38 coaches online • Server time: 14:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
buuface

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2014 - 06:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi!

Has it never been considered to create a marketplace (possibly in a different division similar to Ranked) where people can buy and sell players?

I think Cyanide are developing something similar for BB2 and I must say it does sounds like fun having the option to potentially buy ready-skilled players for a higher price if the cash is available or perhaps buying an injured player on the cheap is the situation makes it worthwhile.

Now for a bit of Geek-out; I imagine a system where each player has their own profile, and various traits/alignments which effect how much money they would demand to a coach offering to buy them. On this basis it could be possible to recruit for a example, a dwarf to a human team, but likely at an exorbitant or rather unreasonable price.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2014 - 07:25 Reply with quote Back to top

(I think this should be in either House Rules or General Chat.)

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
buuface

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2014 - 07:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry yes.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2014 - 08:16 Reply with quote Back to top

oh god no

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2014 - 08:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Comes up every other year Razz

Oscar Wilde
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2014 - 08:31 Reply with quote Back to top

The creator hates the idea. Market creates lots of problems. Be thankful Cyanide is moving forward with it. Just wait and see what they make of it. (I'm still waiting for the release of a good bb game, maybe the next one will eat less ressources and be faster and more efficient?)
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2014 - 08:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I've dropped this into ideas.

Not sure it's for me, this.
Roland

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2014 - 09:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Only if it is cash from team treasury, not my VISA card...
buuface

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2014 - 09:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
I've dropped this into ideas.

Thanks Purplegoo

Wreckage wrote:
The creator hates the idea. Market creates lots of problems.

The Creator? of what? this website? sounds like we're part of some sort of cult! I realise its more complicated from a coding perspective than any of the current divisions but what other problems are you talking about?

Ok, the last part of the op was just me fantasising but, surely the idea of a marketplace must hold some ground here if anywhere in BB world. If the majority of us support the release of the 'secret league' teams (which they do, according to the last pole), the idea of a marketplace cant be too radical or viewed so negatively surely?
pythrr

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2014 - 09:30 Reply with quote Back to top

it's not a coding issue; it is just a deeply stupid idea. it might be a fun gimmick for a League, but not for R or B

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2014 - 09:36 Reply with quote Back to top

thanks but I wasn't suggesting it as a replacement for any of the current systems
mr-maverick

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2014 - 09:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Its been debated to death in the past, coach. Christer really doesn't like the idea.

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2014 - 09:52 Reply with quote Back to top

horrible idea I think, however if leagues are customisable enough once the big L change happens, there is nothing stopping you making a league with market place rules where you just manually delete and add players to and from rosters to represent this.

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2014 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Garion.
What level of customisation do you foresee?
Will it be possible to add pre-edited players (stats, skill access, icons etc) to existing teams? If so that would allow for a lot of creativity from league moderators.
Roland

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2014 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

buuface wrote:
Thanks Garion.
What level of customisation do you foresee?
Will it be possible to add pre-edited players (stats, skill access, icons etc) to existing teams? If so that would allow for a lot of creativity from league moderators.

https://fumbbl.com/help:SecretLeague
 Jump to: