55 coaches online • Server time: 22:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
So, what do you say?
YES: Simple and easy Buff
51%
 51%  [ 16 ]
NO: Way to OP for my taste
19%
 19%  [ 6 ]
PIE: I prefer apple but will take peach if neccesary
29%
 29%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 31

PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2014 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

anisdrin wrote:
So when you will go low on players you will be gangfouled to obliterate your team.
Great idea!

Well normally the gang foul only works against you when you are short manned in a bad way.

I rarely see the juicy 5-9 man gang foul when it is 11 V 11.

If our issue is the OP nature of gangfouls VS short manned teams...then out law gang fouls.

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2014 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
anisdrin wrote:
So when you will go low on players you will be gangfouled to obliterate your team.
Great idea!

Well normally the gang foul only works against you when you are short manned in a bad way.

I rarely see the juicy 5-9 man gang foul when it is 11 V 11.

If our issue is the OP nature of gangfouls VS short manned teams...then out law gang fouls.

I think it's that the nature of gang fouls doesn't need to be enhanced because of the momentum that depitching players has on further depitching players. You open up more 3d6 blocks and reduce fouling AV rolls to 4+ quite easily when you start taking players out.
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2014 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
You, Sir, are a lot more confident then in your "game" than me. IF I kick off the second half with only my ONE STAR Player and that is it against 11 foes......WELL I have already written off and chalked this one as a loss.

No need to even worry about a second half comeback.

Regardless of what fouling rules you are playing with.

Very Happy Shocked

You've mis-understood his point. If you get steamrolled first half - say a few cas and a lot of kayos - but have a few top stars on the pitch, then some peachy easy gang fouls stand a better chance of causing the casualty that will end the game as a contest. He means T6-8 fouls after a painful unsuccessful defense against a bashing team.

Last edited by Chainsaw on %b %07, %2014 - %00:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2014 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:

You've mis-understood his point. If you get steamrolled first half - say a few cas and a lot of kayos - but have a few top starts on the pitch, then some peachy easy gang fouls stand a better chance of causing the casualty that will end the game as a contest. He means T6-8 fouls after a painful unsuccessful defense against a bashing team.

Fair enough
But I read this and am amazed at the out crying of support for the poor short manned rosters. The reason they are getting short manned is not fouling, unlike LRB4, it is because of the issues discussed in this thread...Why am I getting Short Manned?

Teams that find themselves on T6 with 6 KO and 3 CAS against, well, they need to read this thread....The Brutality of CRP is to much

Fouling is nerfed, the majority of coaches agree with this. I find it interesting that a optional league rule I proposed that a 13+ modified AV check gets +1 inj check causes such concern.

The main reason the optional rules in league play are so desirable for a lot of coaches is because they cannot stand the issues discussed in this thread...Get me the hell out of the open divisons!!!

If you think the path of buffing Fouling is to rework the sneaky git, I would agree with you. So I will once again post my Sneaky Git buff, wait for it, let me get my flame retardant suit on, ok, now Iam set.

Sneaky Git is only sent off on a double roll of the Injury Check. Thus a SG player only ever has a 1 in 6 chance of ejection.

The reason I posted this very simple buff was a idea we were bantering about in Spec mode as we witnessed 3 fouls roll a natural 12 on the foul. Thus this was a group idea.

I did not post the other idea because it was to OP. If the fouler rolls a double 1 he is KOed as he pulled a hammy or a groin on the blown foul.