stat?

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2014 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
For me the most successful human team was 1893 Bessenbruk going to the final 8 of the FC before getting diced out the tournament in FC X.

Agreed, I consider neophyte the greatest Box human coach too.

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2014 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

SO

Lets get our teams pimped out and someone for the love of Sigmar make a huge run and win the freaking FUMBBL Cup so we can all stop talking about winning a major for Humanity.

Very Happy Shocked Smile

Pfft. Sounds like encouraging Ranked cherry picking.

This is the HLP! Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2014 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
PainState wrote:

SO

Very Happy Shocked Smile

This is the HLP! Twisted Evil

WHAT? HLP is part of the FUMBBL CUP!!!!

Pimp, min/max the box...I DO NOT CARE!!!!

Pimp out the rosters and storm the FUMBLL CUP!!!!!!

Now is the time to use all means at our disposal (regardless of divison) to do what ever it takes to reach the final 2!!!!!!

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2014 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

If that is what it takes...ALL HANDS ON DECK!!!!! CHERRY PICK LIKE FIENDS!!!!!!!!

**The reality of the day is this...It does not matter.**

If a human team wins the FC it is because the coach, coached his butt off and NUFFLE was very kind on the draw and the dice. (This is a universal truth of majors that applies to both ranked and box.)

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2014 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Do you guys think that it's a numbers game? If we pack enough humans into a tourney we can eek out a human win?

I think I'm about 5 skills away from having a team I really enjoy and feel is competitive or at least is bashy enough to wreck other people's chances. Lemme be your goon.
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2014 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Do you guys think that it's a numbers game? If we pack enough humans into a tourney we can eek out a human win?

That will not help out the cause of Humanity. It does not matter if there are 12 or 32 human teams in the field.

It is up to each coach to field the best possible team and coach his ass off and get some love from NUFFLE.

Now all that being said

It could not hurt the effort if 32 teams and not 12 show up.

Furthermore it would be nice to see some of the top notch ranked coaches show up with their Human teams instead of going with their safe pick teams.

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2014 - 06:35 Reply with quote Back to top

re ogre.
i will always start with one and hope he gets block. once a team is developed it comes down to the rule of 5 for me. if the ogre wont be one of the 5 i want to protect on defense, i would rather have 3 linemen.

this may well be different in ranked, as you can avoid the clpombers taking out 140k+ in one hit.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2014 - 07:57 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=3605748

Haha, don't mess human catchers in their debut.

That's a terminator badge i believe.
OenarLod

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2014 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Thrilling last day of the season!
After the last draw, Cathay King Cobras have just to play a couple games and winning one to win the HLP title. But the clock is ticking...
All the Sons of Brutus fans are out on the streets to make it difficult to reach any stadium. Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2014 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Another loss for the Cobras.

TV dropping to 1370 after facing Nurgle, Chaos, Chaos, Orc, Orc in the last 5 games, going 0-1-4.

Will the Cobras manage to complete the sprint?

Currently 10-1-4 needing a win to take 1st.

Stay tuned...

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
OenarLod

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2014 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
Will the Cobras manage to complete the sprint?

BTW, when the team changed name?

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2014 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

A while ago, Cobras competed in the inaugural test season of the HLP - they were know as the King Cobras back then, so I think koadah's script just kept the name.

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
 Jump to: