22 coaches online • Server time: 02:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should you foul 1 turners?
yes
85%
 85%  [ 141 ]
No
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
I Dont Agree With fouling
12%
 12%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 164

DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

One Turners ruin the game

a gutter runner with sprint and vlls and surefeet is hard to stop and if u only put him up on your drive only chance of blocking him is on a blitz what is the fun in beating your opponant knowing he dident really have a chance i prefer a slow tactical game where u dont score within one turn then take him off and when u have a 1 turner in the top 10 scorers he dont deserve that award i could make one just as easy and get him up there if i kept on playing

one turners is an escape to actually playing the game and loosing like a real bb player, i hope one time u get a blitzed and foul him to death

it angers me so when people on some occasion have 3-4 one turners and get pissed when they get fouled

Bah! Twisted Evil
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

If u have a 1 turner i would be intreged on your reason why,

if u have one write on this forum why u do

im intreged to hear these reasons

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll soon have a oneturner in my skavenfactionteam. Why you ask? Cause he increases the possibility to win.
Well as you'll know, skaven have to pay with their low AV for their speed, and for their possiblity to score in one turn.

Well, I voted for "foul the **** out of them", cause its a reliable option to take enemy oneturners out of the game and have a higher chance to win the game.

Post 13 Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Zhluhur, If u need to get a 1 turn to win, then u must not be a good coach most elf teams have av7 and they move 6-7 they dont complain they still manage to play on and score within and 3-4 turns and then defend well enough or score again to win the game,
yes they take inj's but they still go on

Im dissapointed

Its not all about winning its about fun and tactical enjoyment knowing u outplayed your opponant is much more fun, Imo

Last edited by DropDeadFred on %b %30, %2004 - %14:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
hoomin_erra

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

As zhluhur says. Skaven are ag, not av. So where you can play a tactical slow game, we can't. We'd have no players left. So to keep the FF up, and the cash in, one turners are it. OK, so 3-4 is overkill yes. I have 1, and if i get blitzed, and he gets fouled? So be it, that's the chance i take. Pesonally, i will always try to have 1 oneturner for those necessary TD's, the rest i try different things with. Never have i had 2 oneturners on a team.( Well possibly once)
Hecropolix

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 14:26 Reply with quote Back to top

But don't people get sick of just making skaven teams, and then quickly getting 1-turners so that you no longer have to rely on tactics anymore and can devote the time u used to spend thinking on whining about is fouling a part of the game and delaying td's.
tubboy

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

One turners can win games, simple as that,

Now i try to keep mine off the pitch so as not to hog all the spp's but if i'm 3-2 down with 1 turn to go i'm supposed not to use him, no chance!
hoomin_erra

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Hecropolix wrote:
But don't people get sick of just making skaven teams, and then quickly getting 1-turners so that you no longer have to rely on tactics anymore and can devote the time u used to spend thinking on whining about is fouling a part of the game and delaying td's.

Why do people whine about 1 turners? Is it because they don't get to use their +ST, block, tackle, frenzy orc blitzers to push my skaven into the crowd?
Sounds like 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. I don't whine about fouling, or stalling. I don't complain either bout playing teams where there are about 6 st4 or 5 players. I accept them as a part of the game, and how that specific team progresses. Well, i have a few one turners. don't complain. it's how my team progresses. And it's not that easy, double for the +MA, and another for the VLL. Yeah, 2 games max, then i got my one turner. Rolling Eyes
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

If one team tries to annihilate the other, the one with a oneturner will use it to have a chance.
If one team has a oneturner the other will try to annihilate the team to have a chance.

See a connection? Just as fouling is a tactic, one turning is.

-Mnemon
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 14:37 Reply with quote Back to top

How can u foul the gutter one turner if he only comes on his drive only way is double 1 on gfi with reroll or blitz
its very hard to foul him

Last edited by DropDeadFred on %b %30, %2004 - %14:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
hoomin_erra

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Mnemon wrote:
If one team tries to annihilate the other, the one with a oneturner will use it to have a chance.
If one team has a oneturner the other will try to annihilate the team to have a chance.

See a connection? Just as fouling is a tactic, one turning is.

-Mnemon

Exactly, it's all a part of the game, play more and complain less. And yes i believe in 1 turners, but i voted yes to fouling
hoomin_erra

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

DropDeadFred wrote:
How can u foul the gutter one turner if he only comes on his drive only way is double 1 on gfi with reroll or blitz
its very hard to foul him

Simple, if you reduce him to 8 players, then the one turner appears. Or he plays with 7
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

im not saying its apart of the game, i just dont agree with it and i was wondering why people decide to make them etc a interesting forum to see peoples onpinions on it

but imo i dont agree with them
BURN ALL 1 TURNERS !!!
hoomin_erra

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

No
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

DropDeadFred wrote:
im not saying its apart of the game, i just dont agree with it and i was wondering why people decide to make them etc a interesting forum to see peoples onpinions on it

but imo i dont agree with them
BURN ALL 1 TURNERS !!!

Same reason as with fouling. Because they can. You'll find a lot people that don't think people should foul every turn, yet some do regardless (and now there are a lot of threads about that already).

-Mnemon
 Jump to: