49 coaches online • Server time: 12:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Harad

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2014 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Unable to play for a bit with some java issues, I decided to spam the forums a bit.

Like many of us, I'm a bit dissatisfied with the ogre teams. You want them to be poor but it feels like filling the team with snotlings isn't entirely satisfactory.

My thought here is whether you let the team have lots of ogres as before, but they are allowed no team re-rolls. Fluff wise it would reflect the near impossibility of getting the ogres to train together whilst from a game perspective it should handicap them a lot and make for a different coaching challenge.

I haven't tested this so it could obviously be even worse and a terrible idea but unable to play for a while I'm feeling in the mood for some pointless posturing.
Grod

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2014 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Or give them loner?

Oscar Wilde
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2014 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

play some test games (game name should be test:gamenamehere) with 6-players teams. you can pick even teams that aren't yours, just put their teamID in the link you would get to start the java client.

Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2014 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

rr cost of 70k represents that already.

But yeah the new ogre roster is just pointless, unless you get an ag4 SH block Dodge ogre and block guard PO tackle pro on every ogre and at that point they are almost playable, almost, but still not.

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2014 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Even bring back their Gobbo teammates?

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2014 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

btw,

this team.

easilyamused

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2014 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

But yeah the new ogre roster is just pointless, unless you get an ag4 SH block Dodge ogre and block guard PO tackle pro on every ogre and at that point they are almost playable, almost, but still not.

Almost there mate Smile

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=750519

Is that a 3/1/0 record so far this season I see \o/

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2014 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

We have an ace ogre coach in swedish league
https://www.fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=766334
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2014 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

They are OK until about 1300tv. I find 5 MB to start great. But after that when teams start getting Claw, Tackle, MB, Dodge and to a lesser extent Diving Tackle, Side Step, +ST, Horns - then they really struggle. Still fun though.

I actually quite like them being such massive under dogs. You get offered lots of matches, you get under estimated, and when you do win it's great because you've had to work hard for it. It's a challenge.

If I could make one change to make them more competitive? Swap snots for gobbos. Still wouldn't be great but would be a hell of a lot easier to play with and there would be more teams made. 6 Bonehead players is enough, thanks, and if you add too many Ogres, it gets so they would be too powerful (after skilling).
flashgordon1

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2014 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

there are still some 10 ogre teams out there that are scary. i agree they were better when thye had gobbos, not amazing, but better
nThatch

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2014 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I played a couple of hundred games with my Ogre team. When they switched to snotlings, I tried a couple of games, but at team value 2200+, I found that every game was just bouldosing my team. I quit playing my Ogre team, in hope of reinstatment of the Goblins. Sad really...It is unthinkable for me to play with Ogres now.
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2014 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I actually think they shouldn't bring back the goblins, I think Gnoblars would make a lot more sense. The Ogre kingdoms do contain a lot of Gnoblars.

Give them a stats that make them a medium between a goblin and a snotling, like Garions proposed Gnoglar team, 6/2/3/6 (or 5/2/3/6). This A. makes the team closer to the fluff, B. gives a bit more diversity from the Goblin team. It would still leave a pretty big downsides (which a team with six strength five players need) but give the team a player that won't explode when sneezed at.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2014 - 09:59 Reply with quote Back to top

+1 to Gnoblars of some kind.

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2014 - 10:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm using Ogres in my local tt league. Currently 2/2/1. The league is mostly new players so don't read to much into the results. They're a strange team really. No gimmick like a chef or weapons to aid them. Overall I think they're pretty well designed for a low tier 3 team.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2014 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

easilyamused wrote:
Garion wrote:

Almost there mate Smile

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=750519

Is that a 3/1/0 record so far this season I see \o/

Yes, now get your ass up here to division 1 so I can kill that AG4 bloke.
 Jump to: