40 coaches online • Server time: 14:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2014 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Verminardo wrote:
PainState wrote:
Setting up Blood Bowl under the old 2ED way still using everything in CRP really changes up the tactics of the game...and then bring back allowing reserves to enter the pitch when a team mate is sent to the KO box or higher...now you have a totally different tactical game.

That's right. It would be a different game entirely. Interesting thoughts...

I will have the league ready for its first season kick off ready for next week.

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2014 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
Maybe instead of having two t8 halves, there could be four t4 or t5 quarters called "drives"? Would that be an improvement?

Well in 2ed once again you could of played under the official NAF rules. Which was an attempt to make the game play like real North American football instead of rugby or football.

Now how could you bring back a feel of North American Football into Blood Bowl is the idea of drives or quarters.

So how do you do that on FUMBBL under CRP..easy.

Here is how it works. Both teams will get a minimum of 2 drives a match.

The receiving team of the first half has 4 turns to score. IF during their 4th turn they have no chance to score they must PUNT (throw the ball) to the other team. IF on turn 4 they have a chance to score they MUST attempt to score at all costs. The results of this all cost play will result in either a turn over OR a score.

IF there is a punt or turn over the other team takes possession and they then have 4 turns to score. It goes back and forth with 4 turns the max for each possession.

So it is still possible for both teams to have multiple possessions of the ball in a half if both teams are scoring in under 4 turns.

There you go..and once again...a idea you can implement in League play.

Another idea for the Old Ways are the Best ways league.

4 turns is enough for every race to score a Touch Down. The main issue with the slow plodders is the tactics have now changed from slow methodical march of CAS and destruction to a slow methodical march down the field to SCORE!!

And **GASP** now all of sudden throwers/catcher types are important for a roster!!! HERESY!

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2014 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I like all the ideas in this thread and if any could be implemented in league i'd be well up for it.
huff

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2014 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Nightbird wrote:
Simple really. Neither team starts w/ the ball & must try to get to it at midfield before the other team.

Kinda like Dungeon Bowl.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2014 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I would love dungeonbowl on fumbbl.

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2014 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

2ed setup left the middle of the field empty. Both teams set up for a kickoff behind the 'second' line in their half not the kicking team setup deep whilst the receiving team was on the halfway line. Would be interesting to see Crp rules on this setup though.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2014 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:

I wouldn't mind a M.U.D.S version... maybe treestomps or geysirs... do an agility roll to get over them....

or do an agility roll to jump into a river with a deadly see animal in it to score...

...have a living ball that moves a square per turn on its own when on the ground towards whereever the closest way off the pitch is.. to escape!

and you can bribe the ball!
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2014 - 05:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
JimmyFantastic wrote:

I wouldn't mind a M.U.D.S version... maybe treestomps or geysirs... do an agility roll to get over them....

or do an agility roll to jump into a river with a deadly see animal in it to score...

...have a living ball that moves a square per turn on its own when on the ground towards whereever the closest way off the pitch is.. to escape!

and you can bribe the ball!

Once again 2ed rules show up...those are the rules in the Chaos Cup.