46 coaches online • Server time: 11:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which Team?
Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy! (Chaos)
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
Ramtops United (Dwarf)
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
Mashie Niblick (Chaos Dwarf)
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Waah, waah, waah... I don't like those races and want to be a killjoy
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Pie
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12

DrPoods

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 09:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey all, Bullroarer4's thread got me thinking of my own desire to enter a team in the LC. Now I know the minimum TV is 1500 so there is some work to do but I want to get some thoughts on which team should be entered.

1. Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy! - These guys are my longest running team. And while we have a Block Mino and the CPOMB crew (in Abner and Mr Horse) to lead the line, the rest of the team is horribly underdone through death and retirement. I really don't know how competitive they can be. I guess they could possibly wreck a team or two but these three will inevitably be massive targets. The other issue is how many games the team will get in trying to rebuild the rest of the squad.

2. Ramtops United - Plenty solid, these guys are suffering from a lack of recent activity too. Anyway, on the plus side we have 6 guards and a +ST Slayer. We also have Giamo (MA8, AG4 Runner). But we only have 4 MB, no PO and we have a Slayer, Blitzer and Blocker in our 11 who are yet to skill. Also, I would need a bench. This would mean the team might (?) need quite a bit of work if they are to compete.

3. Mashie Niblick - Chaos Dwarfs. Nuff said? Got an ST4 Hobgoblin to do the main share of the carrying leaving the BCs free to Blitz and add weight to a screen/cage. 4 Guards is a little low and I need my other BC to get BT. Now, I know I need a DP (or 2) and some hitting power in the blockers. Having said that, they do tend to find games a bit more easily than the other two meaning they could get over the 1500TV barrier reasonable easily. Also, I can focus my efforts on the Bull Centaur as I don't desperately need highly skilled Hobbos. Finally, they have an awesome logo. That's gotta be worth something... right?

Anyway, please vote and post your thoughts why. After I reach a level of votes I am happy with I can take the team and focus on them in order to ready them for the tourney.

Cheers,
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2014 - 09:41 Reply with quote Back to top

2 Mb, no po, no claw is very little bash for cdorf. Also, 1 bull misses bt still. I wouldn't bring these.

Ramtops is a solid little dorfsquad. Could do with po on a mb guy, and with jugger on the ST4. Solid option.

Your chaos have a lot of potential. I'd try to train up add a wrackle beast for tactical blitzing (the warriors will handle the attrition. Also, block sure hands for the AG guy.

I think I'd pick the chaos on these.

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2014 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone else?

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2014 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

well...TBH, they all need a fair amount of work to get Major ready. Most of the major winners were pushing above the 2 million mark for TV. For This major, i would go with the dorfs. They have a good blocker base, a stat freak runner, and cash to expand. having said that, they probably need about ten more games, but not vs claws.

I would build with the following in mind:
1) need a second skilled runner to carry. nothing fancy. a little block/strip/tackle
2) need six blockers with guard/MB and three stand firm and three fend. these would be my line guys/depending on my opposition.
3) Need some MBPO...either both TS/Both Blitzers/or one of each. any good bash team needs a reliable way of removing one opponent's player via blitz each turn.
4) the positionals that dont POMB should have the utility strenth skills (grab, Juggs, guard, Stand firm.)
5) having a few extra blockers on the bench is helpful.

my 2$

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2014 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Sage advice mate. Yeah. They all look a bit underdone.

But, if I am not happy with them by the time the LC comes around, I will use this advice for the next major Very Happy

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2014 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

They're all a little underdeveloped right now, as Bullroarer mentioned. With that in mind, my vote is for Mashie Niblick. Time to bring that shiny new logo out of the closet and put it on the pitch in a major.
 Jump to: