32 coaches online • Server time: 14:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2014 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey all,

I was wondering about how one should go about developing a Nurgling team. I guess I am a total newbie when it comes to stunty and while I have some general idea I am starting to really like the putrid little beggars and was wondering if someone or a group of someones had some good advice on the development of the team.

I am running under the idea (delusion?) that you are a Khemri/Nurgle mashup that relies on smashing the opposition aside while grinding out wins. Is this kind of right. I realise it is probably simplistic.

Also, what skills are preferable for the team's players? I am sure that Multi-Block for the Beast (or both) is a good idea, but the skill just aggravates me and I am loath to take it. Any good tips for the Nurgling player? I, for instance, have taken Grab on both of mine to help with pitch control (hopefully) as my thoughts are with most stunty players taking sidestep, Grab can keep them in the net of tentacles. Given the Beasts strength, he can keep hold of them quite easily all things being equal.

Also, Plaguebearers... Should you be trying to make them stunty killers? Kind of a MB/T/PO kind of thing? Or are they better served utilising a different strategy?

Well, loads of questions really. I hope that this thread can kind of become a repository of tips, hints and strategies for playing Nurglings and help many (including myself) start making the right choices. So any skill progressions, setups, team composition etc would be great right here!

Cheers,
DrPoods

PS: On what I said. Grab on both Beasts... Stupid? Or not too bad?

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2014 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

To get things started, my team Rotten Little Scoundrels took Grab on both Beasts, took Tackle before block (gulp) on a Nurgling that could be used in a sweeping role and plan on making the Plaguebearers bonafide killers.

Is that a decent way to go about things? And how many should compose a bench? Seems regen would allow me to keep the squad size a bit smaller for the time being.

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2014 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I'm awful with Nurglings so its best I don't start handing out advice. But I'll be interested to see what the legends have to say. Maybe I can glean some useful stuff.

One thing I will say is get more players, 11 is not enough. Regen will let you down and you'll be short handed.

Selfy_74: Verified Stunty Leeg Master

BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2014 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

My advice:

Don't roll 1.
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2014 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

to be started,

ALL OF YOUR TACKLEZONES ARE BELONG TO US.

nurglings are annoying. with Mv5 and Ag2, they are the real dwarves of stunty, and with regen on all the team you ahve one less hassle (should I use the apo? should I keep it for later?) to think about.

against fast opponents, if you can't stop the little critters from running circles around you, you're basically doomed to lose. maybe you'll gain a nurgling for the next match, but you will be outscored.

remember, you can field lots of player with disturbing presence and foul appeareance, so if placed correctly, the handling game will be somewhat slowed down, giving you the time to trim the opposition enough. and bombs can fumble, that in stuty can be really fun Very Happy

don't sacrifice nurglings without a good reason - sometimes it's just better to dodge away (it's a 4+ repeatable) one square from a big guy. to occupy more space, try to keep the nurglings distant two squares from each.

nurglings can develop well with diving tackle, prehensile tail, side step, and some other tasty mutation. even tentacles can be an option, in the end. the first double should be always block, IMHO, then tackle. I took big hand when it was "you pick up the ball on a 2+" and there were no putrifiers (dedicated "runners"), so don't count my Skittaden the Ghost (that was, indeed, a raised nurgling).

putrifiers wors excellently with sure feet, extra arms and possibly sprint. any stat increase is a gift from Granpa Nurgle, so take it. I would say Mv over Av, but on the +Ag I would get the +Av. Block as well it's nice on doubles Very Happy

plaguebearers are the real killing machines on this team, look at Ralatohl and Prubaf. They grind, they trim, they kill and they make coffee as well. they can even walk your dog. unfortunately they lack dodge so they are REALLY prone to be targeted, so remember to give them a little cover.

beasts are good at one thing and it's NOT bashing - they tie up the oppponent's little fellas. and they slowly grind them, but DON'T EXPECT THEM TO DO MAGIC because they will likely fail. more than once their best ability (tentacles) has been used in the opponent's turn, not yours. and those magic moments were when they peacefully stood there doing one simple action - not being confused. be a good coach, give them a simple job at the start of the half and let them be.

mmmh... bash a lot.

then ooze towards endzone Very Happy

DrPoods

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2014 - 01:23 Reply with quote Back to top

BillBrasky wrote:
My advice:

Don't roll 1.

ROFL. Yep. That would suck.

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2014 - 01:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems right. Just how useful is multi on a Beast though? I have never taken it as a skill in any division of FUMBBL and I wonder because looking around, other coaches take it a bit...

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2014 - 02:37 Reply with quote Back to top

answer: not so much.

beasts don't block. not so often. they block people when everything else is under control, and when they can roll 3 dices. block on 2 dices is ok on big guys.

skull/skull, skull/powskull, powskull/skull powskull/powskull means:
- turnover.
- beast down.
- since multiblocking, 2+ stunties freed from the loving hugs of Papa Nurgl'.

tie stunties against a beast, and you got a punching ball to train your nurglings.

for instance, if you want a hipster beast that want to be different, get break tackle before grab/guard. you will find it much more useful.
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2014 - 02:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Right. So grab wasn't insane then. Phew.

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2014 - 03:16 Reply with quote Back to top

definitely not. grab lets you block a stunty and place it in your tacklesonze again, without the needing to move. be wary of side step that counters it.

DrPoods

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2014 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought Grab countered sidestep...

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2014 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Grab and Sidestep cancel each other - so normal pushback.

Sidestepper cant sidestep. Grabber cant grab (that sounds slightly odd...or is it just my imagination?).
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2014 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Grab also cancels out sidestep on the blitz, can be useful.

Two heads also useful on the putrifier as well. Awambawambs advice pretty much spot on though.

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2014 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Mult on the beast only if it has both block (reliability) and grab (keep tackle zones on 'em) already imo.

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2014 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

As per rules (p65): "When making a Block or Blitz Action, Grab and Side Step will cancel each other out and the standard pushback rules apply."
 Jump to: