44 coaches online • Server time: 17:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who will win "A Box Full of Money"?
ARR! Duh, we are all about treasure here.
38%
 38%  [ 10 ]
ARR will get more sprints, but the Humans have deep pockets and will raise more money.
19%
 19%  [ 5 ]
No way! We'll have more Human League sprints but ARR will raise more money!
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
HLP! Strength and Honor!
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
I just want to play on my pan pies.
23%
 23%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 26

cdassak

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2015 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings comARRades!

Three weeks left and the heat is really on for the top spots.
Several teams are on the hunt for 50+ point sprints and a top 3 placement, with 54 points enough for second place. Lets have a look:

happygrue's Hotline Miami (Elf), 47points in 15 games, can reach 54 with two wins.
Stonetroll's Masters of Irony (Slann), 47points in 15 games, can reach 51 with a win.
Azure's Elves March on (Elves), 42 points in 13 games, can reach 54 points with 3 wins
My own Leap and Let Die (Slann), 43 points in 14 games, can reach 51 with 2 wins.
BudSpencer’s Smudgy Dodgies (Underworld), 39 points in 12 games, can reach 55 points with 4 wins.

The stunty race is spectacular this season. We have a new leader, with four (!!) teams tied at 37 points and the tiebreaker going to Strider84’s Haribo macht Hobbits froh (Halfling). It’s not over yet though, Stonetroll’s Spartan Flings can win the whole thing with a draw in their final sprint game while okostomi is going for a second ogre sprint with BARRbars who have started 3/1/0 !

In the ARR brawls contest with the HLP the score is 1-1, Billy ‘The grid’ Brasky’s Big LeapArrs (Slann) are the new BrawlARR champs, winning BBB CLXVI.
However, an all ARR final is coming up so a second win for us is guaranteed. Two other finals have ARR teams and there is also an HLP vs ARR final. I’m sure that in the next update we will be celebrating our victory Wink

The sprint count has reached 20 but I think a record breaking 30+ sprint season is quite possible…
koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2015 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Sprint table

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2015 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Ooops, missed one sprint: ARR sprint count at 21, HLP at 14.

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2015 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Mah frogs just finished their sprint with a nice win, shutting out some clawpombing CD. Now just a fling and vampire sprint left to do Smile
cdassak

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2015 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Stonetroll wrote:
Mah frogs just finished their sprint with a nice win, shutting out some clawpombing CD. Now just a fling and vampire sprint left to do Smile

Ha! It seems that I'll have to pay big money.
cdassak

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2015 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings comARRades!

The bell has rung, we are in the final lap and what a spectaculARR season it has been! 33 sprints and counting!

We already have four (!) 50+ points sprints and are anxiously waiting for Azure's and happygrue's Elves and BudSpencer's and zoul's Underworld to make their final push for a place in the winners podium.

In the stunty race the Ogre sprint record didn't hold after all. Both CCSenor's Thaar!d Time Lucky and Subs BadGargantuanStarvingKillerz broke it by 1 point with 39 point sprints but then came okostomi's BARRbars and smashed it with a monumental 45 (!!!) point sprint, one win short of a new stunty record too!

The Goblin sprint record is also at stake as Apojar's Chigabbo Bears finished with 35 points but can improve a lot having started 0/0/5

In the ARR brawls Stonetroll's Genreric [B] Elves and BillBrasky's Bad Etiquette added two more wins to our tally so the final result was 4 wins for us to one win for the HLP with

Ten days left so this is the last update, read all about it in the upcoming season recap
happygrue

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2015 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Last fundraising update here.

Also, can anyone link me to that nice update of the megabrawl results? I can't find it!

Also also: My elves finish with a win, good enough for 3rd currently!

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2015 - 04:38 Reply with quote Back to top

With little hopes of winning this month's challenge, my !sdRRAwkca[B] Ogre's just played their 4th game.

This was a back to back contest against some norse, who STOLE a tie from us in our first head to head..

..revenge would be ours, however, as our team managed to SPP farm 4 skill ups in the re-match!!
One of these was a regular, one was a +MA and two were +AG's for a pair of snots

RRAwr!!!

jamesfarrell129

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2015 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

What's the deadline for the month's sprint? Does it automagically finish at 00:00 server time and the next one start? Or is there some manual stuff that needs to happen?

I'm closing in on completing the goblin sprint (my first evARR!), 4 games to go (though with a record of LDWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL* I may need moar games)... but a busy week and a RttNAFC game to play as well I've a nasty feeling I'll be playing multiple games Friday/Saturday night.

Won't have time for the ARR Brawl this month either Sad

* Not entirely correct number of defeats, though it has felt like it at times...

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2015 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

It rolls over automatically as the month changes. I think it's logged by date/time the match is uploaded, so I'm pretty sure the match would have to be over before midnight, Jan 31st. You are close, given that a three losses equal a game! Wink But in all seriousness, sometimes sprints don't get finished. This is a good month to push through, as they are worth money for FUMBBL, but there will be other seasons if you can't make it.

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2015 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

The match must be finished and uploaded by midnight Jan 31st.

The next Sprint season will begin immediately. There is manual work that must be done before the new season's results are visible. But, even though the new season may not appear on the site the season is running and games played after midnight 31st will count towards the new season.

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2015 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
The match must be finished and uploaded by midnight Jan 31st.

The next Sprint season will begin immediately. There is manual work that must be done before the new season's results are visible. But, even though the new season may not appear on the site the season is running and games played after midnight 31st will count towards the new season.

And that is a good reminder to thank your local koadah for all his behind the scenes manual work keeping ARR group and others going with fancy automated scoring! Thank you sir!

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2015 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I am determined to finish this sprint... I've had 3 or 4 dicings in a row with my goblins so its just been the thought of completing it which has kept me going... Then I'm tempted to start a new gobbo box team (this one started life so well, going WWDW... its been a hard slog since!)

I reckon I can get 4 games in to complete the sprint, I was mostly just wondering how much time I'd have to get a couple of extra games in to see if I could improve my score!

For the next couple of months I should have less on, so hoping to get a sprint or two done (and playing more than 1 ARR game in the first month will help with that!!)

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2015 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

There you go! If you set the bar low you can always aim to beat your personal best next season. Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2015 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I make it 38 completed sprints at this moment, with a few teams on 14 or 15.

My goblins need two more games to finish off... though if I can get 5 more in I could manage to claim a perfect sprint (0-0-16). Has this ever been done before?? Razz