56 coaches online • Server time: 19:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jamerson

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2014 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

This team:

https://www.fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=778749

This player rolled a +AG:

https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=10189451

Is it worth taking it? My blitzer also just rolled +AG so I have taken for him, intending him to be the main ball carrier. So do I need it on a Lineorc? Or should I stick with Block?

I am a fixer. And my services are valued.

pythrr

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2014 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, take it. You can develop him as a secondary ball handler (you have no throwers), and an ag 4 lineman around the scrum is always useful.

also, buy a troll

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2014 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't buy a troll.

But you made up the reasons to fight
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2014 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Buy half of a troll.

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2014 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you. I previously posted about having no luck with Orcs (Horrendous losing streak). I took the advice on board and have been working on my formations, order of moves etc. My last opponent is a good player (I played him before) but I managed to crowd him quite well and have good dice rolls, which meant by the end of the game he was down to 5 players and I had scored twice.

However, one piece of advice i was previously getting was to AVOID trolls Smile

Also, another of my blitzers has dodge. Would not he be the better choice as a secondary ballcarrier or can blodge blitzers be developed in a different way?

pythrr

buy a damn troll

they are excellent LOS fodder

Hahaha - just seen the other posts. See what I mean about the Troll Smile

My main worry is bumping my TV up too high with a Troll while I am still learning how best to play Orcs.

Jamerson

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2014 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
buy a damn troll

Expensive LOS fodder though? Obvious foul target and pretty dumb too Smile

ErobererZim

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2014 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

better rege Dudes getting fouls as your skilled positionals. A dead skilled BOB is hard cause its a LOONNGG Way to get them skilled.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2014 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Jamerson wrote:
pythrr wrote:
buy a damn troll

Expensive LOS fodder though? Obvious foul target and pretty dumb too Smile

i've said enough. obs. I know nothing about coaching orcs, so I'll shut up now.

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2014 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

ErobererZim wrote:
better rege Dudes getting fouls as your skilled positionals. A dead skilled BOB is hard cause its a LOONNGG Way to get them skilled.

4 BoBs + 4 blitzers = 8 players who don't go on the LoS. So to be fair you'd have to compare a troll with a lineorc. Still, having a S5 player with S access for only 60 k more isn't that bad.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2014 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

No agility for lineorc, and no troll. And I am not trolling.

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2014 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

1. Take the AG+
2. Make the lineorc into a ballcarrier with block and sure hands.
3. Don;t make the blitzer into a ballcarrier. Make him into a strategic sacker with tackle, strip and maybe leap on a double! (Although dodge might be better).
4. Buy a troll

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2014 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Never refuse Nuffle's gifts.

If you never take the +AG, then how can you get another +AG? I had an AG5 lineorc once, and he was awesome. Wrestle, sure hands, AG5... RIP Hothammer.

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2014 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Take the +Ag (edit: see that you did, good imo). He'll become your ballcarrier, and that will free up your +Ag blitzer to become a maneuverable sweeper/hitter with the (normal) skills he's supposed to take. (Same w/ your Blodge blitzer).

Block next (for survivability, and to be userful on D), Sure Hands next, w/ KOR as capstone, and he's good to go. And, yes, pray for doubles to Blodge.

Jamerson wrote:
Also, another of my blitzers has dodge. Would not he be the better choice as a secondary ballcarrier or can blodge blitzers be developed in a different way?

To make a Blitzer a ballcarrier means he's NOT taking Strength skills, and that makes for a weaker team. Orcs are all about Guard/MB/etc. - don't dilute that if you can avoid it.

Jamerson wrote:
However, one piece of advice i was previously getting was to AVOID trolls Smile

My main worry is bumping my TV up too high with a Troll while I am still learning how best to play Orcs.

I was going to say "rent to own", but...

This is a valid concern, but once you have the core skills on your BOB's (Block/Guard) and a skill or three on your Blitzers and some Linos, you're already swimming with the sharks, so a Guard Troll more than carries his weight.

And, with the money you have, you could hire one, see if you like him, and just let him go if you don't. Not like Orcs are usually tight on cash.

(With a blodger and a couple +Ag, a Goblin as a "backup ballcarrier" gets less attractive. But you could still get one (only), use him as a back-up player (13th?) when 2 are out of the game (or the LoS is just just too clawful for more valuable players), and skill him up - if he doesn't double or +Stat by 16, retire and try again.

And he's always there as the TTM threat, which is better as a threat than a tactic - but makes some oppo's worry, and that alone is a good thing.)

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
 Jump to: