53 coaches online • Server time: 23:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CoachBob

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys!
Just wondering about this:
Got me a Troll for my orc team a few games back, but he's been slow at gettin spps, most of the time I'm afraid to blitz with him cause of the Bone head and I don't feel like riskin' the move, sometimes 2 skulls pop up whenever I'm trying to block with the big fella. I mean he doesn't have a Block skill yet, sheesharouney
In any case, could you suggest something as far as how to load him up on skills?
Thank you!
CB
Aries

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

i suggest blitzing with him... you cant get spps with him without doing something, and ive found my big guys never get the mvp... find a team with stunties... fling gobbo lizard... and whack them, you get +1 injury stacked with mighty blow youll prolly get a cas eventually....but seriously suck it up, dont do it on a crucial play and blitz away
CoachBob

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Aries wrote:
i suggest blitzing with him... you cant get spps with him without doing something, and ive found my big guys never get the mvp... find a team with stunties... fling gobbo lizard... and whack them, you get +1 injury stacked with mighty blow youll prolly get a cas eventually....but seriously suck it up, dont do it on a crucial play and blitz away

I think that you are right, cause I've noticed that I'm not a huge risk taker kind of player, I might as well start doing that a little atleast if I want that big lug to grow up and get more skilled Smile
CB
veron

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, whenever you can, try to make a three die block with him instead of the traditional two die block. It's often a matter of mere one extra assist, and with it your chances to knock your opponent down (and hence injuring him) increases significantly.
Elkerlyc

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

1- Make 3d blocks, especially at kick-offs.
2- Park him against a few (3 or so) players of opponent along with some Black orcs. Unless they are elves they are bound to miss dodges and blocking their way out is usually not an option either. Many times you will have a block the turn after.
3-Pray to Nuflle. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

You can also take some skull/pows if you use him at the end of your turn and the other player hasn't block.
MixX

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

You can also take some skull/pows if you use him at the end of your turn and the other player hasn't block.

especially against low AV players, against AV9 or above it's usually not worth it, while I´ll do it anyday against gobbos/halflings/skinks... providing you don't need him to stand up from a tactical standpoint of course..
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: May 04, 2004 - 02:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Good luck - the risks are sure worth it!

My Troll on my orc team is virtually the star of the team...

Once a troll gets started - they can become killing machines...

I love my Troll! Rolling Eyes
Ash

Post   Posted: May 04, 2004 - 02:59 Reply with quote Back to top

anyway troll breeding is not an easy job... really i don t know if it is worth it. Taking a big guy at low TR is the better way to breed them... after TR 150 it becomes really hard without the MVP (and as you said, big guy never take it god knows why...) and you can lose a lot of game because of them...

Post   Posted: May 05, 2004 - 09:21 Reply with quote Back to top

They gain momentum after each new skill.

One thing no-one suggested, may be obvious:

if you can get an intercept attempt with him, go for it --- even if another player is in a better position(but still needs a six).

If you dont roll doubles at all, try Block, Piling On, Multiple Block & Tackle. Works for me.

sangraal
Squiggy

Post   Posted: May 05, 2004 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

although, if you do roll doubles.... pass is a good skill to have.

gives you a chance for a 1 turn td, which is handy when you really need that one touchdown, but don't have time to run across the pitch.

bigdog

Post   Posted: May 05, 2004 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

On a Bad Kick give him the ball. Slowly move the cage down field. It might take 8 turns but who cares.
Elkerlyc

Post   Posted: May 05, 2004 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

You better be careful with that.

He might go stupid just often enough to prevent you from scoring at all!
sangraal

Post   Posted: May 06, 2004 - 08:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Should be cool with 8 turns.

But I would try to get him as close as you can to the endzone as soon as possible.

Leader re-roll on one of the linemen helps.

sangraal

Post   Posted: May 06, 2004 - 14:37 Reply with quote Back to top

sangraal wrote:
Should be cool with 8 turns.

But I would try to get him as close as you can to the endzone as soon as possible.

Leader re-roll on one of the linemen helps.

sangraal

A Leader Reroll won't help at all, because you can't use it on a Big Guy in the client...
 Jump to: