22 coaches online • Server time: 05:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2014 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

So I was spectating a game between cameronhawkins and BillBrasky and the discussion of "who makes Lizards cry crocodile tears the most" came up. Cam says clawpomb is a developed lizards biggest foe while Brasky said "brb whiskey". Actually I don't remember exactly what Bill's argument was

I think Lizards have 3 key weaknesses:

1. They are a PITA to level and develop evenly meaning good opponents can isolate the Saurus with skills that pay the bills.
2. They have unreliable ball handling and have a 2/9 chance with Skinks of rectifying that on a skill up. To date I haven't seen a Surehanded Saurus.
3. Skinks aren't even mediocre as rookies (They're fast gobbos!) so they aren't taken with much regularity as bench players. This of course heightens the impact of any CAS taken during the game but also makes MNGs for Saurus even worse - their journeymen are Skinks!

There's a lot to like about Lizardmen but I think attrition of Saurus really is the lynchpin of the team. You get 2 Saurus out of the game and I think the odds are much better for a win - more so than getting 2 BOBs out on an Orc team or almost any 2 players on any other team.

Last edited by mrt1212 on %b %08, %2014 - %21:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2014 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Leaping Elves. Woodies mostly.
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2014 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Elves are lizards biggest weakness or skaven or very high TV cpomb. But over all Tvs its elves, their blodge is just really hard for lizrdmen to cope with and they are extremely good at skink hunting because of their high ma. Plus they can just dodge into cages or leap in and take out the ball carrier.

1, I disagree with really. I think they are fairly straight forward to skill up. Just score with the Saurii while you dominate the pitch.

2, I agree with, though I have seen lots and lots of Sure hands saurus in my time, the two most recent that come to mind are one in a Tarabarala (sorry spelling) team, and a Malmir team.

3, I think skinks are pretty good never underestimate just how powerful high Ma is.

edit: Purplegoo Ninja'd

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2014 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

i played alot high tv lizards in box anf found clpomb are there biggest ennemy, more than elves of any kind, since u can deal with elves with guard for example.
anisdrin

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2014 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Main weakness is clawpomb that will eliminate saurus.
Leaping elves can be handled with good positioning, guard and a well developed ballcarrier.

Rookie skinks are not mediocre players, far better than gobos.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2014 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

How good skinks are and liz's main weakness being clawpomb are related though. A rookie skink isn't a bad player, but in a TV matched environment like B, every skink on the bench is a free CPOMB killstack on one of your opponent's rookies on the pitch.

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2014 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Obviously they're better than gobbos, I was being a bit facetious. But they're still AV7 stunties and Block or Tackle make them seem like tissue paper sometimes.
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2014 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

stay away from the blockle players then Wink Razz

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2014 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

The Clawpomb moaning thread is elsewhere. This is tactics and strategy. We could have 24 threads on the different races and their weaknesses, and an awful lot of them would have three or four 'At high TV in Blackbox, I'll tell you what their issue is...' responses pretty quickly. At least Lizards have the pace to run away as the game is shortened they aren't Orcs.

Good positioning helps all things, of course. But for a decent amount of their progression, Skinks are pretty vulnerable to an aerial assault.

Last edited by Purplegoo on %b %08, %2014 - %21:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
anisdrin

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2014 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Lizard team with 69 games in the box 45/11/13.
https://fumbbl.com/p/team?op=view&showstats=1&team_id=653115

vs wood elves 2/2/0

vs dwarf 7/1/1

vs chaos 7/2/3

vs chaos dwarf 3/1/5

In my experience nor massive tackle not aerial assaults are the problem.
I struggle when people remove my saurus that's why I have good record vs dwarf and not vs chaos dwarf.

Nothing to do with clawpomb moaning.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2014 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Funnily enough, cameronhawkins' team's worst record is vs DE.

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2014 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I use to go sure hands for the 1st double on a skink (over block) unless I have and ag4. That helps vs leaping stripballers.
On saurus I use to go 50% diving tackle/dodge on 1st double. Also helps with elves.
Noting can help you against killers, just good dice.
anisdrin

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2014 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron's team https://fumbbl.com/p/team?op=view&showstats=1&team_id=761912 with 392 games in box

vs wood elf 7/2/2
vs chaos dwarf 19/6/11
vs dwarf 21/5/1

vs dark elf 0/2/3 and halfling 2/1/2 maybe too few matches to get conclusions.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2014 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
The Clawpomb moaning thread is elsewhere. This is tactics and strategy. We could have 24 threads on the different races and their weaknesses, and an awful lot of them would have three or four 'At high TV in Blackbox, I'll tell you what their issue is...' responses pretty quickly. At least Lizards have the pace to run away as the game is shortened they aren't Orcs.

Good positioning helps all things, of course. But for a decent amount of their progression, Skinks are pretty vulnerable to an aerial assault.

I'm not moaning about it though - There is a strategic entropy the higher the TV gets, but I'm thinking about games in the 1400-1750 range and more generally trying to compare it to other teams and the impact that losing 2 bread and butter players during the game has on the team. The method of loss really isn't that important but I was just trying to give accurate context to the conversation being held. Getting Saurus out of the game, period, seems like a good way to really stymie Lizardmen, more so than other teams with some similar attributes.
anisdrin

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2014 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Probably leaping elves are a problem for rookie lizard coaches who fear them.
But experiened lizard coaches will position to force a good scatter so they can recover and your 7 ST can easy dominate the pitch forcing many dodges on elves.
 Jump to: