59 coaches online • Server time: 23:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which is better?
Cherry Pie
26%
 26%  [ 18 ]
Apple Pie
43%
 43%  [ 29 ]
Bakewell Tart
29%
 29%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 67

Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2014 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

wooo

awesome Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2014 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

/applause
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2014 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

where is the play button? I can't open any games with my teams?

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2014 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

anyone care to join and have a game? gamename: havemercy
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2014 - 10:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Test division is currently not working. I can paste the error details here if needed, but after the problems last night it looks like it just needs to be switched back on (in a sense)

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2014 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm having an access issue - it started last night before the power outage. The coach name dialog box isn't automatically populating with my coach name, instead it displays: unknown. The password box is also empty.

I am unable to overwrite the coach name field.

I am running a dinosaur-book - OSX Leopard.

Join the Human League Premiership!
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2014 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I had problems too though mine is working now.

Delete browser cache and cookies then go to java preferences and delete java cache.

That might work also you should upgrade to snow leopard which you will be able to do with the hardware in your Mac.

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2014 - 04:17 Reply with quote Back to top

2 minor points about the new icons:

1. Skink teams in S now have the paler blue skink linos from the Lizardman team, but the positionals are still the old darker blue. That's arguably fitting and fluffy, with different spawnings, more intense colours for the superior types, etc, and it certainly makes picking out the positionals easier. But I suspect it wasn't done intentionally, so I thought I'd mention it.

2. Grandfathered Goblin teams in S have no icons, just blue circles. BillBrasky's Krusty Kritters, for example. Not a huge issue at all, as there are so few of those teams, but again I would imagine it wasn't intentional.

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2014 - 05:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Norse Runner Icons looks strange to me, are they an older version? They look like Scottish half-dwarfs
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2014 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a minor, last thing on the list thing, but now Dirty Tricks are available, are we totally happy with the card interface?

Perhaps it is how it is for good reason, but when I've used cards on TT, we don't get chance to see what the first card is, then decide if we want another (that fist one was crap, let's try again, or that one is the one I want, Babe me)? We tend to pick all of the Inducements we want then draw x cards as part of the group.

Also, those of us with fat fingers can missclick a card more than we want, and then there is no going back. If we had a tick box and picked all of our Inducements together, it could be unclicked?

Again - not a criticism or a big deal. Just an idea for what is already a great thing.
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2014 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Well misclicks are an in game problem as well - just a drawback of the computer based platform unfortunately. Accidentally buying a card probably isn't as bad as accidentally dodging into 3 tackle zones with Ag3.

Personally I like the ability to see the cards drawn before selecting the other inducements, or even other cards. Having the option to pick up a bribe to support the exploding runes or the kicking boots might be desirable to help get the most out of a card. As far as I can tell there's nothing in the CRP to suggest you don't get to see what card you've drawn immediately.

On the other hand, as I don't have all the stars availablility and costs committed to memory I can find myself overspending on cards and not being able to afford a cool star player.

Join the Human League Premiership!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2014 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not suggesting that it's a big deal - or that missclicking a card is game breaking or common.

I've not got the rules to hand, and you might be right that there is nothing suggesting you can't look at a card first and do other stuff later. But if there's nothing saying you can either, in an ideal world, surely it'd be desirable that you could not?

Anyway. As I say, no big deal, just another idea for the melting pot.
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2014 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Just to clarify a couple of rules here before things may change.

Page 34 - 'Coaches should be allowed to draw special pay cards and see which card(s) they draw before purchasing any other inducements.'

So when drawing a card you do find out what it is. However you should also be able to go and choose other inducements then go back and select more cards if you wish. As the rules do not say otherwise.

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2014 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

You can prove anything with facts. My copy of the rules is on my phone, which is metres away. Wink

It's a minor thing, either way.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2014 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

being able to take cards then inducements is essential especially in high TV mismatches. Combining some cards with star players is really fun.
 Jump to: