21 coaches online • Server time: 01:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you want to have the choice to always pick one of the Hive Mind's two most commen skills?
Yes, it makes team building way more interesting.
16%
 16%  [ 37 ]
No, let's keep it straight and always take the most common skill.
9%
 9%  [ 20 ]
I'm totally fine with either.
5%
 5%  [ 12 ]
I don't like either option.
2%
 2%  [ 6 ]
Resistance is futile.
34%
 34%  [ 76 ]
Can we assimilate pie? It would make being a drone so much more comfortable...
31%
 31%  [ 69 ]
Total Votes : 220

Rabe

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2014 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting image. I approve. Wink

Your idea is interesting, too. I'll keep it in mind for the case that the Hive Mind starts to evolve...

My concern would be that after two or three weeks, only three or four coaches would still vote until finally only one or no-one is left. This would depress and demotivate me much more than only few games being played. And it would also lead to a weekly obligation for at least me (or some other group admin, helping me out).

With my system, you can get out your Borg team any time you want and wouldn't even be reminded of it if you're out of time or interest - without the whole idea dying because of it.

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2014 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Aside from that discussion:

Grab yourself a name for your
Borg Cube in the Test Division
right now, everyone!

Naming policy:
Testing Invasion Cube 00X (with X being replaced by the first number available; see my team linked above)

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2014 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

There is one problem with this naming convention is what will happen if we lose a player.
For example "One of Sixteen" is dead, how will we name the replacement?

Zero One, Zero Two ... kind of naming might be better for that.
FRSHMN

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2014 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe: Stay true to yourself and keep naming simple. Stay with Seven of Nine. Rules have to be judged by the goal they want to achieve. No rules naziing please.

Plus: i wanna start assimilating.
gjopie

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2014 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

ilpars wrote:
There is one problem with this naming convention is what will happen if we lose a player.
For example "One of Sixteen" is dead, how will we name the replacement?

Zero One, Zero Two ... kind of naming might be better for that.

A new One of Sixteen is created.

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2014 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I updated the group page a bit. Now there's an example how the list in the Hive Mind will look like, which should make understanding way easier, I hope!

@ilpars:
The next player with that number will have exactly the same name. Individuality doesn't exist. Drones (= players) only have to be told apart from the other Drones currently active in the same Cube (= team). Smile

@FRSHMN:
Thanks for the encouragement. I think we can stick with the original idea for player naming, yes. Two admins spoke for it, one former admin stated his concern. I think we can take the remaining risk.

Feel free to create your teams, apply them to the group and play!

If you have doubt about team or player names, please contact me before readying! If you want to be absolutely sure don't play a game before your team has been accepted into the group. Any questions that come up just post here or via PM directly to me.

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2014 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Testing Invasion Cube 002 are in Smile

A few questions about rules...

1. skilling players: if a marauder rolls a double with no skills in the bank, what do I take?

2. buying players: can I always buy new marauders? or do I have to wait until I've got new bodies available (i.e. killed someone appropriate)? I thought I could just do it, but the rules about who could be assimilated/added to the team body bank confused me a bit...

3. presumably I need to get games in before I can start inducing Dirty Tricks? I really wanna test them out...

4. "All stat upgrades have to be taken, unless a player cannot improve that stat anymore or it has lost value due to injury" - what do I take in those situations where I've already taken all stats I can?

4. (a) Double 5: +AV, or double? and double 6: +ST, or double?

5. This thread seems to imply without skills in the hive mind, I can only take Dist.Presence, Thick Skull, Foul App... the rules have Guard as well. Which is it?

6. Say for example I kill someone with wrestle... then wrestle gets added to the hive mind. Then I take wrestle on a player... does it stay in the hive mind, or does it get removed (or its value dropped by 1)?

7. say for example I kill a dwarf blocker with guard. Everyone cheers, obviously. But does this add Block + Tackle + Thick skull + Guard to the hive mind, or just Guard?

8. Can we have a different word from assimilate? Its a pain to write...

Sorry... that turned into more questions that intended. I never really liked Star Trek Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2014 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

1. You treat it as a normal roll.

2. Yes, you can always buy Marauders (everything else would pretty soon violate site rules). Making assimilated players your new Drones is really just a fluffy bonus.

3. Yes. But at least in the test division you will be able to witness them already! Wink

4. You treat it as a normal/double roll. I think that's covered in the rules, but I'll look into it.

4. (a) Stat upgrade always comes first.

5. I changed that forth and back. Check the group page now, there's an alternate list right beneath the example list I created. You also may not choose anymore, but have to take the first skill from the list (as per normal rules).
The "Hive Mind" section is currently more up to date than the "Rules" section. I'll correct that as soon as possible.

6. It stays in the list forever and even on top of the list as long as now other skill has been assimilated more often.

7. All four will be added. I'll decide soon in which order.

8. No, sorry. Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2014 - 16:07
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

A very minor issue that's unlikely to come up, but Ogres already have Thick Skull and that's their default skill selection if the bank is empty.

Also, for the purposes of helping the test division can we please use the Dirty Tricks straight away, even if you later revert to the original ruling after the client update?

I'll probably create a Testing Invasion Cube tonight Very Happy
Rabe

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2014 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Not that minor really, as the big guys can only take strength skills and therefor will have a rather limited selection. I'll think about what to do in that case.

For me Dirty Tricks are something that Borg definitely would have to learn first. I know how tempting it is to use them (played on orc game with 3 or 4 of those cards so far and it was a blast!), but I won't allow them right now. I hope that doesn't keep anyone from playing in the test division. After all, you can help the collective learn about this "Dirty Ticks"! If we'd have to wait for the client update to even start learning them, it would take way longer.

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2014 - 16:42
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I say unlikely to come up because it will require killing and then recruiting an ogre before any Str skills are added to the bank. That's unlikely, but it could happen.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
knightsweats

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2014 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Ranked Invasion Cube 006 applies to the Hive.

Didn't see anything in the rules about a logo so I knocked one out.
Will obviously remove if the Hive Queen objects.

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=787941
FRSHMN

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2014 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

From a fluffy perspective: I guess ranked Borg will not play against each other, right?
What about blackbox Borg that get scheduled to play each other? Any fluff to explain this?
Rabe

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2014 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, you're absolutely right. Borg teams shouldn't face each other. I currently have no explanation, no.

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2014 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
Well, I say unlikely to come up because it will require killing and then recruiting an ogre before any Str skills are added to the bank. That's unlikely, but it could happen.

Added Stand Firm as last skill to the "substitute" list.

Jump to: