62 coaches online • Server time: 20:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wuhan

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2004 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I dunno why but many coaches tell me this.
Usually when I'm fouling out their whole team.

Who needs Spps for fouling?

-I will foul you just for fun.
quota

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2004 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe people are you trying to be helpful? ;D

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2004 - 14:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Wuhan, we know you just foul because you can, but when you foul as much as you. They just cant believe you know that you dont get SPP.

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2004 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Tell me Wuhan, were you one of these children that pulled the wings of insects as a child 'Just for fun'
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2004 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

You must have missed the whole point of fumbbl?? It's not to win or have fun. It's all about building a fantastic team to... have.

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2004 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Well in 2nd ed. You did get spps for fouling. Only caught 1/6 all the time with no eye. Death was a on a 12 and you have modifiers that added to the injuries. MB/RSC/DP were cumulative etc.

Since then they've made it less bloodier, which is fine.

But why did they take spps away for fouling?
And who needs spps to enjoy fouling anyhow?
Flaymin

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2004 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Propably one of the reasons why they taked SPP's away for fouling was the reason that every single player had a DP as a first skill. It's very easy to build a team fast with so many casualty SPP's.
Twahn

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2004 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

How can you get SPPs when you didn't even touch the guy? I reckon you should get them if the Ref catches you though... Razz

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2004 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

No need for such a thread.
Wuhan has fun taking other people's fun away.

'nuff said about him.

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2004 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I do feel kinda sorry for the newbie coaches who haven't got the hang of fumbbl yet and don't know there are certain coaches to...watch out for. Especially considering how Jervis freaked when he realized how fouling was being used in various leagues outside of the GW league - i.e. once per turn no matter what, and in order to build players up. However, that is a subject for another thread (which yearns for 1000 posts I hear).

I suppose they mention the 'no SPP' angle because they are new and don't realize who yeh are wuhan! I know I've mentioned it to newbie coaches who go and foul a no SPP lineman when a wardancer was on the turf, because they wanted some SPP without pissing me off or some such nonsense.

They go, "Really? No SPP? That sucks!" So I say, "Yes, well, that's the only reason I don't have five Dirty Players taking turns fouling every chance I get..."

I mean, who plays Blood Bowl for fun?!? I play for the SPP, pure and simple! He who dies with the most SPP, WINS! Very Happy
DoubleSkulls

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2004 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Wuhan wrote:
But why did they take spps away for fouling?

Because its wrong that the player with the most SPPs on almost every team was the dirty player...

Just consider it an added incentive to foul for fun, rather than gain.

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 00:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Let's start with stating that I believe in tactical fouls.

But fouling for the sake of it? Laughing when a player dies? (like Wuhan)

Suffice to say that I think I said enough. Wink
Gibbering_Gambits

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah in 2nd ed I had a skaven linerat with 58 'casualties' he was the bane of every other players existence. Plus there was a Strategy Card which allowed you to foul with each player on your team once per turn... U-G-L-Y!! One of the reasons I'm SOOOOOO happy the cards are gone.... unless of course only I get to use them Wink
Afro

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I love speccing games of Wuhan and Deathgerbil, like a lot of other coaches do, too. You'll find out how much when you try to enter such a match and there is no spectator place left. So

GO WUHAN !!

Foul to entertain us ( and not the poor fool that is on the receiving side of the foul )
And thx to the coaches that are willing to let their teams get wiped out to entertain the whole fumbbl family (and please let it never be me Wink )
Surtur

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 01:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Gooooo Wuhan!

Beat the living daylights out of them!

We all play the game, the way we like it. Hope to meet Blondie some day Wuhan. Just give me the time to build a good enough team first Smile