44 coaches online • Server time: 12:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Speccing and Playing...goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2015 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Suggestions:

* Would be nice to have all the inducements with their respectable cost in the roster endpoint.
* I would also welcome an <iconSize>S/M/L</iconSize> property and in the backend to make us able to customize the look of abstract icons entirely. (https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=bugs&op=view&id=1821)

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2015 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Are there any scripty types who can help with this project?

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2015 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Suggestions:

* Roster endpoint: roster.positions.position should have id (quantity, and cost) only since the rest is redundant with Position endpoint results
(* Position endpoint should have no quantity and cost.)

With the parts in parenthesis I implicitly suggest that Positions should get soft linked to Rosters instead of the current hard links. That way it would be easy to build new rosters using existing positions. It would make possible to easily get top lists like Overall Zombie. To let this all current Zombie positions should get merged. Of course all top performances should get recorded by (division_id, roster_id, position_id) tuple.

If merging is a no option, still my firt suggestion excluding the parenthesed part is valid.

@akaRenton: I am slowly working on a researcheable database which will do that.

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2015 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

ruleset/list returns an empty list

suggestion: would be nice to get the ruleset of a match somehow

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2016 - 08:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Has there been more work on this? No pressure, just curious

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2016 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Are there any more api commands?

e.g. get all rulesets, leagues, teams linked to leagues, rulesets, etc

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2016 - 00:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm interested in trying my hand at making some scripts to use the FUMBBL API to pull/process some match data, but I could really use some tips on how to get started, as I have fairly limited experience of Javascript or web coding in general.

Basically, what I want to do is as follows:

• Make a list of all teams that belong to a particular group
  • Pull data on matches each team has played within a particular date range
  • Do some work on that match result data and output something useful

So, firstly, can anyone tell me what FUMBBL API calls would be best to use for this? Secondly, I assume there must be some fairly simple way to parse the xml data from the API call and convert it into data structures that can easily be processed in Javascript? If someone could tell me the easiest way of doing that, it would be a big help.

Another question that I'm curious about - what is the advantage of the new FUMBBL API over the old one?

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2016 - 01:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know if the new API does that stuff yet.

The old one does.

Are you planning to pull the data to your server or straight into the browser?
Straight into the browser may be restricted. Need Christer's word on that.

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2016 - 02:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi koadah, cool thanks for responding Smile

I was thinking of pulling the data into the browser and processing it with Javascript, although I guess I could make some sort of widget instead that would download the data to the user's PC for processing. I'm not necessarily looking to integrate it into a webpage at this point, so I guess I can be flexible, in term of method and language.

What would you recommend as a good place to start?

koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2016 - 02:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd check with Christer whether you can pull the data directly into the browser.

If you can you can do it all in the browser in a web page.

How would you display the data if not in a web page?

edit: What technologies are you comfortable with? Or want to learn?

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2016 - 02:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I'll check with Christer about pulling it into the browser. Out of interest, why do you think that might be restricted, compared with pulling the data to a server?

I guess as an alternative to the webpage, I could make an app that would print the output to a text file, or in a window on the screen, so it can just be copied and pasted.

I've done a bit of basic coding in C/C++. I haven't got much experience of higher-level languages, but Javascript looks fairly straightforward, so maybe the webpage would be the way to go (if it is a viable option). Looks like there is an xml Document Object Model (DOM) available in Javascript, which should allow me to easily access/manipulate xml data?

koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2016 - 03:07 Reply with quote Back to top

By default browsers won't allow you to pull data from a different domain.
Christer can allow it by applying CORS to the API. I don't know if he has.

There might be sneaky ways around it. Greasemonkey? I don't know much about that.

If CORS is enabled or you can get Christer to enable it that would save you a load of grief.

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2016 - 11:38 Reply with quote Back to top

At the time I made my script, I used what I knew. It's far from perfect, but it's gotten so complicated (read: spaghetti code), I keep postponing rewriting it.

Are you planning on making something for yourself, something anyone can download and use? If you plan on making scripts that process alot of matches, I would suggest you pull it down, process and save it locally/server-side, as the match data doesn't change once the match is done. It would save abit of time everytime you have to fetch the data.

On the FUMBBL API page, which koadah already mentionned, I've added the new FUMBBL API commands as much as I could remember. According to Christer there aren't commands for everything the old FUMBBL API have, but I'm sure if the demand/interest is higher Christer might be motivated to add more.

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2016 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

It would be awesome to provide the full Match Data, as used in the newly provided Dice Statistics by Candlejack. Can this data be aquired via API in some way? Or is it planned?
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2016 - 02:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Brainsaw wrote:
It would be awesome to provide the full Match Data, as used in the newly provided Dice Statistics by Candlejack. Can this data be aquired via API in some way? Or is it planned?

Good question. How did he do that?

Jump to: