40 coaches online • Server time: 16:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JanMattys

Post   Posted: May 06, 2004 - 15:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah!!!! A Troll Scoring Machine!!! I like it... Very Happy

Since my Chaos Team only lists crushing&crunching dudes, I'll make a runner out of my Troll !!!! Wink

Post   Posted: May 06, 2004 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

If your troll has the ball tho, you probably wont be blocking with it...

The best ideas are:
Always try and make 3d blocks with big guys (just get two assists, easy on a kick-off)
Block with them only AFTER you have made your crucial moves such as picking up the ball, safe blocks etc.
Block with them AFTER you have used your reroll as it won't matter too much who you block with then.
Don't blitz with them unless it is an only option, or you really dont need a strategic blitz (which is basically never). The blitz is just too important to waste.
Remember, even though rookie big guys hardly every hurt anything, they can soak up a lot of damage and tie up several opposing players, so they are still strategically useful.

Oscar Wilde
DarkTom

Post   Posted: May 07, 2004 - 05:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Everyone who thinks, that Big Guys do not get MVPs, may I introduce to you Bullie. Three times MVP in 11 Games. The fans like him for his strength and, since the last game, his flawless interception statistic (1/1).
bigdog

Post   Posted: May 09, 2004 - 02:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I m BoneHead Ogre. I Basher.

If stupid Elf can't kick ball who else should get ball on new Orc team? Weak thrower? He fall down. Give to Me. Ogre don't fall.

I want many Blocks on stupid elves.
If they line up on the cage to stop mighty Ogre, I smash them to ground... I Win.
If stupid elves stay back, I blitz and block. I use up the whole half scoring. No time for stupid elves to score... I Win.
If running out of time. I can still had off to friend Orc and score. Stupid Elf not think Ogre sneaky...I Win.
If I blitz and pull BoneHead 1 out of 6 times, friends orcs bash stupid elf more turns. Friend Orcs like smasher weak elves... We Win.
If Really Stupid Troll plays instead of Mighty Ogre, cage gives many friends... He stupid but still Win.

Me not score easy but me score 2 TD's I get block. I smash stupid elves many more smash. Coach say important. Worth it.

Score TD, I don't care. I want to smash stupid elves. 3 Broken Elves is good. Me like throw 3 dice on all blocks. More elves that go down, more die.
If coach want to give me block in hurry. I blitz . 1 elf out of 6 I pull bonehead and don't blitz. I don't care. I get smash to 5 elves.
Blitz important. Me kill elf important. Coach need to make choice what more important... I vote kill elf.

Coach want basher to be blocker basher in big hurry. Me not in hurry. All Elf die soon.
the_grey_ghost

Post   Posted: May 09, 2004 - 03:18 Reply with quote Back to top

The best tip I got. Get that troll Pro ASAP. Pro basically gives the big guy the best chance at being usefull as the really stupid rolls go from 1/6, 1/2 to 1/9, 1/4. If you don't use it to get out of really stupid then you can try it on the block, throw or even the always hungry roll.

You have black orcs, try to get them guard and your troll will be doing 3d blocks all the time.

The only other thing that i fund works well. Trolls threaten people with their strength. If you are in trouble move the troll near the gutter runner or MVP from the other team. Occasionally you can force errors on their side.
 Jump to: