38 coaches online • Server time: 10:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jopotzuki

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2018 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello!

I am currently practicing and painting a dwarf team in preparation for the next Eurobowl. I am thinking about different builds and what would be the best or optimal. Here are the ones I have come up with:

The current one I am using:
2x slayer, Mighty Blow, tackle
2x blitzer, Mighty blow, guard
2x runner, 1x block
5x blocker, 1x guard
4x TRR
Apo

I tried to go for an all-around list with the current one. Now I'm thinking that there is too few guard.

1x slayer, Mighty Blow
2x blitzer, 2x guard
1x runner, block
7x blocker, 2x guard
4x TRR
Apo
3x FF

Another list with more guard than the previous and with less av8 positionals. I actually like playing with the 2 slayers and 2 runners, because it gives me more hitting power and mobility. I know that Purplechest plays with a similiar opening roster with his teams, but he is pro with dwarves and I'm not Very Happy.

Deathroller (mighty blow)
slayer, mighty blow
blitzer, mighty blow
runner, block
7x blocker, 3x mighty blow
3x TRR
APO

This is a kill all mens list. I like to play with the deathroller but is it actually worth taking it without any bench players? I could drop 2 rerolls to get one more blocker and possibly upgrade blockers to other positionals.

What do you think?

ThierryM wrote:
CR... The synonym of E-Penis right ?
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2018 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

If you go with the Death Roller and no subs you better win the Coin Toss and you better Receive. If not... any coach with even the slightest experience will 1 turn or 2 turn you and you will lose the Death Roller almost immediately.

As for where to put your Guard and your Mighty Blow and which players to use here is my advice (not as a coach that is good at Dorfs but as a guy that would be opposing you).

Think about beating Elves and Skaven...
You do need Tackle of course and you have plenty of it. And the players you have that will be most deadly vs Elves are your Longbeards. You ought to have 1 or 2 Mighty Blow on them.
Your Slayers don't have to be the same (if you use 2). 1 could be more Tackle and Mighty Blow for mowing down Blodgers and others. The other more of a crowd surfer with Juggernaut and Stand Firm.
I like how you put Guard on your Blitzers because they can be more mobile. And they have the AV to be inserted on the inside of the scrum... especially against Elves allowing you to use Longbeards to Blitz on the outsides and Block on the insides. I would have Guard on at least 1 if not both.
Now... the Runners with the AG3 MA6 and SURE HANDS... definitely give them Block. If you want to limit your AV 8... what about giving 1 or both of the Blitzers Sure Hands. Maybe give them Blitzers BOTH Guard and Sure Hands and use no Runners.
You definitely need Sure Hands to beat Ability teams. 2 ought to be enough. I'm just suggesting alternate ways to get it. Maybe 1 Runner and 1 Blitzer with Sure Hands and using the other Blitzer another way.

Against the Bashers your key is not to short yourself of Guard. I would want to have 4 or 5 Guards if it were me. (Actually I would want 11 Guards but I know you have limitations even though I don't know what they are. No matter.)
Personally, I don't think Mighty Blow is very useful against most Bashers with lots of AV9. But the AV8 teams make it worth having some of it.

I would suggest something like...
1 Runner w Block
2 Blitzers w Sure Hands and Guard.
2 (or 3) Longbeards w Guard
2 Longbeards w Mighty Blow
2 (or 1) unskilled Longbeards
1 (or 2) Slayer w Tackle and Mighty Blow
1 Slayer w Juggernaut and Stand Firm

Adjust as you will. Some of those ideas won't fit your play style. I might have given you too many skills. The maths may not be right (idk what the totals are meant to be either way). But something like this ought to give you a shot no matter what you are facing.

Otherwise, I would go ALL OUT KILLER BASHER and hope to slaughter all Agility Teams in your way and be able to go toe-to-toe against any Bashers.
Gromrilram

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2018 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

build 1 is significantly better, no need in wasting that positional.
debatable: 1RR less, 1 slayer less, but 2 blocker more? dont feel like you need loads of RRs on dorfs

skills:
signficant lack of guard!
i feel like the tackle is a wasted skill on a team that has plenty of it to start with.
i am also not sure about the runner with block, i feel like as a ballcarrier i want to protect him anyways, and to blotz with him... maybe. id however go harder on guard:

blitzer guard
blitzer guard
slayer mighty block
slayer
runner
runner
blocker guard
blocker guard
blocker guard
blocker
blocker
4 RR
APO

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2018 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

catalyst, he can only pick 6 regular skill, cant be stacked on 1 player!

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2018 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes only 6 skills and no stacking.

Very good point about tackle. I already have 5 of it so I don't propably need anymore. And very true about the block on the runner. If someone gets to block/blitz him I have already done something wrong.

What about this kind of setup:
2x slayer, Mighty Blow
2x blitzer, 2x guard
2x runner
5x blocker, 2x guard, mighty blow
4x TRR
Apo

ThierryM wrote:
Shushnik

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2018 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

2x runner
2x blitzers w/ guard
2x longbeards w/ MB
2x longbeards w/ guard
5x longbeards

RR x3

Knock people down with your strength advantage.
Foul downed players with extra longbeards.
Profit.
Shushnik

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2018 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

And if you take an apo on a dwarf squad, I will personally come bitchslap you. You have 9 armor. Act like it.
Shushnik

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2018 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Although I may be a bit hostile because of the whiskey. YMMV.
Gromrilram

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2018 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

correct me: eurobowl you play the same lineup in every game, as in no SPP progression or injuries?

assuming i am right: apo is totally worth it. it basically is an extra player, which might happen to be your mb slayer.

do you know your opponents?
if u expect ST high teams (CD, lizard, chaos, nurgle, orc) my vote would still go for the guard.
if you play vs AG teams, the MB might well be worth it on the tackler.
if you play vs zons, gobs or flings: have fun either way.

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2018 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Same team in every game. No spp and injuries are carried over to following games. Apo is very good because on a 1-3 it's a new player (any player basically) and it lets you keep that first KO on the second half on the pitch.

Most opponents in Eurobowl are tier 1 teams. Tier 1 teams are Wood Elf, Undead, Lizardmen, Skaven, Dwarf, Chaos Dwarf, Orcs, Dark Elf, Norse, Amazon. Out of these teams orcs are the most rarely seen team. Then you might see some Pro elves, humans or Necros from tier 2. Rest of the teams you don't basically see in Eurobowls.

ThierryM wrote:
Shushnik

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2018 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

You will use an apo in 1/3 of your games, maybe. A RR is better. An extra long beard for fouling is way, way better.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2018 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I would take the apo, even if just for the ever-more popular necro. If you go down men in that, or lose guards early, you are in trouble. In other games, well fluke KOs happen - if you have one runner on the field and he KOs himself in turn 3 on your drive, you will be glad to have an apo.

You need block on a runner or wood elves are a problem too.
After that, guard on both blitzers, so you can make that leap a -2d and have relatively mobile guard for defence. I would then have guard on two blockers.

I don't think you need 4 TRR. I would take 3 and have 12 players - 1 slayer, 2 runners. If you really felt you need 4RR overall you could take leader on the second runner, but I wouldn't bother, another guard or an MB piece would be stronger.

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2018 - 07:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Out of all the advice I've read on this thread, I think AD has it right.

One Block Runner, because no matter how careful you are, runners get hit. And he's your most mobile player, so having Block on him is useful offensively and defensively.

3RRs max for starting Dwarf team.

One Slayer to limit your av8. Give him MB. Pick off low AV positionals without blodge or surf anyone possible.

Other than that, max out your Guard (2 Blitzers, 2 Longbeards).

If, after everything above you can afford another player...rookie Runner or Slayer depending on your playstyle.

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2018 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I've seen advocates of the one 'slayer build, but can't see sense in only taking one Runner. You then limit yourself to only three AG3 players.

It's boring, but I'd go two MB 'slayers, two Block Runners and then debate with yourself whether to take four Guard Longbeards or (my preference) two Guard Longbeards and two Guard Blitzers (due to the MV and AG helping them keep up with your Runners).

Better coaches than me, of which there are many, would take Block-less Runners but I wouldn't take the risk.

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2018 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I can only take 6 skills.

ThierryM wrote:
 Jump to: