37 coaches online • Server time: 10:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2014 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Battle of Ferenigar group

Claim a spot and record your scoring.

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2014 - 17:51
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

\o/ Im in this too! \o/

btw, is this Rabe Approved?
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2014 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

The Battle of Ferenginar has begun
The Borg cubes have entered the Ferenginar star system and are assimilating all before them. Rise up and defend the Ferengi or destroy the Ferengi and assimilate all before you.

Rules for the Battle of Ferenginar

The battles will rage across the star system in Ranked, Box and Test division.

* The battle will last one month: it will rage from 11/22 to 12/25.

* It will be a open play meta group. Challenge who ever you want on the Gamefinder and take on all comers in the Box div.

* We will keep track of engagements in the Ferenginar system by tallying up points for wins/ties/losses and Assimilations and Borg killed off. Your top 10 scores will be your final score if you should happen to play more than 10 matches.

* The top Borg cube in the Ranked division will play one final match against a famous team/coach of a goblin team to determine if the Ferengi are assimilated or repulse the Borg invasion.

* If the top Borg cube in the Box division then, well, they will square off against a randomly selected team who represent the defense force of the Ferengi around their home planet.

* The Top Borg Cube in the Test Division will play a match against a team in the BoF group who will defend the home planet.

*So it will be best out of 3 matches to determine if the Ferengi are assimilated or repulse the Borg invasion.

Scoring: Borg teams only will keep track of points
Win: 5 points
Tie: 3 points
Loss: 1 point
Assimilate a player (Killed): 2 points
Borg Players killed: -1 point

Badges and stuff

We will have badges for the top 3 cubes in Ranked and Box. There will also be a special Battle of Ferenginar badge for all Borg and non Borg teams who take part.

Of course I will not be making these badges so "we" need to find a coach willing to make up some badges.

Place your Battle of Ferenginar scoring reports in the BoF thread. We will do it the old fashion way for right now. So you must keep track of your own points and reports for now.

Non Borg teams

Now I hear some of you ask: why should I take part in this and not play a borg team? Well for fluff and fun. Taking on the Borg Cubes and challenging them on the gamefinder and blowing them up of course. I expect match reports of Cubes defeated in glorious full detail!!!! and of course you will get a cool Battle of Ferenigar Badge.

And to boot it allows us to make non Borg Star Trek themed teams with a ready made bio that they are defending the Alpha Quadrant from assimilation.

Non Borg teams in the Ranked division must comply with the rules of the division when it comes to playing the same coach repeated times over a short period. So spread the pain out over all the borg cubes in the Ranked Quadrant and blow them up to hell.

Apply your teams to the group for scoring purposes and to let the Borg know who is hunting them

Last edited by PainState on %b %21, %2014 - %18:%Nov; edited 3 times in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2014 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Lorebass wrote:
\o/ Im in this too! \o/

btw, is this Rabe Approved?

ah, do not know and do not care. Borg are INVADING MAN!!!

Do you think I have the time or inclination to ask Rabe if I can engage these cubes and destroy them?

Very Happy Shocked Surprised

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2014 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe has at least applied his Cubes from Box and Ranked. Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2014 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

As a side note: I really like Rabes idea and time he has put into it. This is my way to help him out. And what better way than to have some greater purpose to a meta group beside just assimilating players to collect skills.

This is an attempt to bring out some real fluff and a little competition also.

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2014 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the compliment and appreciation. *bows*

Edit:

The only downside to it is, that I'm trying to encourage coaches to play Borg teams in the Test Division, as it's a great way to have fun there and not play "meaningless" games (even when the teams eventually get deleted, their contribution to the Hive Mind will live on). This meta group gives strong incentive to play in Box and Ranked and I don't think many will play in the Test Division if they have a chance to achieve more in the other ones.

Hence my question in the other thread (don't want to spoil this one with discussion, so please move over there for replies).

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2014 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

The crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise have received your distress call and stand by to assist you against the BORG

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2014 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

WE HAVE ENGAGED THE BORG!

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2014 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

That is fine Rabe...We will include the test Division teams also in our fun.

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2014 - 18:41
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

hehe, I also see this as a way to feed borg teams!

Akira-Class USS Andori V is ready to take on borg in ranked!

Might have the wrong picture right now but i can't find a good one of Akira ships with an empty background.
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2014 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I have changed up the rules to include the test div.

Also the climatic event to determine if Ferenginar is assimilated has been changed.

The Top scoring Cube in Ranked will take on a team like the Lo Few or some such.

The Top scoring Cube in Box will announce when he is activating for the final battle. He will take on a random team who represents the planets final defense force.

The Top Scoring Cube in Test will challenge, ideally, a non borg team in the BoF group as the final battle.

It will be a best of 3 (Meaning the 3 matches listed above). To determine if Ferenginar is assimilated or defeats the Borg.

If there is a tie in the standings due to, well, ties. Then the total Number of CAS in all 3 games will break the tie. IF it is still knotted up them total score and then total blocks and then total fouls and if it is still tied then the Tholians show up, web everyone and declare the star system theirs.

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2014 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

A victory for the crew of the ENTERPRISE and the Federation acting on behalf of the Ferengi Alliance.....but at what cost?

We managed to acquire a Borg drone for further analysis but in the process of carrying out the mission we lost a valued crewmate, ensign 'Raise Shields' - We were unable to retrieve the body and now fear that the genetic information gained by the Borg will make them harder to defeat next time we meet......

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2014 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

To be honest, I didn't get the scoring system yet. My squad in the Test Division just got terribly beaten by some strong little men with beards.

Should I now state the score like this?

Testing Invasion Cube 001

Game:
Testing Invasion Cube 001 vs Testy Little Testers

Score:
0 points
(Loss 1, Drone lost -1)

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2014 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
To be honest, I didn't get the scoring system yet. My squad in the Test Division just got terribly beaten by some strong little men with beards.

Should I now state the score like this?

Testing Invasion Cube 001

Game:
Testing Invasion Cube 001 vs Testy Little Testers

Score:
0 points
(Loss 1, Drone lost -1)

Yep that is correct. So your first match is 0 points. Looks like you need to play 11 matches then to erase that ebarasment of a score.