26 coaches online • Server time: 03:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2014 - 08:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Khorne Cultist: 0-4 6/3/3/8 Frenzy, Animosity GS/AP 60K

Nurgle Cultist: 0-4 6/3/3/8 Foul Appearance, Thick Skull, Animosity GM/SAP 60K

Tzeentch Cultist 0-4 6/3/3/8 Extra Arms, Animosity GP/SAM 60K

Slaanesh Cultist 0-4 6/3/3/8 Sure Feet, Animosity GA/SPM 60K

Khorne Cult Leader: 0-1 6/4/2/8 Frenzy, Dauntless, Jugggernaunt, Animosity GS/SP 120k

Nurgle Cult Leader: 0-1 5/3/2/9 Foul Appearance, Distrubing Presence, Thick Skull, Stand Firm, Tentacles, Regeneration, Animosity GM/SAP 120K

Tzeentch Cult Leader: 7/3/3/7 Hypontic Gaze, Extra Arms, Big Hands, Pass, Strong Arm, Animosity GP/SAM 120K

Slaanesh Cult Leader: 7/3/4/7 Very Long Legs, Sure Feet, Side Step, Shadowing, Animosity GA/SPM 120K

Apothicary: Yes

Rerolls: 70K

The time of blood bowl has been a good time for the Chaos gods. Many have been seduced by the pleasures players get, the plague has been spread, mutations have been given out, and the blood has flowed. Yet, with the rise of the specetical, there has been a diminish in cult membership. The slaves to darkness have abandoned their midnight meetings in secret halls for the open worship of the slaughter on the field. Cultists foolishly started to even serve alongside the demons they praise, hoping to get noticed in their god's eye before their teammates devour them.

The cult masters came together to turn the games to their advantage, attempting to attract the crowds to their religious meetings. They set forth, hoping to bring people to their gods, bring followers to gain favor of their dark masters, and obtain membership fees.

If only the cults could end their infighting.

Rational: I put Animosity on every player just to represent the inability of Chaos to really work together. Animosity treats each cult as their own "race," even though members of the cult are not strictly the same race (I imagine the Slaanesh cult leader would be an elf).

So, I decided to make an "elemental" like roster, in terms of having four linemen and four leaders with different skills, in this case to represent the four chaos gods. I also went a step further and gave each lineman different skill access.

Khorne was simple enough, frenzy was an obvious choice. I gave them strength access, but did NOT give them mutation access on doubles. Khorne from what I understand only rarely gives out mutations, and it normally is turning someone into a blood thirsty demon or something. I also didn't want ANOTHER clawpomb team. The cult leader I imagined is a Ulfwerener, since Khorne is popular among the Norse, so used the same statline, but gave him Juggernaut and dauntless, both to because he has been driven even more bloodthirsty and reckless.

Any Nurgle follower would be hidious, so I went with Foul Appearance. I also considered Disturbing presence for similar reasons (and because FA by itself isn't worth the price tag), but again I didn't want them to similar to Nurgle. Since mutations are described as pretty much body horror, I gave Nurgle followers mutation access. I went with thick skull, since Nurgle is all about durability. The cult leader followed the same idea, having higher armor and a bunch of defensive skills. I personally imagined this cult leader to be a dwarf, so gave it block and Chaos dwarf statline. Disturbing presence and tentacles because Nurgle followers are better known for "turning into meshy piles of flesh as time goes" over any other Chaos God.

Tzeentch demons are so often shown with multiple limbs, and technical skills are the highest among Tzeentch followers that Extra Arms basically picked itself. Passing access was the closest fit to this idea in terms of skills. The leader was tricky. No race in particular seemed to favor this god, so I imagined he is a skaven and gave him a throwers stats. Again took Extra Arms, with the added bonus of Big Hands and Sure hands for a really reliable player for ball retrival. Since Tzeentch is also connected deeply to magic, I gave the cult leader Hypnotic Gaze, the only truly "magical" skill in the game.

Slaanesh was the hardest to get right. Two Heads made the most sense, not because the players have two heads, but since Slaanesh demons are all very agile. Also is why they have agility access. The cult leader I imagined to be an elf, so gave her wood elf stats. Side Step and shadowing fit Slaanesh's agility basis and many stories of how his/her cult follows and tries to seduce people. Long legs are present on a lot of the demons, and would allow for some interesting Leap uses later on.

Last edited by notbobby125 on %b %24, %2014 - %01:%Aug; edited 7 times in total
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2014 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I like it.

I think tzeentch should only be MA6. Slaanesh should be MA7 and the champion perhaps MA8.

Tzeentch is the god of mutation so should definitely have M access on normals.

I see the reason for two heads on slaanesh but maybe starting dodge would be better fluff. Two heads is really a tzeentch thing.

Nurgle should start without block since he has so many skills.

In the same vein Tzeentch is over-defined, he should probably lose surehands and maybe pass too. Hypno Gaze is a bit of a no no on non-vampires but good fun. Smile

Would probably give slaanesh claw instead of sidestep, since its slaanesh' trademark mutation.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2014 - 10:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I'd go for disturbing presence on the nurgle. Also they shouldn't have the 'M' access. That should be given to the Tzeentch followers. However why would one follower have 'S' access and another not? I know you've done it for balance, however for continuity it's not right.

Also what is a 'Chaos Cultist' in your eyes? To me, these are humans hidden in human society. Hiding their secret worshipping whilst manipulating and coercing others.
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2014 - 10:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice idea but they look way overpowered.

If a human lineman is 50k with 6/3/3/8 and only G access, aren't the 4 lineman types a bit cheap at 60k with an extra skill and additional skill type access (as well as +MA for Tzeentch type)?
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2014 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
I think I'd go for disturbing presence on the nurgle. Also they shouldn't have the 'M' access. That should be given to the Tzeentch followers. However why would one follower have 'S' access and another not? I know you've done it for balance, however for continuity it's not right.

Also what is a 'Chaos Cultist' in your eyes? To me, these are humans hidden in human society. Hiding their secret worshipping whilst manipulating and coercing others.

I wanted the cultists to each have a different skill access that is closest to their god. It fits with the theme of chaos, with humans so similar to each other become very different as they gain favor with their god. Since they all need to have access to general skills, that leaves one skill set for each God.

So, Khorne followers have strength access and Slaanesh followers have agility access for obvious reasons. So neither Nurgle or Tzeentch followers could have access to agility and strenght skills.

That was my basic understanding of the cultists as well, but with Chaos demons now openly playing on the field, I would imagine the cults would try too adapt. Also, Chaos cultists appeared on Garrion's secret league (https://fumbbl.com/help:SecretLeague in the Demons of Khorne/Slaanesh teams). I know Tzeentch is tied strongly to mutating his followers, but that would mean giving passing access to the Nurgle followers. This would make absolutely no sense for Nurgle to be better at anything related with handling the ball over Slaanesh or Tzeentch. Also Tzeentch demons are the only ones that have any kind of range attack.

So, it made more sense to me to give mutation access to Nurgle than giving passing access to Nurgle.
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2014 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

m0gw41 wrote:
Nice idea but they look way overpowered.

If a human lineman is 50k with 6/3/3/8 and only G access, aren't the 4 lineman types a bit cheap at 60k with an extra skill and additional skill type access (as well as +MA for Tzeentch type)?

I don't think so, or at least I hope not.

Beastmen have human stats, an extra skill (horns, which in my opinion is second best mutation behind claw), and access to two other skill sets (strength AND mutation) while still costing 60K. Beastmen also do not have Animosity to deal with.

I didn't mean to give Tzeentch cultists extra movement over the others, I have fixed that now.
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2014 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Overhamsteren wrote:
I like it.

I think tzeentch should only be MA6. Slaanesh should be MA7 and the champion perhaps MA8.

I wanted all the cultists too have a human lineman's stat line (the 7 MA on Tzeentch followers was a mistake).

Even the cultists serving on Garion's Demons of Slaanesh roster still only have six movement, ( https://fumbbl.com/help:SlaaneshDt ). I may consider giving them Sure Feet instead.

Quote:
Tzeentch is the god of mutation so should definitely have M access on normals.

I know. I just wanted each cultist to have general and then the one that fits closest to their gods. Strength obviously needed to go to Khorne's followers and agility needed to be Slaanesh's. Which left me passing and mutations. While Mutations a little more sense on Tzeentch over Nurgle, passing access on Nurgle made absolutely no sense.

Tzeentch's demons are also know for being the only demons that have any kind of ranged attacks, so passing made some sense on his followers. So, mutations went to Nurgle, passing went to Tzeentch.

Quote:
I see the reason for two heads on slaanesh but maybe starting dodge would be better fluff. Two heads is really a tzeentch thing.

Again, considered it, but dodge would be just a too good of a starting skill on a 8 armor lineman. I am really thinking about changing that to Sure Feet.

Quote:
Nurgle should start without block since he has so many skills.

Agreed. I was trying to keep all the skills

Quote:
In the same vein Tzeentch is over-defined, he should probably lose surehands and maybe pass too. Hypno Gaze is a bit of a no no on non-vampires but good fun. Smile

I think I will drop Sure hands but not pass. I do not believe this player would be worth the price tag otherwise.

Garion included Hypontic Gaze on his Tzeentch team because it is the only skill that represents magic in this game, plus on a lot of non-vampire rosters.

https://fumbbl.com/help:TzeeN

Quote:
Would probably give slaanesh claw instead of sidestep, since its slaanesh' trademark mutation.

Again, I do not want a clawpomb team.
 Jump to: