59 coaches online • Server time: 20:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
xyon

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2014 - 00:20 Reply with quote Back to top

It might just be every set up I've ever used before, but the volume in the client is usually way too loud, I normally only fluctuate the volume between 0 and 10 in the volume bar for the client, because anything higher than 20 is too loud for my system.

So, I might suggest changing it so that the current client volume set at 40 become the new 100, and then allow a gradient between 0 and the new max volume.

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Hey Xyon you need to change your sig son, I never said anything vaguely like that!
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2014 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

This is definitely an extremely important point. I distinctly remember JimmyFantastic saying that!
happygrue

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2014 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

EH? WHAT?

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2014 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

happygrue wrote:
EH? WHAT?

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Whenever I think I might be wrong, I check with xyon to make sure I'm always right.
xyon

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2014 - 01:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see what that has to do with this but oh well Smile

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Hey Xyon you need to change your sig son, I never said anything vaguely like that!
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2014 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

xyon wrote:
I don't see what that has to do with this but oh well Smile

Sorry, I may have missed the point. However when some coaches have a signature that has a stronger message than the post, I tend to get distracted.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2014 - 03:00 Reply with quote Back to top

To be fair to the OP I do find if I don't mute the client sounds I do have to lower my PC volume to 10% or lower just to not be deafened by the clicks of players moving around.
Being able to mute player moves while leaving crowd noises and special effects like injuries would be nice too. Not exactly priority but may be relatively simple.
Loew

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2014 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1: do you know that you can set the volume of the sounds in the client? (I think it is a newish feature..). User Settings -> Sound Volume.

And yes, the default volume was too high on all pcs that I infected with FFB Wink. And of course this is a low priority feature request, it is only for convenience and there are enough workarounds available.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2014 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I have the volume set at 2 all the time so while it's maybe too loud by default you can always just turn it down...

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2014 - 11:52 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
I have the volume set at 2 all the time so while it's maybe too loud by default you can always just turn it down...

But at the very lowest volume levels I've found that the sound quality gets distorted. As everyone else has said, this is super low priority, but it is an issue I've also experienced and thought about.

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2014 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Aha that explains why I thought the sound was messed up and others didn't. Cheers.

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2014 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Just deployed a fix for this (no new version number). Volume can be set between 10 and 100. To mute the sound use the appropriate setting (instead of the volume control). I hope this is better. Hard to say without being able to test on all the different systems used out there...

EDIT: let me know if this works for you (and how it is improved, if at all), please!
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2014 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Client volume between 10-20 sounds distorted to me.

Client volume at 40 is ok but I have to set my system volume to 10/100 so the client is still very loud.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2014 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I used to have sound set at 1, now the minimum volume is 10, too loud for me.
The old version with 1 as minimum volume setting was better. Sad
xyon

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2014 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar wrote:
Just deployed a fix for this (no new version number). Volume can be set between 10 and 100. To mute the sound use the appropriate setting (instead of the volume control). I hope this is better. Hard to say without being able to test on all the different systems used out there...

EDIT: let me know if this works for you (and how it is improved, if at all), please!

By being set from 10 and 100 what does this mean? is 100 the same dB of loudness as 100 was before?

I guess what I'm saying is, 100 is too loud, and I think people should be able to still change volume from 0 to 100, but the dB 'volume' that 100 represents should be lower than what it is now.

JimmyFantastic wrote:
 Jump to: