47 coaches online • Server time: 15:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nyberg

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2014 - 04:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Heya all!

I need some inspiration for fluff for my chaos dwarf blocker Ztrack Backbreaker.

He have taken to the pitch against some of the most profilic killer teams in the box and he have the scars to prove it. Whatever have been given him from bombs to sneaky boots and clawed monsters rolling over him, he have taken it and come back, asking for seconds. For a long time he was the only CPOMBer in the team and at TV 1800+ that paints a very huge bullseye on your back.

His goal is to become the top active chaos dwarf star in the box before -maybe- earning a potion. Right now he is at second place with an old fat blocker who havent seen a blood bowl pitch other than on Cabalvison for two years as the current number one.

After having broken his neck at four separate instances, gotten his brains bashed in as many times and both his hips having been smashed to splinters I envisioned him as playing (and even just moving around) with some sort of assistance. The Old World beeing what it is, I thought of a spiked wheelchair, a sort of muscle powered miniature death roller.

This was in part inspired by the chaos dwarf special character from WHFB, Astragoth: High Priest of Hashut who, being the oldest living chaos dwarf and having no working legs, are transported around by a device made by by a combination of the crafting skills and the twisted dark science of the chaos dwarves. It was also inspired by the Terry Pratchett character Mad Hamish who despite his advanced age and use of a wheelchair continues his plundering and pillaging like there was no tomorrow.

Now, I have been told by the staff that this fluff and background is not apropriate for FUMBBL due to it being disrespectful to disabled people. I will not argue this ruling but I will however state that I never had any intention of ridicule or belittle anyone, disabled or not. I saw, and still see, Ztrack (and Mad Hamish) as examples of people who do not let their disadvantages, or others view of their disadvantages, stop them from kicking behinds and taking names. The majority of blood bowl players with injuries, disabling or otherwise, are promptly fired from their team without a second thought and left discarded and forgotten by their team "mates". Ztrack on the other hand would not hear of such nonsense. Anyone telling him to his face that he is not fit to play would have a hard time repeating this opinion due to a severe lack of teeth and a broken jaw. Having said this, I apologise to everyone who thought the fluff about a permanently injured player solidering on in a wheelchair was offensive.

Now to to my question: How do I fit all these injuries into the fluff without having him in any way disabled? You FUMBBLers are a creative lot, help me out here!

Or should I just retire him so we can keep the illusion that no blood bowl team leave a string of crippled ex players behind them in their travels and then we can keep only writing fluff about the flawless legends?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2014 - 04:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Retire, he's TV bloat, a huge one.
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2014 - 04:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep him. He's got personality.

Join the Human League Premiership!
Nyberg

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2014 - 04:21 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

Did you acually read the post? I'm NOT retiering him. It's not an option. TV bloat or not, im not doing it.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2014 - 04:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, that guy is awesome. Srsly. I personally have never seen an active player carrying that many perms.

No ideas for fluff other than just tell it like it is. He's a banged up dude with a stubborn streak that refuses to retire no matter how badly injured. He's so mean he keeps playing despite the injuries, and no one on his team can tell him otherwise and live to see tomorrow. Play up his personality and ignore his injuries, anyone who see's him will notice them haha.

Oh, and petition an admin to change his name to Ztrack Brokenback Very Happy

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2014 - 04:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Coolest player I've seen in ages. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2014 - 09:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Retire, retire the team and do your bit and play some test games.
Lolthsmeat

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2014 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

With that much minus ma/ag I'd say old Ztrack had been chosen by Hashut to become a chaos dwarf sorcerer but the -av doesn't really fit with the curse of stone. Maybe because the -av came later in his career you could say that Nuffle is interfering to try and keep the player in BB so that he dies on the pitch before he gets carried off (quite literally with all that -ma) to fill the ranks of Hashut's magic wielders. Its all about which god gets to him first with their respective "gifts".
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2014 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

How about he actually died the first time, but to keep the fans happy the coach secretly re-animated his corpse with dark magic. It is getting harder and harder to maintain the spell, hence his deteriating condition, but if the fans find out he is a zombie there will be terrible consequences
selfy_74

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2014 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Good idea, but clearly a case of account hijack. That, or The Great Gobbo has learned to spell. To be honest I liked the other way.

Selfy_74: Verified Stunty Leeg Master

JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2014 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Nyberg wrote:
MattDakka wrote:

Did you acually read the post? I'm NOT retiering him. It's not an option. TV bloat or not, im not doing it.

Nyberg wrote:
Or should I just retire him so we can keep the illusion that no blood bowl team leave a string of crippled ex players behind them in their travels and then we can keep only writing fluff about the flawless legends?

Erm yeah I guess he did read it Smile

I think the photo you have used is bad - I can see how that could be construed as disrespectful.
I think the metal body Astragoth style thing would work if you actually potion him, but until then he is hella banged up so it doesn't make a lot of sense to have something helping him play when he is so rubbish!

Post 18 Posted: Nov 08, 2014 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Hell of a way to raise complex issues about confronting disability on a fantasy forum. Good One Mr. Green

For his fluff, no need to get complicated, just make him team captiain talismanic type guy who can't be dropped or team will fall apart. Also fan favourite.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2014 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I dislike the team, and I'm not overly in love with the player. However I don't think Nyberg was trying to be disrespectful to disabled people. More making the most out of life and playing sport where it would be easier to give up.

The reason CD sorcerers lose ability to use their legs is that magic and dorfs do not mix. It starts to turn the bodies to stone. Astragoth was a long way down that path.
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2014 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Or ee wuz killed an ter keep der sponsorship money kummin in yew put too obgoblins inter iz uniform. Owevvu der obgobz az started ter fall out wiv eech ovva an so iz performance iz on der decline az dey karnt agree wot ter do
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2014 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Nyberg wrote:
MattDakka wrote:

Did you actually remember what you wrote?
Nyberg wrote:

Now to to my question: How do I fit all these injuries into the fluff without having him in any way disabled? You FUMBBLers are a creative lot, help me out here!

You wrote "Or should I just retire him" so it's you not reading what you wrote, not me.
If retiring is not an option then don't write it.
 Jump to: