44 coaches online • Server time: 14:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
More team slots in ranked division?
yes
59%
 59%  [ 137 ]
no
40%
 40%  [ 95 ]
Total Votes : 232

Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2004 - 02:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Shut Up
You wont get more

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2004 - 03:55 Reply with quote Back to top

It's nice to see you take our opinions so seriously and give us comprehensive and rational reasons why you disagree.
Gitzbang

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2004 - 07:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd just love to try some other races, but i absolutely don't like the div-X rule-set and there are just too few unranked teams around to play, so please add some more Ranked spots.

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2004 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Gitzbang wrote:
I'd just love to try some other races, but i absolutely don't like the div-X rule-set and there are just too few unranked teams around to play, so please add some more Ranked spots.

Play Faction and Ladder!
Lorion

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2004 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes play Ladder, great division IMO.

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2004 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

faction is great but all the coaches and teams are better than me... Smile
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2004 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Zy meant something like "[R] is supposed to be about determining which coach is the best at playing the Coach Ranking Hunting Game. Adding more [R] slots would damage this competition."
Or maybe even, "5 [R] teams is more than enough to enjoy playing the Coach Rank Hunting Game."
Or even more promisingly, "Unfortunately, if we allowed more [R] slots, less coaches would play in the much more fun divisions [U], [L],[F], [dX]& [S]. So in the spirit of encouraging the other divisions we've instituted a cap on the number of teams in [R]."
Or even more politely, "Go refer to Christer's earlier post for the reason why you won't be getting more [R] slots."

As I'm sure Zy didn't mean to say, "I'm a grumpy admin and you are a fool!" Twisted Evil

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Mystery Link

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2004 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Britnoth wrote:
A new ranked slot when a team reaches 50 games played for example is what we need.

Now this one I like. I'm all for allowing those coaches with 5 old teams which they're attached to to get another slot. I'd be tempted to say they could only do it if they had decent bios for all their teams/players mind. So few people bother these days...
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2004 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Yer i actually forgot to put in the smiley LOL

so here it is now Smile

People can always move there teams to another division (U or DX) instead of retiring them, its what i intend to do.
I remember the days when it was 3ranked teams Wink ,
Christer and evo pretty much sum it up, it would affect the other divisions too much if we open more ranked slots.

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2004 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Gitzbang wrote:

Play Faction and Ladder!

No thanx. I do play Ladder and unranked and even crappy divX sometimes, but there are just not enough teams in these divisions around.

The idea of getting an extra spot for teams with more than fity games sounds really nice though Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2004 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Gitzbang wrote:
Gitzbang wrote:

Play Faction and Ladder!

No thanx. I do play Ladder and unranked and even crappy divX sometimes, but there are just not enough teams in these divisions around.

The idea of getting an extra spot for teams with more than fity games sounds really nice though Smile

Well, maybe we should remove two of the slots and then people would play more in the other divisions Cool
Arlecchino

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2004 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

There no rational reasons to support some division and not other. People play division that like moore. So it's stupid say: no, moore slot damage other division.
I've 5 team in R and i want some other slot. If u give it to me i'm happy, but if u don't, i don't play other division anyway, because i don't like them.

An economist say: the right price is the market price. So imo if people want moore R slot, R division is better than other for most of the coach, so OPEN SLOT.
And if u don't you are doing the wrong thing.
Uber

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2004 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree that if people want more slots, they should get them. An incremental upgrade would also be nice. All your teams would need at least 10 games for you to get a sixth slot, 15 games per team for a 7th and so forth. That would encourage people to play with all their teams and stick with them.

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2004 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

BadMrMojo wrote:
sk8bcn wrote:
...But besides of tournaments, for what reason play an unranked game?

Not to pick on you personally, sk8, but what's the reason for playing a ranked game? To gain some artificial stat based upon other artificial stats? That's just weak.

The point of playing any game - Ranked, Unranked or Parcheesi - is to have fun and try to win (preferably in that order). I realize I'm taking your question out of context but I think I can actually feel myself die just a wee bit every time someone says something like this.

You know I have a lot of teams. Most of my unranked ones are made for somes leagues in wich I play (that's what I prefer). I altough have a faction team that I like a lot.

But when I see on the chat games that can be done, I find it very difficult too find div x games and do not see a lot of U teams to play.

I wanted to make 2 Unranked championships, NOBODY INTERESTED cause it's unranked.

Ranked simply rules FUMBBL. That's how I see it.

Personnaly I play to win and for fun, but look at my coach ranking, I m not here to be among the top 20 and I do not chase around to improve it. I do not retire teams that should maybe have been retired. But what I like in it is that it shows me my progress.

And so U is cool to ber in a league. But only to play? It doesn't affect my coach ranking, I do not find it that easy to get games. I play with fun in Ranked.

So mrMojo, I ask you one more: What is the advantage with U? What does it mean to be funnyer?
Mully

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2004 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

wanted to make 2 Unranked championships, NOBODY INTERESTED cause it's unranked.

Well that's the mentality that need be to broken here. Limiting "R" slots will hopefully some day pan out on helping the interest. Even the ranking whores should take advantage of U to practice set ups and strategies they might not normally use in "R" games.

Jump to: