54 coaches online • Server time: 19:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post War Drums?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Colin

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2004 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll list the differences I spotted...
Changes to what constitutes a completed pass (for SPP and turnover reasons); lots of skill clarifications that will have SkiJunkie kept busy for a while; clarifications on how pushbacks work (see Stand Firm too); updated Wild Animal again (including unstun); all the wizards now updated.

Last edited by Colin on %b %29, %2004 - %19:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
m0nty

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2004 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

EDIT: Obsolete post.

Last edited by m0nty on %b %29, %2004 - %20:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
Colin

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2004 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

oops! Just seeing what I wanted to see...<snips out mistake>

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2004 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the piling on change...
GalakStarscraper

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2004 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

LoordiPaha wrote:
In the index, the Khemri team is listed as Khemri elf team. I can't wait till I get to play those.

0-16 6/3/4/7 Regenerate Gen/AG 80k
70 Rerolls
No apothecary

Very Happy

Galak
GalakStarscraper

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2004 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

LordSigmund wrote:
khemri arent dead elves, Galak has said this is a typo on the TBB thread aparerently Jake Thornton is just as capable of messing up his typing as the rules he makes

Not Jake's fault. That's my typo as I did all the changes for the LRB 3.0 to get it out in time for the Blood Bowl.

I had 10 proof-readers (7 of which were non-BBRC members and MANY of them FUMBBL players as well) ... all of them missed the Khemri Elf error. Its just one of those things that fell through the cracks.

So far there are 6 errors that folks have caught that need cleaned at some point.

1) Khemri Elf
2) Thrud text for Thrud's fans says "played" instead of "plays"
3) Need a better definition with completions as some folks think that TTM plays now give SPPs (which they do not)
4) Need to clean up the Hypnotic Gaze text a bit. Could be misread that a player can Blitz and do both a Block and a Gaze in that action (they can only do one or the other).
5) Q&A has the words "turnover over" in one of the questions. Should be "turns over".
6) Zara's Stakes say "stakesis" instead of "stakes is"

Galak

Last edited by GalakStarscraper on %b %29, %2004 - %23:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
Buttercup

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2004 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting change to multiblock - makes it far less powerful now... (player in TZ of both targets can't assist without guard)

Buttercup
BlackBart

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2004 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

here is what I found to be interesting... located in the Q&A File at the bottom.

Q: Does Foul Appearance work if the player is not standing?
A: Yes, although it does not affect fouls.

Is this a change? I wasnt aware of it before, it would imply that FA interferes with ball passing/catching even while the FA is prone.

If this is not new, is it already implemented in the client?

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2004 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

It is implemented and has been like that since quite a while. FA is such a nice skill that it really is a pity people waste doubles on RSC instead Smile. As long as the player is on the pitch - standing, prone or stunned it works.

-Mnemon
MattiasF

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2004 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Some more errors (at least I think they are):
* Some stange font called "Gutcruncher" is used, and not included in the PDF. Stick to standard or include.
* Page 41Plese don't leave "or below a value of 1." standed after a table.
* Page 60 is obviously not of the same format the other pages.
Page 60 "...then the stakeis somewhat..." should be "...then the stake is somewhat..."
BlackBart

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2004 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually I have been a fan of FA for quite sometime, and want a 16FA Nurgle or Chaos team one of these days

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2004 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

MattiasF wrote:
Some more errors (at least I think they are):
* Some stange font called "Gutcruncher" is used, and not included in the PDF. Stick to standard or include.
* Page 41Plese don't leave "or below a value of 1." standed after a table.
* Page 60 is obviously not of the same format the other pages.
Page 60 "...then the stakeis somewhat..." should be "...then the stake is somewhat..."

The funny thing is that they used Gutcruncher on LRB 2.0 so I'm not sure why its suddenly showing up as a problem for folks machines.

Adobe doesn't allow for additional text lines to be added so the "or below a value of 1" was impossible to leave above the table. Look at the LRB 2.0 ... that line was the final line of the paragraph there are well.

Page 60 ... I didn't have time to create a page that looked the same. The LRB 3.0 was done start to finish in 5 days just to get a copy up in time for the Blood Bowl tournament and it was not done by GW ... so content was placed about 9 miles over prettiness to get this done.

Now that is a typo if they are next to each other ... I'll add that to the list to fix the stakesis error.

Galak
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2004 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

GalakStarscraper wrote:
The funny thing is that they used Gutcruncher on LRB 2.0 so I'm not sure why its suddenly showing up as a problem for folks machines.

It's probably because it was a subset of Gutcruncher that was embedded in the original and the designer must have changed some character to a character that wasn't embedded in the file.

I think it's something like about the elipses on page 2 (Contents). Just shows up as two dots after Living Rulebook. Supposed to be "™", maybe?

It'll be fixed when the new one is made from the Quark file anyway, so no worries. It's a pretty minor thing, I suppose.

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

GalakStarscraper wrote:

Adobe doesn't allow for additional text lines to be added so the "or below a value of 1" was impossible to leave above the table. Look at the LRB 2.0 ... that line was the final line of the paragraph there are well.

Too bad. These trailing lines annoy me. In swedish they are called "horunge" in typograpichal lingo. In english that translates into "orphan" or "son of a ***". No joke! (I just can't understand how I missed it in LRB2...)
GalakStarscraper

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

MattiasF wrote:
Too bad. These trailing lines annoy me. In swedish they are called "horunge" in typograpichal lingo. In english that translates into "orphan" or "son of a ***". No joke! (I just can't understand how I missed it in LRB2...)

Just for the record MattiasF ... it really annoyed me too. I probably sent at least 40 minutes trying to find a way to get that line above the table before I said "F*** it, it just doesn't fit any other way" ... and had to leave it like it was. Very Happy

Galak
 Jump to: