38 coaches online • Server time: 16:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2014 - 04:18 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
To answer.

woah woah woah... this is not the answer thread, are you trying to put the GLN out of business? O_o

Wink
garyt1

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2014 - 04:51 Reply with quote Back to top

What are you trying to achieve with all these nefarious conspirocies?

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2014 - 05:28 Reply with quote Back to top

1. What command do I have to type to force my opponents concession?

2. How is the current version of CR calculated?

3. Why is there no ping when you get a game in box although there is a ping when you get a game in ranked?

4. Are you able to OT-Score with a ma8 player with no SS and do you attempt it regularly?

5. What change on the site do you look forward to the most?

6. Without checking, do you know what Greased Shoes do?

7. Do you know how FAME is calculated?

8. How do you feel about a LRB Fumbbl personally?

9. How do you feel about people who ask you random questions not pertaining to the site? Does that bother you generally speaking? Or does it bother you more when people suddenly come to you and ask you questions pertaining to the site? Would you generally rather avoid contact with other people on the site or are you happy to help?

10. Why do you think we need a competitive play rule? Is there room for its execution outside covering fringe cases of rule exploitation and arranged games? And if yes, how can that be justified?

11. And what if a coach disagrees with you about what a good strategy is?

12. And what if he is far more experienced than you in the game?

13. What if the admin working a non-competiveness case rarely ever plays or holds a grudge against the current ruleset? Doesn't that strongly affect what he thinks the game should be played like?

14, What if the coach is simply inexperienced?

15. Trying to stay alive is a quite common approach on the game, do I have to expect to get in trouble if I stay down and don't take a final chance at the ball at about 1.2% late into the second half? And is that a fringe case?
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2014 - 06:22 Reply with quote Back to top

16. What is wrong with people trying to operate within a strict set of rules trying to push all of them to their limits? Isn't that the best way to see what is wrong and needs to be changed and should be changed instead of living in a bubble?

17. How can you be competitive if you at the same time are supposed to sorta not try so hard?

18. Do you understand that in a game of probability you do better when you improve your probability to win by whatever means, right?

19. Concessions are sort of restricted, I am supposed to wait for a moment when the game is already decided. However, when the game is decided it tends to be also over soon and usually not worthwhile the concession. If I conceed to avoid injuries (I'm not sure I'm even allowed to) I have to wait till somebody is already heavily injured, hence it will be too late to avoid the injury from happening.
So in all these scenarios there isn't really a point for a concession anymore. Nothing can really be gained from it other than a bit of time. Saving time however is as far as I understand not a valid reason for a concession.

Wouldn't it therefore make more sense to just disable the concession function in the client?

20. If I am at a point in the game where a concession is legal but I decide to just click turn instead and don't hand a free MVP and extra money out to my opponent, would it still make sense to from a site rules point of view to object to my behavior doing nothing?

21, The time limit. I'm not supposed to use it when there is an emergency or some connection issue occured. I'm aware of that. What I don't understand is whether or not it is ok to time somebody out lets say on a toilet break or a smoke break or a food break or any other marginal activity I did not agree on with him. Am I explicitly forbidden to time my opponent out in all those cases where there is a period of inactivity or should I simply assume the inactivity is happening for a valid reason while in fact it may be an invalid one that allows me to click turn when I know about it?

22. Same as with concessions. If you have to run it by an admin first, why not make the access restricted to admins only for this kinda stuff and just remove the features coaches are not supposed to use? Or why not at least equip those features with a warning of sorts?
fangbanger

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2014 - 06:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow! Some of these are absolutely the best questions I've ever heard on this site!
but on another note you're being entirely too serious so I must withdraw any more comments from this link

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2014 - 07:33
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

What my day as an admin primarily consists of:

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2014 - 07:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Serious question then:

When looking over pictures to approve, how often are they not approved, and what is the usual suspect? (what kind of image is often submitted only to be rejected most often)
Roland

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2014 - 09:11 Reply with quote Back to top

WoodPusher wrote:
Serious question then:

When looking over pictures to approve, how often are they not approved, and what is the usual suspect? (what kind of image is often submitted only to be rejected most often)

yes, what other than GW stuff and too naked stuff is not approved?
fangbanger

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2014 - 09:16 Reply with quote Back to top

anything that could be contived as Lizvis in a dress

I just couldn't help myself, that was just too easy.....

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2014 - 09:17 Reply with quote Back to top

jarvis_pants wrote:
What my day as an admin primarily consists of: approve-all-the-images-meme

rofl

(I bet that meme got approved fast enough though!)

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2014 - 09:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage poses a lot of good questions, but no. 19 is just soft Softie McSoftson enrolled at Soft City College as a sophomore... man up

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2014 - 09:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage's first set were good. The second set have a lot of 'I'm dead good me, but why won't you let me win moar wine'.
jarvis_pants

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2014 - 09:23
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
jarvis_pants wrote:
What my day as an admin primarily consists of: approve-all-the-images-meme

rofl

(I bet that meme got approved fast enough though!)

We have a button that says. "Approve All Images" i think of this meme every time i hit that sucka.

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2014 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

1. In-game situation: its a blizzard, turn 16, major tournament game. A team are 1-0 down. Goblin pogoer has the ball, with sprint + sure feet but Greased Shoes. He tries to GFI into the endzone for the equaliser - its the third GFI and he hasn't needed a sure feet reroll. The team has no TRRs left. What are the odds of him scoring the touchdown, to send the game into overtime?

2. Why does cdassak keep breaking the site?

3. if an uber-picked Ranked team was drawn against a min-maxed clawpomb Box team in the FC, who would moan most on the forum?

3a. vaguely related... what is the longest/most pointless forum discussion you've seen in your time as admin?

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2014 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

jamesfarrell129 wrote:

2. Why does cdassak keep breaking the site?

I thought it was mostly Sonrises. I think they call it inventiveness. Wink

Jump to: