24 coaches online • Server time: 05:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Al_Trapone

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2014 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello;

I am sure there must be a thread about this somewhere but I have not been able to find it

Is it posible to use fumbbl for playing games of local leagues?

I mean, playing with official races, but customizing the team adding skills, injuries, apho and all that.

Thnx for your answers
koadah

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2014 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

You could try BOTOCS.

I don't know if it still works on the latest java though.

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2014 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Koadah is suggesting BOTOCS, an old client, because no, you can't do this on FUMBBL (yet). Except that teams can buy apos already.

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2014 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, there are lots of threads on this. However you're forgiven as our forum search function is sub-optimal. Botocs doesn't work with the latest Java for me. Garion seems to be able to work Java and clients better than me though.

For ease of use, I much prefer the original client. Depends on how much crp you want/need though. All the out of game stuff can be added, which means for me the only good stuff missing is the new skills.
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2014 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

you could play test games. in that mode, you can add/remove skills and traits.

harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2014 - 03:10 Reply with quote Back to top

That's just a total pain though, and also it isn't something the client was designed to do.

You are much better off, using a standalone client and putting in the time and effort to get it set up (until fumbbl gets fully custom League).
Al_Trapone

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2014 - 12:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Thnx for your answers

Havestmouse, what do you mean with the original client?
The original botocs client?
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2014 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

There have been a few Blood Bowl clients. there is Skii Junkies Java bowl (google it and you will find it) this uses the Lrb4 version of the rules. Then there is a client called Botocs, which is LRB5, if you search on google for 'BBtactics Botocs' you should find it easy enough. However using both these clients now arent very easy to use as you may need older versions of java etc...

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2014 - 12:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Both options have drawbacks. Test games have to have skills, stats, injuries, etc, entered at the start of each game, nothing is remembered after the match. The old clients use old rulesets, are missing some of the new skills, and need you to find the right version of Java, as well as getting used to a different client which works slightly differently, has different bugs, etc.

The good news is that all this sort of thing is planned for the site in future. We just don't know how far in the future yet.

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2014 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Botocs isn't missing anything as far as I know.

The thing about crp, most of the good stuff is out of game. Where as most of the good stuff in lrb 4 is 'in game'. So you can use the old client to play a really good mix. Whats more it has a lot of options to tailor your experience further.

The draw backs are direct connecting and the java. However for this sort of thing stand alone clients are far superior to using the test function.

There aren't really any bugs on javabowl. Just different interpretations and online mismatches. I haven't had one game broken playing stand alone.

Botocs isn't quite as polished but still pretty polished.

I guess if you don't want to go the route of downloading an older java. You can give Grodbot a go. This is Falesh's client. Working with though isn't as easy and it isn't as polished.
Al_Trapone

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2014 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

So fummbl is working on getting fully customizable leagues?

Or just single games with customizable teams?

Does anybody know anything about this?
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2014 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer (the main man) is working on allowing fully customizable leagues on fumbbl but it is an HUGE task so we have no idea yet when this will be complete.

Last edited by Garion on %b %08, %2014 - %17:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2014 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Botocs isn't missing anything as far as I know.

I think animosity was missing.

Al_Trapone wrote:

I don't know but I doubt it.

I think OBBLM might be the thing if you can get it going. I believe that you can upload BOTOCS and Cyanide games or just key your table top results.

some examples
http://ecbbl.talkfantasyfootball.org/

http://www.sabbl.obblm.com/

http://www.everett-bbl.org/obblm/

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2014 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Al_Trapone wrote:

kodac wrote:
I don't know but I doubt it.

Sorry; don´t think I made myself clear
I am already playing a local league, with a lot of teams and we manage the league ourselves. Butsometimes one player has to go abroad, o anything and he can not play his games.
So what we need is just playing single games with our league teams (we need to customize them if playing online to be exactly as they are in the local league.

We all know fumbbl, so it would be great if we could do it here.

Is Christer working in this way?

In fact, I think that long ago this was possible. There was a time when 2 html files with the teams were downloaded, and the client took the data from the files in you hard drive
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2014 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer (as far as I know) is not currently working on this project, no. It is planned, however it could be many years away or not materialize at all.

Yes, this is the old client, which has already been mentioned. If you want to play online with custom rosters. Your best bet is the old client or botocs and direct connect. Or as mentioned I guess you could PBeM it.

I have experience with all these clients and I much prefer the lrb 4 one. It depends whetehr you can live without some skills and lrb 4 specific in game rules. If no, go botocs or PBem.

I really wouldn't recommend using FUMBBL and the test function. It's just too much work.
 Jump to: