26 coaches online • Server time: 09:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which is better?
Cherry Pie
26%
 26%  [ 18 ]
Apple Pie
43%
 43%  [ 29 ]
Bakewell Tart
29%
 29%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 67

WhatBall

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2014 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Do you really want SW?

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2014 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

See? I knew this was going to happen. Opened a can of worms.

Guys, do this the regular way, please! Otherwise no one will play in the test division unless he gets his players pimped first...
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2014 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Even if it is a fast fix? Sorry Kalimar.

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2014 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps I haven't been clear enough to the "old" testing crew that this Open Beta is different from what we had before in our closed test group and serves a different purpose. See my post 2 pages back...

Of course I am grateful for all bug findings. Verification however is still done best in test: mode with access to all test commands. As before. The main focus is on "regular" play with a result upload at the end. Just like the "normal" divisions this version is going to be used in when going live.

Thank you for your support.
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2014 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Even if it is a fast fix? Sorry Kalimar.

Whoops. Lets remove side step from Nige to make it all clean again if you've got a moment Whatball.
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2014 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

To play a game in test mode do this:
1) click "play" on one of your teams (in FFB Test division)
2) choose a game name that starts with the prefix test:
3) click on another one of your teams (in FFB Test division)
4) give the same game name
5) play a test game against yourself with access to a full set of test commands (see Help->Chatcommands)
Smeat

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2014 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar wrote:
2) choose a game name that starts with the prefix test:

To clarify, a "test" game name has to be "test:x" or "test:mytestgame" or "test:qwerty" - something like that.

If you want to manipulate the blocking dice the same as numerical dice (see Test Commands), you can do that too -

1 = Skull
    2 = Both Down
    3&4 = Push
    5 = Pow/Push
    6 = Pow

Have fun!

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Ranudar

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2014 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Sweet. I didn't know that. I'm looking forward to test the hew client this weekend. Thank you very much for putting so much effort and work into this project to allow our pixels a short but exciting life full of blood, ball and joy on the failed gfi or succeded interception.
Greets
Ranudar
Cavetroll

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2014 - 06:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I did a test game tonight with two of my own teams. I'd never done it before and wanted to try this way first. I didn't realize that games played this way would not upload. Sorry for that.

Anyway, I bought some Dirty Trick cards for my goblin team and one of them was the Exploding Runes. The third time the goblin threw a bomb, it knocked over the opposing ballcarrier, and one of his teammates caught the ball. But he also caught the bomb and was able to throw it back at the goblins! I'm pretty sure this is a bug, but as the game didn't upload I can't link the match.

Has anyone else seen this with Exploding Rune?

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2014 - 09:36 Reply with quote Back to top

This is a bug and its already reported. Cheers Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2014 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Quick question for Christer/Kalimar.

I don't know how the client works, or how it saves replays etc, so forgive me if this is an obvious no-go (or if its been considered/tried before but is not possible). But would it be possible to load old replays into the new client, and effectively run through "simulation" games that way? So use old games, run them through the client, and check everything comes out as expected at the end? That could be a really good way to cover off some regression testing of the client updates at least.

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2014 - 11:11
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

jamesfarrell129 wrote:
Quick question for Christer/Kalimar.

I don't know how the client works, or how it saves replays etc, so forgive me if this is an obvious no-go (or if its been considered/tried before but is not possible). But would it be possible to load old replays into the new client, and effectively run through "simulation" games that way? So use old games, run them through the client, and check everything comes out as expected at the end? That could be a really good way to cover off some regression testing of the client updates at least.

That's not how it works. Old replays will be converted to a new internal format as part of the switch, but the replays are just that: replays. Nothing is reprocessed in the same way as an actual game.
jamesfarrell129

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2014 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah... ok. Thanks for the response!

I've been looking at event sourcing at work recently and I guess the word replay is getting converted in my head Sad

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2014 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I have asked Christer to move the old teams from the "Fantasy Football" division over to the new "FFB Test Division". It's done. So for those of you with old teams there: have fun! Smile
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2014 - 12:44 Reply with quote Back to top

FFB Client & Server updated to version 1.1.9 (more bugfixes).
 Jump to: