21 coaches online • Server time: 04:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2014 - 02:06 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
JimmyFantastic wrote:
Here's how you "fix" BB. Remove attrition completely. Dumb everything down so that it's a terrible game. Make it a mobile app.
The vast majority of people who suck at games, have no taste, and play casually love it and therefore it's a success.
Basically just do the same things as movies, music, TV and video games have been doing for ages.

I wondered who VoodooMike's other account was. Wink

lol, right?
jamesfarrell129

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2014 - 11:47 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Grod wrote:
Simple piling on nerf:

You can only pile on after a block action, NOT a blitz action (just like multiple block).

BRILLANT!!!!

Not brilliant. If it gets changed, it should be the other way... you can only pile on after a blitz, not a block (like juggernaut). Fluff reason: you need momentum for it to work.

To the original post: I cannot see why a big guy would be immune to claw, any more than a blocker in a ton of armour.

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2014 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

jamesfarrell129 wrote:
Grod wrote:
Simple piling on nerf:

You can only pile on after a block action, NOT a blitz action (just like multiple block).

Not brilliant. If it gets changed, it should be the other way... you can only pile on after a blitz, not a block (like juggernaut). Fluff reason: you need momentum for it to work.

I get this, but on reflection I think nerfing PO to only allow it for big guys is not the way to go. What to do with PO is for another thread.

jamesfarrell129 wrote:
To the original post: I cannot see why a big guy would be immune to claw, any more than a blocker in a ton of armour.

I liken big guys to organic tanks, thicker skin/hides/scales etc. Therefore fluff wise I think it would be reasonable to think that they could soak up a lot more claw attacks/damage....So I think making them immune to claw would work.

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2014 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Calcium wrote:

I get this, but on reflection I think nerfing PO to only allow it for big guys is not the way to go. What to do with PO is for another thread.

I liken big guys to organic tanks, thicker skin/hides/scales etc. Therefore fluff wise I think it would be reasonable to think that they could soak up a lot more claw attacks/damage....So I think making them immune to claw would work.

Well I don't think Chainsaw came up with a good reason for it not to be a big guy only skill. It's hard on him and you because you use more than 1 of them in most of your teams. Yet you 180ed, that's fair enough, everyone bar Chainsaw are entitled to an opinion.

Claw and MB as a combo is pretty potent in my opinion. For breaking and removing players from the pitch, I believe is ample.

The mutation teams would still have an upper hand because of claw. PO is available to all bar the agility teams, and for them tackle is a more potent for winning games.

Also remember there are 2 distinct types of big guys. The road block and impact player (with a few a bit in between.

Playing the impacts as a road block never works so well, and they're generally though of as a weaker choice than the road blocks. Giving them PO or PO access really gives them a bump, and something they can use to cause absolute mayhem. It would also mean more diversity to the Pact, CD and Chaos rosters. Pact could become real bloat monsters!!! Which I believe was the intention.

One thing I'd like to see, and I'm pushing Whatball to do this, is some real middling big guys. It's always bonehead/really stupid on the road blocks and wild animal/frenzy on the impacts.

Let's see some variation on these themes and mix them about a bit. Let's see if some of these big guys can really multi task!
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2014 - 13:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Calcium wrote:

Shocker! I agree with Calcium! Mr. Green

Is piling on really that good vs AV9 if you don't have claw?

So, all we need is for Kalimar & Christer to implement "Big Guys immune to claw" in [L]eague when they get a moment. Wink

I can't wait. Very Happy

Edit: Oh yeah, and Sneaky Git adds +1 to fouls. Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2014 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I doubt that be possible without re introducing either a positional known as Big Guy and the code to go with, this would need work on Christers and Kalimars side I believe as the client reads which positonal a player is from the site when the client loads I think. sort of how Thrall currently works, or the races of players in the underworld team.

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2014 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

"Only Big Guy can use Claws vs. another Big Guy" In that way, Minotaur and Snow Troll get unique role: Big Guy killers. And Chaos Pact with 3bg is new meta.
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2014 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
I doubt that be possible without re introducing either a positional known as Big Guy and the code to go with, this would need work on Christers and Kalimars side I believe as the client reads which positonal a player is from the site when the client loads I think. sort of how Thrall currently works, or the races of players in the underworld team.

Bringing back the 'big guy' 'skill' only for [L]eague would make sense for that.

If the option is not selected then the skill does nothing.

That way it is available for other options too.

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2014 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

You want to fix Chaos Pact..well do that with the big guys.

They get M access and the marauders lose it and only get it on doubles.

Problem solved in respect to big guys and the stupid Chaos Pact roster.

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2014 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

it wouldnt needa skill. some of the players have a 'position'. we cant see this but its there in the background. any player that can be bitten by Blood Lust has their position set as Thrall. Every player in the underworld squad is given a position such as - 'skaven', 'Goblin'. this is for the purpose of Animosity.

I might be wrong here. But to make this option possible I think Christer would first have to set a position for all Big Guys, calling it 'Big guy'. then Kalimar would have to add this optional rule in to the client, after this is done Christer would need to have something in fumbbl that allows us to toggle the option on or off. Not saying it can't be done. but it would be a fair bit of work, so I can't see it happening any time soon, if ever tbh.

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2014 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I really like the idea of "fixing" Big Guys. They are supposed to be imposing behemoths that strike terror into other players.

Totally agree with PO only for Big Guys.

On Claw, I like the idea of it being less effective against BGs. Maybe Claw could be +2 (instead of auto AV7) to armour, +1 versus BGs, and not lower AV below 7. This woul also make AV10 worth something.

Not sure if it has been mentioned (and I am not reading back through everything), but I remember a skill called Massive Blow. I always thought that any brute (ST5 or higher) should be allowed to take a second Mighty Blow. You could use each +1 individually or together, depending on the armour roll.

I'll go off-topic a bit now and suggest that taking double skills should be allowed for some of the skills if people wanted to. Might make some unique players. E.g. Dodge/Dodge player has 2 dodge RRs per turn, Frenzy/Frenzy player makes 3 blocks, or the nasty DP/DP zombie for booting nasty Clawbombers.

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2014 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
it wouldnt needa skill. some of the players have a 'position'. we cant see this but its there in the background. any player that can be bitten by Blood Lust has their position set as Thrall. Every player in the underworld squad is given a position such as - 'skaven', 'Goblin'. this is for the purpose of Animosity.

I might be wrong here. But to make this option possible I think Christer would first have to set a position for all Big Guys, calling it 'Big guy'. then Kalimar would have to add this optional rule in to the client, after this is done Christer would need to have something in fumbbl that allows us to toggle the option on or off. Not saying it can't be done. but it would be a fair bit of work, so I can't see it happening any time soon, if ever tbh.

Here are the Strigoyan: https://fumbbl.com/xml:roster?id=35

You can see the Undead and Thrall parameters set to true and false on various players. Big Guys could have a similar setting.

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2014 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

I might be wrong here. But to make this option possible I think Christer would first have to set a position for all Big Guys, calling it 'Big guy'. then Kalimar would have to add this optional rule in to the client, after this is done Christer would need to have something in fumbbl that allow3d us to toggle the option on or off. Not saying it can't be done. but it would be a fair bit of work, so I can't see it happening any time soon, if ever tbh.

If you are telling me that this 'position' field already exists and already works in exactly the way that I would have wanted it to work then Christer's end sounds like mainly adding a few values to the database and the real work is down to Kalimar.

Christer has to add the options of course but that goes for any option.

It doesn't sound to me much worse than the options that we already have.

No doubt some would like to see a DP = +2 option as well. Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2014 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:

I'll go off-topic a bit now and suggest that taking double skills should be allowed for some of the skills if people wanted to. Might make some unique players. E.g. Dodge/Dodge player has 2 dodge RRs per turn, Frenzy/Frenzy player makes 3 blocks, or the nasty DP/DP zombie for booting nasty Clawbombers.

Off topic for sure, but I like the double skill idea with 1 niggle (no pun intended) - Wouldn't allowing a double reroll on any single action conflict with the basis of how rerolls work? I personally think this wouldn't be a great idea.

The example of DP/DP being cumulative however is a very good idea. the 2nd DP skill could be 'VERY Dirty Player' and could always be subject to IGMEOY (If that was reintrocuced) Wink

Anyhoo, back to reality Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2014 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:

DP level 6 Very Happy
 Jump to: