34 coaches online • Server time: 14:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sparta

Post   Posted: May 04, 2004 - 10:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Nigglings are an obstacle for any team. They should of course be there cause its part of the game. I'd like advice how to treat players with nigglings. For instace, my new HE team suffered two aging nigglings after the last match. One on a ST 4 Lion Warrior and one on a Pheonix Warrior. Both are vital for the team this early on.

I cannot afford replacing them and they are GOOD players if they manage to get on the field. If they do not however...

How to treat situations like these? Kick the players? Keep them until they can be replaced? Keep them anyway?

Any opinions?

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=76621

// Sparta
SkatKat

Post   Posted: May 04, 2004 - 10:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I´d kick them as soon as I could afford new players!
JanMattys

Post   Posted: May 04, 2004 - 10:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Look at my team: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=71024

Thrower Pitt is just a sniper, and Willis is a VERY good STR4 blitzer.
I can't retire them until I have developed their substitutes, and I will probably keep them because AG5 on a thrower and a +1 ST are rare enough.

Now look at the niggled lineman Cruise: I could retire him, but since I need some cannon-fodder in the line of scrimmage, I'll keep him until he dies, and save my Apo for someone else.

If I had a "new" lineman niggled I would retire him asap... But if you have a good niggled player, I suggest you to keep him until you can replace him... Or at least until his retirement is not shock for the team.

If you still NEED them... well, keep them and play. Sometimes you will have hard matches due to their absence, but that could be a challenge... and a good excuse to try different tactics. Wink

Last edited by JanMattys on %b %04, %2004 - %10:%May; edited 1 time in total
Doowa

Post   Posted: May 04, 2004 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Generelly my politic is firing nigglers ASAP. Only reason not to is if they have great skills. Nothing more irretating then nigglers hugging all the MVPs for a team Wink

In your exsample I would keep the players a bit more actually. One have 2 skill incl. a double and the other +ST. Though I would replace them when you have the cash. You'll lose the player but also drop a good deal in rating, meaning easier opponents as well.

Post   Posted: May 04, 2004 - 10:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep them until they can be replaced. Try not to suck up too many spp by scoring / passing with them.

Oscar Wilde
Mnemon

Post   Posted: May 04, 2004 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Depends on where I play. In faction ANY niggler and -stat player will likely go. Even my ag5 human blitzer etc. In divx/unranked/stunty they can usually stay until I can replace them.

-Mnemon
albator2001

Post   Posted: May 04, 2004 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

This player has a niggling ... With new rules of dX Division, nigglings are a shit.

But this player is so good that I prefer keeping it.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=222320
Perox

Post   Posted: May 04, 2004 - 11:47 Reply with quote Back to top

albator2001 wrote:
This player has a niggling ... With new rules of dX Division, nigglings are a shit.

But this player is so good that I prefer keeping it.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=222320

How odd... on the players page I saw only one +AG, but he has ag5, so I checked the team page where he has two times +AG. Somethin's buggy...

To get back on the subject:
"Nigglers should go" was my first team strategy on fumbbl. Now I am not so sure anymore, and I am keeping exceptional players around, hoping that they make it to 176 spp with just that one niggle...

Besides, the more nigglers you have, the less impact it has on your team. Chances that all 6 of your niggling players niggle in the same match are very very slim indeed...
So my advice: get more nigglers! Mr. Green

Perox.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: May 04, 2004 - 12:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
How odd... on the players page I saw only one +AG, but he has ag5, so I checked the team page where he has two times +AG. Somethin's buggy...

I noticed it too. It is the way it works. The player's page displays DIFFERENT advances... If you got two +MA, or two +AG, they will both be displayed only in the roster page. The player's page will just display one.

Dunno why.
(I never reported it because I don't think it's sooo important...)
Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 04, 2004 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I try to retire all nigglers on the spot, since they niggle about 70-80% for me (I'm not making this up). If the impact on TR is neglectible however, I keep them sometimes to use them as sacrificial lambs on the LoS.
albator2001

Post   Posted: May 04, 2004 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

See this team I retired :

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=10047

A lot of nigglings is not good ...

Very versatile.
Sparta

Post   Posted: May 04, 2004 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks!

I'll keep them for a few games and see what happens.

Its frustrating to get both those nigglings from age though...
odi

Post   Posted: May 04, 2004 - 13:59 Reply with quote Back to top

albator2001 wrote:
See this team I retired :

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=10047

A lot of nigglings is not good ...

Very versatile.

This is the kind of team I will challange when you'll get to pick the 5th handicap result... virus... anyone... anyone =)
HoboJed

Post   Posted: May 04, 2004 - 14:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Keeping niggled players because "they are too good to retire" leads to teams getting retired...look at my orcs:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=17961

I just couldn't bare getting rid of an AG 4 thrower, an ST 4 + Guard Lineorc, an ST 4 Blitzer, and several other good players who had developed niggling injuries (my only good player who didn't age, an AG 5 blitzer, died)....and then I had to let the team go, because all those nigglings ment that the team wasn't winning much, and lack of winnings ment that I was never able to replace any players...
chunky04

Post   Posted: May 04, 2004 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

My Rotters have few niggled players, all with Claw. Since I already have a few players like that, it doesn't hurt if they miss the game, as the amount of claw means most of it is redundant already.