41 coaches online • Server time: 16:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2014 - 06:43 Reply with quote Back to top

It's been another six months and the Pro Halfling team (as near as I can reckon) is a year old! So I figured it was time to update the Someday Maybe Legendary PFling Teams-in-the-Making. As before, the crucial stat to Legendary Team status (in this author's eyes), is number of matches played.

Heart of the Little Guy
Coach: Castleman
Matches played: 108 (53 at 6 months)
Record: 34/28/46 (15/12/26 at 6 months)
Win %: 31.5% (28.3% at 6 months)
TV: 1540 (1580 at 6 months)
Treasury: 460k GC (60k GC at 6 months)
Notable info: The Little Guys continue to grind thru an impressive number of matches, led by ALL-TIME PFling Legend Trevor ‘The Hammer’ Young. If you play Stunty and haven't played this team you're missing out. A high-flying stunty team, you're pretty much guaranteed to see 3-4 TTM attempts each half. Into the back-field, down the field, across the field, as hairy-toed bombs...these guys are a blast to play and to watch.

East West Flying Opossums
Coach: Immeli
Matches played: 72 (69 at 6 months)
Record: 34/13/25 (33/13/23 at 6 months)
Win %: 47.2% (47.8% at 6 months)
TV: 1800 (1580 at 6 months)
Treasury: 40k GC (0 GC at 6 months)
Notable info: A team that saw tons of matches in the first 6 months, they've been virutally absent in the last six. Speculation abounds as to the fate of the 'Possums, but a Forensic Astrologer has predicted they hit a hard spot, became seriously malnourised, and collectively got East West confused with North South, and have been lost in Lustria for months. Admittedly, he works for cheap and isn't considered very realiable.

Pursuit of Mediocrity
Coach: robocoyote
Matches played: 52 (28 at 6 months)
Record: 19/9/24 (11/8/9 at 6 months)
Win %: 36.5% (39.3% at 6 months)
TV: 1530 (1300 at 6 months)
Treasury: 50k GC (20k GC at 6 months)
Notable Info: An improving team, the Mediocrity is home of the League's coolest team logo as well as Palson Stinkytoe the most skilled Pro Halfling Lino ever, who actually managed to score 5 TDs in a single match!

Greenfield Rumblers
Coach: Sigmar1
Matches played: 50 (30 at 6 months)
Record: 32/9/9 (22/3/5 at 6 months)
Win %: 64.0% (73.3% at 6 months)
TV: 1770 (1810 at 6 months)
Treasury: 835k GC (515k GC at 6 months)
Notable Info: The Rumblers continue to shine as the Leeg's must successful and profitable PFling franchise. But playing at a consistantly high TV has taken it's toll on the team's win percentage and stars (all four team superstars at 6 months have been killed or permed), but the Rumblers set the mark for how well PFlings can play the game.

There’s No Crying in Bloodbowl
Coach: CraftnBurn
Matches played: 45 (42 at 6 months)
Record: 12/8/25 (10/8/24 at 6 months)
Win %: 26.7% (23.8% at 6 months)
TV: 1870 (1830 at 6 months)
Treasury: 350k GC (325k GC at 6 months)
Notable info: Another team without a lot of action recently, they nonetheless hang onto the #5 spot (#6 being some 20+ games back). There's no Crying has no Legends or especially notable players, they just go to work and get it done like the Pros they are.

So there you have it! The Someday Maybe Legendary PFling Teams-in-the-Making. Who knows, perhaps next year there will be some new teams on the list. Get out there and play PFlings...they're awesome fun!

Last edited by Sigmar1 on %b %03, %2014 - %07:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2014 - 07:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Is the win record the same as FUMBBL calculates it (i.e. 1% per win 0.5% per draw) or the % of games they have actually won? (i.e. 0% for losses and draws).

I'd also like to know what TV yours and Immeli's have been running at. Immeli I can guess pretty much.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2014 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Win %, as last time, is wins/ total matches.

I don't run the Rumblers at any particular TV, they are what they are and that's largely dependant on how much damage they've soaked in their last few matches. I do try to stay at minimum 14 players, and 15 preferably.

But to get at your point, I don't try to maintain a certain 'sweet spot' of TV. I tend to keep all players until they are true handicap. For example, Alver's niggle and Griddlefire's -ST are both bad, but they still contribute despite that. A rookie Fling with -av though...he's fired.